Willie Frazer and FAIR

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2018, 11:42:58 PM
What's strange is people buying tickets to see the Wolf tones and being offended by their music, while this never happened and the only ones offended it seems where unionist politicians who live nowhere near the Falls Park..

Thought I saw somewhere that the beef was the amount of funding they got from the council for all this anti-British carry on
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on August 14, 2018, 10:10:11 AM
What's strange is people buying tickets to see the Wolf tones and being offended by their music, while this never happened and the only ones offended it seems where unionist politicians who live nowhere near the Falls Park..

Thought I saw somewhere that the beef was the amount of funding they got from the council for all this anti-British carry on

Chris McGimpsey was on Nolan from the UUP and this was his gripe.

Was hilarious listening to Nolan insisting that it wasn't the Wolfe Tones lyrics that was the issue, it was the crowd singing and chanting. Repeatedly insisted that "ooh ah up the Ra" wasn't part of the song despite being corrected.

Milltown Row2

Same funding the loyalist get for the 12th and the anti Irish carry on? Its funny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

I presume Nationalusts/Irish people don't pay any tax or rates etc in the 6 Cos?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on August 14, 2018, 10:47:37 AM
I presume Nationalusts/Irish people don't pay any tax or rates etc in the 6 Cos?

Can't be dealing with another type in the north!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2018, 11:32:48 AM

A crowd of balaclavaed folk throw their keys in the bowl....that would be some swingers party....

Mourne Red

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 14, 2018, 12:07:52 PM

A crowd of balaclavaed folk throw their keys in the bowl....that would be some swingers party....

Or a normal Friday night at Iris Robinsons

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2018, 10:37:06 AM

Same funding the loyalist get for the 12th and the anti Irish carry on? Its funny

Was talking to a building contractor working in Bangor around the time when that boney fell over and he was telling me he got a visit on his site from a handful of lads in a mini lorry looking for timber. He gave them whatever old floorboards and stuff he had lying from gutting out a house. He asked them who owned the lorry and they told him they'd hired it for a week to build the boney all paid for by ND&A Council (my rates). The Crane they had onsite was also hired and he reckon one of those costs approx £600 per day also very likely my rate money again.

Not a word said.

brokencrossbar1

[q ;Duote author=Mourne Red link=topic=15659.msg1839166#msg1839166 date=1534244959]
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 14, 2018, 12:07:52 PM

Or a normal Friday night at Iris Robinsons
[/quote]

True!!! ;D

Applesisapples

There is a difference between kids at a party with no knowledge of the conflict singing along with the Wolfe Tones and kids actually building bonfires with Willie & Co on it. The Feile has cut that nonsense out. I personally don't see the harm of the Sash or Come out you black n tans provided no one gets offended. I.e you are not marching through the Streets of the other side of the community with a view to offend. I was brought up on the old rebel songs and never supported the IRA or their armed actions. It gives a sense of belonging that some get others don't. I would take the lectures of Unionists if they didn't support the OO and Orange Parades going where they give offence. I think a little bit of tolerance is required on all sides.

Armamike

Each side here continues to wind up the other crowd. We just can't seem to help ourselves. Time to grow up and move on.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Gabriel_Hurl

Not satisfied with last week

Milltown Row2

imtommygunn

gallsman