All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: thewobbler on January 24, 2023, 08:49:56 AM
Quote from: Franko on January 24, 2023, 08:47:21 AM
Glen chairman phones relevant GAA mandarin and says - "We're going to appeal, award us a replay and we'll decline it.  BUT, we need something for it."

GAA award replay

Glen decline

Both respective organisations look good in the public eye

Glen get a big cheque.

This is how it should play out if anyone had any sense.

Big cheque, huh?

Not really what the association is about, but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Fair enough, but they've been wronged and they've got leverage

If I was a Glen man, this is how I'd be sorting it

Recompense might not be in as blunt a form as a cheque, but I'd be looking for something

Captain Scarlet

Did I not hear it was Dara Mullin, who was lining the goals, that stated on?
Like that surely has a bearing.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 24, 2023, 08:44:25 AM
People need to understand how the GAA disciplinary system works. The media are consistently bad in this regard.

Also - read the rule and try to understand it. If this gets pushed the logical penalty is a small fine (read the rule before you come at me). There are options for penalties presented in the rule from severe (award/forfeiture) to moderate (replay) to light (fine). In the range of possible breaches of this rule ask yourself truthfully - what category does it fall into? About 10 seconds of playing time where the ball doesn't come near the play?

Glen will have known immediately it would be upto them to object, like every club they'll have someone who'd they'd call to check the rules or even one of their club officials would know. Putting that statement out on social media won't have done them any favours with those who might be required to sit on a CAC or the CHC.

Truth hurts

I would love to see the WhatsApp group with Enda Gormley and the 2 McCuskers with Brolly.
Brolly has been brilliant  :)

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 24, 2023, 09:14:03 AM
Mullin was full forward
He was on the line and the ball was kicked away from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMBmxXr5Oxo

seafoid

The principle in the Offaly/Clare match was that game had not been decided at the time the ref blew his whistle.
The game on Sunday had not been decided either, even if KC were more likely to win (but also also paranoid about a high lobbing ball)

naka

Glen chairman phones relevant GAA mandarin and says - "We're going to appeal, award us a replay and we'll decline it.  BUT, we need something for it."

GAA award replay

Glen decline

Glen get a big cheque.

Chuckling try and explain the big cheque to a player ????

Franko

Quote from: naka on January 24, 2023, 09:38:24 AM

GAA award replay

Glen decline

Glen get a big cheque.

Chuckle away

I know some of the players

They don't want a replay

Nobody really does

smort

Quote from: naka on January 24, 2023, 09:38:24 AM

GAA award replay

Glen decline

Glen get a big cheque.

I think it might play out something like this

I don't know if it's the right outcome but I just don't think all of Glen will be up for playing again

Cavan19

People need to understand how the GAA disciplinary system works. The media are consistently bad in this regard.

Also - read the rule and try to understand it. If this gets pushed the logical penalty is a small fine (read the rule before you come at me). There are options for penalties presented in the rule from severe (award/forfeiture) to moderate (replay) to light (fine). In the range of possible breaches of this rule ask yourself truthfully - what category does it fall into? About 10 seconds of playing time where the ball doesn't come near the play?

And if Glen appeal and a replay is ordered Kilmacud will lawyer up and fire this back at them. Do the rules state what sort of infractions is severe/moderate and light?

smort

Would look absolutely awful if KC were to appeal

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 24, 2023, 09:45:44 AM

And if Glen appeal and a replay is ordered Kilmacud will lawyer up and fire this back at them. Do the rules state what sort of infractions is severe/moderate and light?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

I think as mentioned above this all hinges on what Glen players largely - club committee to a lesser but still important extent - actually want here. If majority of players want to push it, there will be a replay no question. If they feel like their manager feels even 50% of them just leave it be BUT definitely would be within their rights to get a good donation to a team holiday fund or whatever for the pressure of last few days alone.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

WT4E

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 09:34:55 AM
Mullin was full forward

If he hadn't been in that position on the line would the Glen player have thought that's the spot I want to hit to win the game?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WT4E on January 24, 2023, 09:50:11 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2023, 09:34:55 AM
Mullin was full forward

If he hadn't been in that position on the line would the Glen player have thought that's the spot I want to hit to win the game?

Someone else coulda filled that spot. Getting outta hand, the members of the club should have had a vote today and left it at that, give them one question, appeal or not appeal?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 24, 2023, 09:45:44 AM

To be fair that would be impractical as it would be impossible to list all circumstances as they're almost infinite. It just says "depending on circumstances". I think most reasonable people taking the emotion out of it would have to conclude the Mullin situation is very much at the lower end of things. The Charlie Redmond one back in 95 was worse for example but I'd probably say on the lower end too.

If Mullin was on for a few seconds extra just after half time would we be having this conversation?