The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 17, 2011, 08:30:56 PM
Also from Twitter

Brian Reece (@oldfattoad)
12/16/11 6:48 PM
Stand by what I said 1000% Suarez will be found not guilty, contacts are reliable only thing FA will debate weekend is what to do with Evra

Who is Brian Reece?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

And why would there be an issue about what to do with Evra? Suarez has admitted using the "negrito" term. Not surprising that Evra would object to those words, and perfectly legitimate for him to complain, even if Suarez's meaning was benign, as he claims. At worst, it was a misunderstanding on Evra's behalf due to the cultural difference. Unless they can punish him for running straight to the press?

norabeag

Quote from: Minder on December 17, 2011, 08:36:31 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on December 17, 2011, 08:30:56 PM
Also from Twitter

Brian Reece (@oldfattoad)
12/16/11 6:48 PM
Stand by what I said 1000% Suarez will be found not guilty, contacts are reliable only thing FA will debate weekend is what to do with Evra

Who is Brian Reece?
He is head of the Reece Relations board

supersub

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 16, 2011, 10:26:00 PM
Quote from: supersub on December 16, 2011, 12:25:19 PM
Suarez will get punished and Terry won't I can see it now. Complete farce!

Gerrard training on his own in UAE this week due to fly home today! Is a good sign, hopefully be back in the squad soon!

The old Scouse whine mentality. Sure Suraez has admitted called Evra something, Terry hasn't. The only evidence to date is that!

Evidence from TV clearly shows what John Terry said to Ferdinand. Whereas Evra has said look at the cameras to see what Suarez said about ten times - I am yet to see any camera evidence from this incident!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: supersub on December 18, 2011, 12:15:34 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 16, 2011, 10:26:00 PM
Quote from: supersub on December 16, 2011, 12:25:19 PM
Suarez will get punished and Terry won't I can see it now. Complete farce!

Gerrard training on his own in UAE this week due to fly home today! Is a good sign, hopefully be back in the squad soon!

The old Scouse whine mentality. Sure Suraez has admitted called Evra something, Terry hasn't. The only evidence to date is that!

Evidence from TV clearly shows what John Terry said to Ferdinand. Whereas Evra has said look at the cameras to see what Suarez said about ten times - I am yet to see any camera evidence from this incident!

Yes the TV does show what Terry said, and he has explained the context. Which is fair enough. If people believe him or not, well that's another matter.

Re Suarez, he's admitted calling Evra 'negrotto' or whatever that term was. Again it's up to people to decide whether that was racist or not.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Captain Obvious

2-0 game already done after 15 minutes that Villa strikeforce has to one of the worst ever in the premier league?

Minder

Johnson has been outstanding today.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Minder on December 18, 2011, 02:54:59 PM
Johnson has been outstanding today.

Agreed, he has been in great form of late and his timing of tackles and positioning has been excellent.

The Worker

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 18, 2011, 01:02:18 PMYes the TV does show what Terry said, and he has explained the context. Which is fair enough. If people believe him or not, well that's another matter.

In what context is calling someone a f**king black c**t "fair enough"?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Worker on December 18, 2011, 03:11:11 PM
woodwork curse strikes again

18 times now. Incredible. Suarez must be responsible for about 10 of those.

Gabriel_Hurl

The lad Shelvey is having a good game

supersub

Two brilliant pieces of skill from suarez before hitting the woodwork both times. Unlucky is all that can be said, poor finishing doesn't come into it!

GalwayBayBoy

Can't complain when you win handily away from home. Could easily have been 4-0 or 5-0. Villla were brutal is has to be said. Shelvey was very good but seemed to tire a bit in the last 20.

Woodwork problem is getting out of control. Wonder what the record is?

Minder

@OptaSports 16 - Liverpool have now hit the woodwork 16 times in 2011/12, more than 15 of the 20 PL sides did last season. Thud