Willie Frazer and FAIR

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Speaking of Nolan, he's lost some weight but I see he polished off 20 (twenty) packets of crisps last night. If Frazier had issues so has Nolan. No one who is right in the head consumes food like that.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on June 29, 2019, 02:07:59 PM
Speaking of Nolan, he's lost some weight but I see he polished off 20 (twenty) packets of crisps last night. If Frazier had issues so has Nolan. No one who is right in the head consumes food like that.

And chocolate too. Expect him to be back to his usual self soon.

Milltown Row2

This is pathetic lads. Close the thread the bigot is dead. Move on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2019, 03:01:59 PM
This is pathetic lads. Close the thread the bigot is dead. Move on

Nolan?

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Over the Bar

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2019, 01:56:06 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2019, 10:39:13 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 28, 2019, 10:31:07 PM
All the bitterness can't have been good for him.
Although he seems to be from a long line of bitterness so is likely to have had it instilled in him anyway but he did have a lot of reason to be bitter.
I'm not sure how well rounded I'd be having suffered the losses he did, without discussing the rights & wrongs of them.
It was probably what killed him as well. Trauma affects people differently. There is loads of trauma in the North.
58 or whatever is a very young age.  Dolours Price was also relatively young when she died.

Did Delours Price not die from a cocktail of  drink/prescription drugs?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 05:45:22 PM
Although he seems to be from a long line of bitterness so is likely to have had it instilled in him anyway but he did have a lot of reason to be bitter.
I'm not sure how well rounded I'd be having suffered the losses he did, without discussing the rights & wrongs of them.
It was probably what killed him as well. Trauma affects people differently. There is loads of trauma in the North.
58 or whatever is a very young age.  Dolours Price was also relatively young when she died.

Ibwould reckon her past had something to do with that cocktail of anti-depressants and sedatives.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 29, 2019, 06:24:59 PM

Ibwould reckon her past had something to do with that cocktail of anti-depressants and sedatives.

Not too many active players from the troubles die peacefully in their beds having enjoyed old age I imagine?

trailer

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 07:03:49 PM

Not too many active players from the troubles die peacefully in their beds having enjoyed old age I imagine?

McGuinness? Adams probably will too.

Tony Baloney

Those with a very strong conviction probably survive okay as would the lunatics. I doubt vile cnuts like Torrens Knight ever dwell over their actions.

dec

Kevin McKenna and Billy McKee both died in the last few weeks

seafoid

She did but had been alcoholic for a good while before.

She cared for her aunt who was blinded and lost both hands in an accident with a bomb. She wasn't allowed out of Lincoln prison for the funeral of her mother. Etc etc

There is a song in Irish about the death of her mother.

https://youtu.be/eUjp5-TqaXc

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/filming-dolours-price-her-name-is-latin-for-sorrow-that-describes-her-life-1.3610215?mode=amp
She was threatening to go public with everything," MoIoney says. "That would have caused enormous damage to herself, to her family, to all sorts of people."
Dolours Price was a source for The Secret History of the IRA and Moloney had an extensive understanding of just how many windows were about to be rattled. She could talk to Gerry Adams's early days. She could spill details on the abduction of Belfast woman Jean McConville in 1972.

She remembers caring for an aunt who was blinded and lost both hands following an accident with IRA explosives. Initially, unlike her father and that aunt, she believed in peaceful change, but her experiences at the Burntollet Bridge incident in 1969 – when security forces allowed loyalist protesters to brutally attack a civil rights march – altered her attitude forever.

After that, they felt Northern Ireland was beyond reform," Moloney says. "After that she came to view her father's view as correct. For many others the path was then a straightforward one into the arms of the IRA. Many more followed after internment came in."

Whatever one's feeling about the Troubles, hers remains a sad story. She was married to the actor Stephen Rea from 1983 until 2003, but died in 2013 after taking a toxic combination of sedatives and anti-depressant medications. She had been on hunger strike in prison and had subsequently dealt with anorexia nervosa.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Over the Bar

Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2019, 07:52:26 PM

She did but had been alcoholic for a good while before.

She cared for her aunt who was blinded and lost both hands in an accident with a bomb. She wasn't allowed out of Lincoln prison for the funeral of her mother. Etc etc

There is a song in Irish about the death of her mother.

https://youtu.be/eUjp5-TqaXc

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/filming-dolours-price-her-name-is-latin-for-sorrow-that-describes-her-life-1.3610215?mode=amp
She was threatening to go public with everything," MoIoney says. "That would have caused enormous damage to herself, to her family, to all sorts of people."
Dolours Price was a source for The Secret History of the IRA and Moloney had an extensive understanding of just how many windows were about to be rattled. She could talk to Gerry Adams's early days. She could spill details on the abduction of Belfast woman Jean McConville in 1972.

She remembers caring for an aunt who was blinded and lost both hands following an accident with IRA explosives. Initially, unlike her father and that aunt, she believed in peaceful change, but her experiences at the Burntollet Bridge incident in 1969 – when security forces allowed loyalist protesters to brutally attack a civil rights march – altered her attitude forever.

After that, they felt Northern Ireland was beyond reform," Moloney says. "After that she came to view her father's view as correct. For many others the path was then a straightforward one into the arms of the IRA. Many more followed after internment came in."

Whatever one's feeling about the Troubles, hers remains a sad story. She was married to the actor Stephen Rea from 1983 until 2003, but died in 2013 after taking a toxic combination of sedatives and anti-depressant medications. She had been on hunger strike in prison and had subsequently dealt with anorexia nervosa.

An incredibly sad upbringing and life all of which was a reaction to British injustice. No doubt her similar story has resonated throughout the 'empire' for generations.

Tony Baloney

Have any of you read the book Say Nothing about the Troubles?