American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Trubisky played well? He averaged 3.6 air yards per attempt. His performance against the lions was better than last night. All this little Chicago run will do is condemn them to another year of Nagy and Mitch.

Oraisteach

O-H-I-O (Phew!). Ohio State, Down 14-0, rallies to beat Wisconsin 34-21 to take the Big 10 championship.

gallsman

Incredible 48-46 win for the 9ers in New Orleans.

Kittle is peak Gronk levels of good.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on December 06, 2019, 10:37:49 PM
Trubisky played well? He averaged 3.6 air yards per attempt. His performance against the lions was better than last night. All this little Chicago run will do is condemn them to another year of Nagy and Mitch.

It wasn't too bad last year.

If you've a problem with people saying he played well you've a lot of people to have a problem with. Most people said he played well. And good luck to him after all the flak he has taken. Nagy deserves more in my opinion but both need to do better.

So the Steelers are now two wins into their rest of the season where they won't win any games!  ;D . Buffalo and at Jets next two - both winnable. Think they'll need to win them to make the playoffs.

declan85

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

Excellent simulator here. Select a team, predict the results and see how every result affects that teams chances of the playoffs..

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on December 08, 2019, 09:38:53 PM
Incredible 48-46 win for the 9ers in New Orleans.

Kittle is peak Gronk levels of good.

He was a beast for that last play! Grabbing him by the face mask is just dumb.

Great game though, with both sides playing great on offence. NFC playoffs are going to be a minefield.

cadhlancian

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 09, 2019, 09:09:39 AM

If you've a problem with people saying he played well you've a lot of people to have a problem with. Most people said he played well. And good luck to him after all the flak he has taken. Nagy deserves more in my opinion but both need to do better.

So the Steelers are now two wins into their rest of the season where they won't win any games!  ;D . Buffalo and at Jets next two - both winnable. Think they'll need to win them to make the playoffs.
And your take on Marcus Mariota? Tannehill is lighting it up in Tennessee yet they didn't have any weapons ? Only the third QB in HISTORY to have 4 consecutive games with a QB rating of 130 or higher. Mariota held them back and arguably had Tannehill been there from the start of the year the Titans would be vying for a bye week in the playoffs . Marcus Mariota won't get a solid starting position again in the NFL . He'll start for someone again, but as a backup , which is his level.

Crete Boom

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 09, 2019, 08:29:30 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 09, 2019, 09:09:39 AM

And your take on Marcus Mariota? Tannehill is lighting it up in Tennessee yet they didn't have any weapons ? Only the third QB in HISTORY to have 4 consecutive games with a QB rating of 130 or higher. Mariota held them back and arguably had Tannehill been there from the start of the year the Titans would be vying for a bye week in the playoffs . Marcus Mariota won't get a solid starting position again in the NFL . He'll start for someone again, but as a backup , which is his level.

And your take on Tannehill at Miami? Trubisky is the first QB in NFL history to complete over 70% of his passes on 30 plus pass attempts, throw for 3 touchdown passes, rush for 50 or more yards and rush for a touchdown in one game and he did this on primtime at home against Dallas when the Bears were a 3 point home underdog!!
My point being is there are plenty of hot takes on young qb's these days outside of a Mahomes or a Manziel probably it is best to wait till their fourth or fifth year or even a new team like Tannehill before you write off a young qb! So I will wait another while yet before annoiting Tannehill or burying Trubisky or Mariota!!

cadhlancian

Mariota has been in the league 5 years . Seanie point was that it wasn't him, it was the Titans talent and coaching around him that was the issue . That's clearly not the case.

cadhlancian

And where does Manziel fit into this? 🤷🏻‍♂️

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 10, 2019, 01:12:04 AM
Mariota has been in the league 5 years . Seanie point was that it wasn't him, it was the Titans talent and coaching around him that was the issue . That's clearly not the case.

The scheme doesn't suit his skill set and has eroded his confidence over time. Perhaps it suits Tannehill better and also - after being a disaster in Miami - he's fighting for his NFL life and just going for it. I personally think he'll regress to his mean sooner or later. Ryan Fitzpatrick goes on good runs statistically, doesn't mean he's a good QB.

cadhlancian

The scheme doesn't suit his skill set is because he isn't good enough. Tannehill wasn't in a great situation in Miami either, I,m not comparing them . You were on here saying that he was better than Tannehill , Goff , Trubiskey , Darnold etc. He clearly isn't....

magpie seanie

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 10, 2019, 02:54:06 PM
The scheme doesn't suit his skill set is because he isn't good enough. Tannehill wasn't in a great situation in Miami either, I,m not comparing them . You were on here saying that he was better than Tannehill , Goff , Trubiskey , Darnold etc. He clearly isn't....

He's extremely accurate and throws very few interceptable passes. Can also run well. I absolutely stand over what I said about him and hope he gets the chance next year to prove it.

Miami brough Tannehill's college head coach in as offensive coordinator when he signed. They at least tried to help their QB.

cadhlancian

Horrible loss for the Niners yesterday , knocks them all the way back down to the 5 seed , they have a chance to get it back in Seattle in 2 weeks . Steelers and Buffalo are definitely 2 elite defenses , Steelers just a little limited offensively. Patriots defense keeping them in touch , can't see them having enough to win it all again , but you know how that goes !
Josh Gordon busted again , I'd imagine that'll be it for him in the NFL , sad , but there's obviously something seriously wrong with him , football probably the least of his worries.

Ravens
Saints
Seahawks
Niners
Packers
Patriots
Vikings
Buffalo
Cowboys
Houston

Ball Hopper

On Monday Night Football this week, 40-year old Drew Brees passed Peyton Manning in the NFL all-time touchdown passes list (540 to 539).  Mind you, Tom Brady lurking at 538.

In the same game Brees also broke the single-game passing % completion rate, completing 29 of 30 passes (96.7%).   The old record was Philip Rivers getting 28 of 29 (96.6%).  The NFL round to the first decimal place by the way.