NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

While they occasionally had bits of good play, Armagh can't be letting in handy goals like that.
Chilly day, fair play to the Cork supporter near me in shorts.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Solo_run

Division 2 next season

Armagh
Cavan
Roscommon
Kildare
Fermanagh
Laois
Westmeath or Louth
Clare

David McKeown

Quote from: illdecide on March 24, 2019, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 24, 2019, 03:36:41 PM
In stoppage time Cork 3-9 1-13 Armagh. Armagh very poor Deegan worse.

Was he under strict Croke Park instructions to try his best to keep Cork up, absolute atrocious performance from him. It's a good job Clare won cause if Tipp had of beat Clare and they seen the Ref's performance they'd have been fuming.
That aside Armagh's first half performance was terrible, I know it's difficult when you have nothing to play for but that first half attitude was not good enough, fans are paying good money and travelling to the game so the very least we expect is the effort. They clearly got a telling off at HT. The ease in which Cork scored 3 goals is a worry

I didn't think Deegan had too bad a game with the exception of the black card for Grimley.  What worries me far more is that once again this season Armagh played their way back into a game and then reverted to a tactic that has completely failed them all season and which once again failed them today.  Going 15 against 15 Armagh look like they could give anyone a game, dropping off and playing multiple sweepers etc and they look like a poor team.  For some reason Armagh seem to revert to the later far too often.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ardchieftain

Deegan was that bad. Cork should have had 2 black cards in 2nd half alone.
Anyway, the 1st half performance by Armagh was so bad they didn't deserve to win any game. Very disappointing.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Solo_run on March 24, 2019, 05:43:08 PM
Division 2 next season

Armagh
Cavan
Roscommon
Kildare
Fermanagh
Laois
Westmeath or Louth
Clare

For sure. And you'll win your 2nd all-ireland too!  ;)

David McKeown

Quote from: ardchieftain on March 24, 2019, 07:13:41 PM
Anyway, the 1st half performance by Armagh was so bad they didn't deserve to win any game. Very disappointing.

Which incidents?  I was to far from the penalty and everything else seemed like a yellow card offence to me.

tonto1888

Quote from: David McKeown on March 24, 2019, 08:05:56 PM

Which incidents?  I was to far from the penalty and everything else seemed like a yellow card offence to me.

The penalty was a definite penalty but it was a pull back not a pull down so not a black card. Dunnonif rhats one of the incidents referred to thi. Thought we should have had another penalty. Rafferty was fouled in the box. Definite foul. Happened during an advantage tho and he brought it back for the initial foul seemingly. Whyats the rule in that regard

mackers

Quote from: David McKeown on March 24, 2019, 05:47:44 PM
I didn't think Deegan had too bad a game with the exception of the black card for Grimley.  What worries me far more is that once again this season Armagh played their way back into a game and then reverted to a tactic that has completely failed them all season and which once again failed them today.  Going 15 against 15 Armagh look like they could give anyone a game, dropping off and playing multiple sweepers etc and they look like a poor team.  For some reason Armagh seem to revert to the later far too often.
I'd agree with everything you said David except for the bit in bold.  I felt it was a deserved black card. He tripped the Cork player with a rugby style tap tackle as he was running away from him.  Our supporters booed correct decisions by the ref on more than one occasion today.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Throw ball

Quote from: mackers on March 24, 2019, 08:32:25 PM
I'd agree with everything you said David except for the bit in bold.  I felt it was a deserved black card. He tripped the Cork player with a rugby style tap tackle as he was running away from him.  Our supporters booed correct decisions by the ref on more than one occasion today.

Disagree Mackers. From our view it looked like Grimley caught the fella as he tried to break his fall after slipping. Accidental rather than deliberate. Rafferty on the other hand was a black card. Didn't see any black card offences from Cork.

illdecide

Agreed 100%, he got Grimley's black card correct but about 2 mins previous the Cork lad literally pulled the shorts of the Armagh player (can't remember the player) and yes we got the free but no yellow or black card. It was so obvious it was laughable. I was right at the score board end and TBH Rafferty's foul was probably just outside but his momentum carried him on into the box. I just thought Cork were getting the we silly 50/50 decisions, what is the rule regarding the keeper getting the ball punched out of his arms and into the net?
Armagh just couldn't deal with Cork's men running of the shoulder and they got majority of their scores from that move, still haven't got over that first half performance...brutal.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ardchieftain

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 24, 2019, 08:10:09 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 24, 2019, 08:05:56 PM

The penalty was a definite penalty but it was a pull back not a pull down so not a black card. Dunnonif rhats one of the incidents referred to thi. Thought we should have had another penalty. Rafferty was fouled in the box. Definite foul. Happened during an advantage tho and he brought it back for the initial foul seemingly. Whyats the rule in that regard

I concede that the pull back wasn't a black card techinically. Nugent beats his man, is through on goal and gets his togs dragged back, is a yellow card sufficient punishment?

jmk

by the rules  not one of the designated black card offences but Deegan didn't even give yellow for pullimg Nugent back by his shorts when it was very cynical

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TheGreatest

The words i thought i would never say as a Dub, Delighted to see Meath back in Division 1. Fair play to them and hopefully a couple of battles over the next few years in Div 1 and Leinster.

David McKeown

Quote from: illdecide on March 24, 2019, 10:35:29 PM

Agreed 100%, he got Grimley's black card correct but about 2 mins previous the Cork lad literally pulled the shorts of the Armagh player (can't remember the player) and yes we got the free but no yellow or black card. It was so obvious it was laughable. I was right at the score board end and TBH Rafferty's foul was probably just outside but his momentum carried him on into the box. I just thought Cork were getting the we silly 50/50 decisions, what is the rule regarding the keeper getting the ball punched out of his arms and into the net?
Armagh just couldn't deal with Cork's men running of the shoulder and they got majority of their scores from that move, still haven't got over that first half performance...brutal.

From where I was it looked like Deegan had awarded a foul before there was any form of trip by Grimley but I've spoken to a few since who had a better view than me so I can accept I'm not in the best position to judge.

In respect of your query on challenging the goal keeper the rule is. When he is within the small rectangle, the goalkeeper may not be charged but he may be challenged for possession of the ball, and his kick or pass may be blocked. Incidental contact with the goalkeeper while playing the ball is permitted.