Hats off to Ulster Council for bringing in a Season ticket for Mc Kenna cup

Started by orangeman, December 16, 2011, 11:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

We're all good at being critical of county boards and provincial councils but credit where it's due on this occasion. The Ulster council have clearly seen that in these straitened times, an initiative like this would be a most welcome development. So as well as doing their best to promote gaelic games, the Ulster council have given gaels a great way of seeing a lot of games at a reasonable cost.

Fair play.

Ulster GAA has launched the perfect Christmas Gift for GAA enthusiasts – The Power NI Dr McKenna Cup Season Ticket.

Keenly priced at £20/€25 the Season Ticket is sure to find its way under the tree in many GAA homes and in Christmas Stockings of Gaels across Ulster. The Season Ticket will admit the holder to round 1, round 2, and round 3 games involving your team, as well as access to all semi finals and the 2012 Power NI Dr McKenna Cup Final.

Speaking at the launch of the first-ever Power NI Dr McKenna Cup Season Ticket, Ulster GAA President Aogán Ó Fearghail said, "We are delighted to launch our first ever Season Ticket for the Power NI Dr McKenna Cup. And have no doubt that it will be a good seller across all nine counties in Ulster. Launching it now means it's just in time for that special gift for the GAA enthusiast this Christmas.

"We decided to launch a season ticket in response to the hard economic climate that our members are facing. The Season Ticket will provide a potential saving per person of over 60% for the Power NI Dr McKenna Cup competition. That's a significant saving and one we hope will be attractive to many Gaels."

bigpaul

The best Christmas present the Ulster Council could give, is being a little more accomodating to 'GAA Season Ticket' holders!

orangeman

Winnie Peg

The test will come in championship time to see how accomodating they will be. How many gaels go tgo the McKenna Cup anyhow. Just a ploy tgo get some extra money in which they wouldn';t have got anyway

orangeman

Quote from: Winnie Peg on December 17, 2011, 11:25:38 AM
The test will come in championship time to see how accomodating they will be. How many gaels go tgo the McKenna Cup anyhow. Just a ploy tgo get some extra money in which they wouldn';t have got anyway

Surely not ?.

If that were the case, then they wouldn't have introduced a season ticket to allow you to take in matches at a reasonable price - instead they'd have just kept the same admission price and ignored the current economic climate. This might even cost them money but no one can this time point the finger and say they're not taking into account present day circumstances or not trying to promote gaelic games.

Maguire01

I don't think this deserves much credit at all. It would appear that you'll pay the same whether your county plays 3 games or 5. I think they should just price the McKenna cup games at a reasonable level in the first place (i.e. a fiver).

I don't see the point in messing about with administration of a season ticket scheme for a short series of games like this. Hard to imagine them selling many more than 100 of these.

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 17, 2011, 12:45:30 PM
I don't think this deserves much credit at all. It would appear that you'll pay the same whether your county plays 3 games or 5. I think they should just price the McKenna cup games at a reasonable level in the first place (i.e. a fiver).

I don't see the point in messing about with administration of a season ticket scheme for a short series of games like this. Hard to imagine them selling many more than 100 of these.

Can't be accused of not trying but time will tell I suppose.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 17, 2011, 12:45:30 PM

Yeah should be no more than a fiver for McKenna cup games.