Top 3 Prospects for Senior out of 2019 U17 & U20 Grades in your County

Started by REDCOL, January 02, 2019, 05:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

I think the parents had the whole Beckham thing going on except they were dyslexic.

Rossfan

That's the kind of thing that happens when Roscommon people have to play for a fun club that thinks it's in Co. Mayo ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sligoman2

Any player selections folks or are we going to flog the Luba horse forever.?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: Rudi on January 02, 2019, 11:28:58 PM
I think the parents had the whole Beckham thing going on except they were dyslexic.

This post shouldn't get overlooked while Orchard Park digs a deep hole for himself.

You're commenting on the name of a young lad who's barely of age. Cop yourself on ffs.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Orchard park on January 02, 2019, 11:22:32 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 02, 2019, 11:21:14 PM
More attempted deflection.

Your post was absolutely pathetic. Realise that and move on.

Guess who called his son Kuba

To be honest you made a silly mistake. You should own it and move on.

SCFC

Anyway....

Laois under 20s. Ronan Coffey (Portarlington), Mark Barry (O'Dempseys), Gary Saunders (Portlaoise).

Don't know much about the 17's but have heard good things about Paul O'Flynn and Sean Greene.

Duine Eile

Galway U-20s:
Darragh Silke- Corofin
John Daly-Mountbellew Moylough
Evan Murphy-Salthill (playing for Galway Utd at the minute so probably rules him out for a while anyway)

tonto1888

ballinaman

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 03, 2019, 01:08:06 PM
Galway U-20s:
Darragh Silke- Corofin
Evan Murphy-Salthill (playing for Galway Utd at the minute so probably rules him out for a while anyway)
Murphy tore cruciate in October.

GaillimhIarthair

Galway U-20s:
Darragh Silke- Corofin
Would agree with Silke and Daly but I don't think Murphy is good enough to make it as senior IC level.  Pace is an issue with him and he's become very injury prone - probably as a result of trying to play numerous codes over the past few years. 

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ballinaman on January 03, 2019, 05:39:00 PM
Galway U-20s:
Darragh Silke- Corofin
Murphy tore cruciate in October.

Yeah he was on crutches out on the pitch there last October when Salthill won the minor. Once fit he's probably going to have to decide if he's going to play gaelic or soccer. Difficult and getting even harder to do both to a high level.

Duine Eile

Did he not have some kind of soccer scholarship offer from America too? Being honest I don't think he'll ever be a constant in a Galway football team, too much going on with soccer which seems to be his preference.
Locally last summer there was a lot of talk about Ryan Monaghan (Oughterard) Tony Gill (Corofin) Conor Raftery (Glenamaddy) and Matthew Cooley (Corofin) from last year's minors

Ciarrai_thuaidh

There's this guy called Clifford we have who's fairly decent..doubt he'll play u20 in 2019 though!
Michael Potts from Crokes is a very good player, as is Donal O'Sulivan from the tiny club of Kilgarvan but after Clifford - Diarmuid O'Connor from Na Gaeil is probably the best prospect. Has the mobility and versatilty to be a big player at the highest level with the right development and a bit of luck.
This team won the Minor in 2017 but obviously Clifford an enormous loss and everything revolved around him so interesting to see how they adapt without him.

Paul O'Shea from last years u17s is a super player and being targeted by AFL. Hope he doesn't go. Ruarí O'Beaglaíoch who is still u17 this year is an excellent prospect also.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...