"Queen humbled by Jubilee Events"???!!! For real I don't think she was humbled..

Started by Capt Pat, June 06, 2012, 12:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

.......by that amount of carry on at all. That was the headline on the BBC news website. I couldn't think of a more untrue headline.

Captain Obvious

She had a sour puss on her face during jubilee concert or maybe that's the way she looks when humbled.

nifan

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 06, 2012, 01:33:22 AM
She had a sour puss on her face during jubilee concert or maybe that's the way she looks when humbled.

I dont agree with the monarchy - or the whole jubilee carry on - but the womans husband had been taken into hospital and she was having to go and watch a load of oul guff, I dont blame her for not looking ecstatic.

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Orior

I emailed M'am yesterday and got this curt but courteous reply this morning:

One was indeed delighted to see such joy amongst one's subjects. But please note that one must always portray a sense of decorum. So feck off.

Yours
Lizzie W
Buckingham Palace
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

Quote from: Tubberman on June 06, 2012, 08:54:54 AM
Why would it bother you if she is or she isn't?

Because the bullshit the likes of the Beeb, supposedly the Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation, come out with would make you sicker than Prince Philip. I don't think she had a sour puss on her, she reacts to just about everything with the same stoicism. I doubt she has forgotten the invective that was heaped on her by the fickle mob when Princess Diana died.

deiseach

Quote from: Orior on June 06, 2012, 10:25:12 AM

I emailed M'am yesterday and got this curt but courteous reply this morning:

One was indeed delighted to see such joy amongst one's subjects. But please note that one must always portray a sense of decorum. So feck off.

Yours
Lizzie W
Buckingham Palace

Maybe if you have wrote it as M'am to rhyme with ham rather than M'am to rhyme with farm you'd have had a better response.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on June 06, 2012, 10:33:31 AM
What jubilee events? What's this about?

Apparently she got a big-as-your-fist diamond for having worked 60 years cutting tape.

Then, to the horror of onlookers, she set the diamond down and gave it a smack and said "That's a strong team Armagh have named for Sunday"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hardy

The queen of England is vying with Manchester United for the column-inches monopoly on this GAA discussion board.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on June 06, 2012, 12:03:05 PM
The queen of England is vying with Manchester United for the column-inches monopoly on this GAA discussion board.

You're right and it's shameful. Manchester United have never even been to Croke Park.

deiseach

Quote from: AQMP on June 06, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
Is she on Botox?

As my grandmother used say, she's never had to do a hard days work in her life. My grandmother also used say the Queen Mother was "robbing all round her" and had "the Queen's heart broke"

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on June 06, 2012, 02:02:35 PM
Quote from: AQMP on June 06, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
Is she on Botox?

As my grandmother used say, she's never had to do a hard days work in her life. My grandmother also used say the Queen Mother was "robbing all round her" and had "the Queen's heart broke"

A bit of a royalist was your grandmother then?

Ask her how Philip's getting on, heard he took a turn for the worst?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility