Olympic Soccer

Started by Denn Forever, December 17, 2011, 12:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Don't know where I heard it but the English FA have said that no English players that go to the Euros will play with Team GB.

Who on the English panel could play on Team GB?  Andy Carroll?  Isn't it confined to players under 23?  Maybe Micah Richards who can't get a game on the English team.

Who won it in 2008?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyHarp

Are Ireland sending a team?
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 17, 2011, 12:07:37 PM
Don't know where I heard it but the English FA have said that no English players that go to the Euros will play with Team GB.

Who on the English panel could play on Team GB?  Andy Carroll?  Isn't it confined to players under 23?  Maybe Micah Richards who can't get a game on the English team.

Who won it in 2008?
There are 3 places for over 23s, paving the way for Sir Becks. He shouldn't be anywhere near it but will probably get a place purely for PR reasons and as a reward for his part in the bid team.

imtommygunn

GalwayBayBoy

Sir David Healy up front for Team GB.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 17, 2011, 05:06:29 PM
Isn't team GB just England,Wales & Scotland.

screenexile

What about Walcott or Wilshere??

Don't agree with it. I don't like any sport at the Olympics where the Olympics isn't the pinnacle! Not just Soccer but Rugby 7s, Tennis, Basketball should all feck away off!!!

Orangemac

Surely having Staurt Pearce in charge should indicate the level it is at in terms of international football.

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on December 17, 2011, 07:13:52 PM
What about Walcott or Wilshere??

Don't agree with it. I don't like any sport at the Olympics where the Olympics isn't the pinnacle! Not just Soccer but Rugby 7s, Tennis, Basketball should all feck away off!!!

I agree with this! It's a pity they couldn't pick the GB Olympic football team from lads who play in amateur leagues or at least non league football. May have been a laborious process but they've know about it for long enough and it would be the pinnacle of their careers.
That was never a square ball!!

thejuice

Is this thread about Olympic Soccer or just another chance to obsess about England and the Brits?

Is that crazy USA hair pulling woman playing?

and more importantly  are the Swedish entering a womens team? and do they do beach volleyball?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: Orangemac on December 17, 2011, 10:19:31 PM
Surely having Staurt Pearce in charge should indicate the level it is at in terms of international football.

They should make it a penalty competition.
MWWSI 2017

MW

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 17, 2011, 05:10:02 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 17, 2011, 05:06:29 PM
Isn't team GB just England,Wales & Scotland.

No (despite the moniker) it includes Northern Ireland too.

Orior

This must be a real conundrum for OWC. Unless they take pity on them, nobody from the six counties will get on the team.

Or maybe not. Isnt it true that some of the UVF leadership wouldnt support the NI soccer team because they were "too Irish"?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

MW

Quote from: Orior on December 18, 2011, 10:15:49 PM
This must be a real conundrum for OWC. Unless they take pity on them, nobody from the six counties will get on the team.

You're really that au fait with British under-23 footballers? (and ones that aren't likely to play for England in the European Championshps at that). Your knowledge is superior to mine then.

Or maybe not. Isnt it true that some of the UVF leadership wouldnt support the NI soccer team because they were "too Irish"?

Well certainly Billy Hutchinson of PUP figure and UVF murderer "fame" supported England.

Denn Forever

Would Chris Brunt have a shout?  Over age I know but doing well at WBA.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...