Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Decision made so its either get behind the man now, or dont up to yourself.
Sounds like Madden has more fans in Creggan than in Portglenone. Maybe Madden will be back at the helm in Creggan as hes now job hunting and hes so highly thought of there.

the goal was on

Enda Mc ginlay thinks it gonna be a split season and that's why Steven o Neil can double job. Not sure that will be the case. If Antrim draw Derry in championship there is some conflict there! Fair play Stevie though , must love helping Antrim and Derry football!!

Cranfield

EOC we are quite happy with the McNulty brothers in Creggan so we won't be bringing Madden or any previous managers back.

I have no inside knowledge of the process BS merely going by EMG interviews since the Cavan game which seemed to suggest he was considering the role.

We got two ex Tyrone all-stars with limited experience but undoubted potential. I've seen a time we might have jumped at that so it's not a bad appointment just not my preference as stated.

I'll be behind the team no matter who's in charge. Do people see many new faces being brought in? From ourselves I'd like to see Ruairi McCann and the Smalls back in and a few cargin men that have opted out along with some of there newer blood.

bannside

Creggan people I talk too are very pleased with the Mc Nulty brothers, doing a fantastic job for free. The players you mention would be on my panel all day and there are a few others to boot. Good to see more positivity Cranfield. All in this together now.

Kevin Maddens day will still come, in management terms he is still young. Maybe the timing was wrong this time round as the EMG ticket was well advanced. Put it behind and get behind the new team.

Milltown Row2

So all the complaining of not having a SW manager last time out has disappeared?

I was all for that happening....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Youre such a beacon of impartiality MR...

bannside

Convention time upon us once more  not too many challenging for the main positions, everybody here must be happy enough...lol.

Interesting challenge going on for the two Ulster Delegate positions. Five go to post, amongst them Sean Kelly who took us all by surprise with his unbelievable dedication and energy he brought to the PRO job for the last 5 years. He is up against a few experienced campaigners but imagine that bundle of Saffron energy let loose amongst the hallowed halls of Ulster council. Be fantastic to see him get a seat!

bannside

I'd keep my counsel on that until we see how we do against them. Every team in Div 4 will raise their game for that one lol.

Milltown Row2

Must be loving the the buzz of taking teams...

After all those years you'd like the odd season to chill out, be more money at punditry surely? Sky, BBC
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2020, 08:55:54 PM

After all those years you'd like the odd season to chill out, be more money at punditry surely? Sky, BBC

Would doubt it. Those gigs are a fee per show, Harte was on a significant salary in Tyrone
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

redzone

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 23, 2020, 09:03:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2020, 08:55:54 PM

Would doubt it. Those gigs are a fee per show, Harte was on a significant salary in Tyrone
Nobody really knows what harte was on in Tyrone, but it mighten have been as much people think, it was his own county after all. But I'd say he wouldn't be cheap to go elsewhere. I'm sure it's not the Louth county board who ate paying it either

imtommygunn

To be honest, and I could be wrong on this, but I wouldn't be too sure Harte is a mercenary at all. Also reading this thread I would expect Damien Cassidy and those mcnulty boys to be driving ferraris based on what I read but I am not sure on the accuracy on the money managers are being paid at all!

JimStynes

Mickey Harte will be driving to Louth for free! Mileage money only. £100 per mile.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 23, 2020, 09:45:27 PM
To be honest, and I could be wrong on this, but I wouldn't be too sure Harte is a mercenary at all. Also reading this thread I would expect Damien Cassidy and those mcnulty boys to be driving ferraris based on what I read but I am not sure on the accuracy on the money managers are being paid at all!

I'm certain Harte is
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Mikhailov

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 23, 2020, 09:59:45 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 23, 2020, 09:45:27 PM

I'm certain Harte is

I'm certain you are wrong.