HT CLG Corcaigh 1.8 CLG Dhún na nGall 0.6

Main Street

According to RTE top of the page
FT: Kildare 1-11 Tipperary 2-17

elsewhere though
FT: Kildare 1-11 Tipperary 2-07

Farrandeelin

Bad result for Fermanagh there.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

David McKeown

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 16, 2019, 04:48:22 PM

Dominant Armagh performance and a well deserved win.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

tonto1888

Quote from: David McKeown on March 16, 2019, 04:56:43 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 16, 2019, 04:48:22 PM

Dominant Armagh performance and a well deserved win.

Agreed. Worthy winners. And other results leave us safe too. Good day

mackers

Good win for Armagh against an ultra-defensive Fermanagh. It's probably as well as this Armagh team has played against a negative team.  It was far from perfect with the final ball letting us down when the scoring opportunities arose but still a good improvement on what has gone before.  Ethan Rafferty made a telling contribution when he came on. Soupy played well also.  From a selfish club perspective very disappointed for Pearse Casey who played full forward and had one over-hit pass kicked into him in the 20 odd minutes he was on the field and was called ashore.
Fermanagh were shockingly poor.  I don't believe they even had a shot on goal for the first 20/25 minutes of the second half with 15 men in their own 45 for the majority of that time.  They only came out to play when Armagh scored the goal and looked dangerous when they did with some excellent defending from Armagh keeping them at bay.  The Fermanagh fans around me were very frustrated, understandingly so.  Those saying fair fucks to them mustn't have played against them much.  The football Gallagher has them playing is a scourge on the game and I'm glad we won to allow this rant without it sounding like sour grapes.
The game was refereed well by Sean Hurson BTW with black cards given to both teams when there were cynical tackles.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Owen Brannigan

Two from three go down from Cork, Clare and Tipp.

Javier Peña

Meath and Clare could prove to be a very important game at both ends of the table, if Clare win it'll ease some pressure on their game against Tipp next weekend. Cork are in serious bother

smelmoth

Quote from: FermGael on March 05, 2019, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 05, 2019, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 05, 2019, 04:05:07 PM
Fermanagh are winning games on their own terms and f**k everyone else to be honest. I would not fancy any of this current Div 2 crop to do much damage next year in Div 1 mind.

Gallagher's plan will run out of steam. It relies on huge player commitment and isn't much fun to play. The compensation for the players is results. But they are short term results. Promotion to Division 1 will trigger defeat after defeat. What is the upside then? Any player drop outs will force Rory to look towards a shallow pool of talent especially if you are looking for club players at the required fitness level

In the meantime it's brutal to watch. The game wouldn't be viable for long if a majority of teams decided to play this type of sh1te

You should go and watch Fermanagh play this year before you pass judgement.
The only games we played this year where we were hard to watch was the opening two games against Cork and Tipperary. The players looked nervous .  As the league has progressed our attacking intent has developed. Against both Kildare, Donegal and Clare we were by far the superior team. We hit alot of wide's in all three games and missed alot of goal chances .
Certainly without the ball we drop men back but when we have the ball we attack with pace.
It's a lazy narrative to call Fermanagh negative and gives the players or management no credit.
Fermanagh had lost a third of the starting championship team from last year through injury, retirements and lads dropping off. Seamie Quigley, Tomas and Ruairi Corrigan, Michael Jones and Barry Mulrone. We have a very small panel of players buts its a testament to our underage academy ( St Michaels Ennniskilen) that we are able to replace these lads and push on.
These were all massive players for Fermanagh and I think that's what makes the current league position so good.
Add to that the fact that the Fermanagh players also took serious abuse from the national media when they basically ousted  Pete McGrath as well.
Would be great to play in division 1.
As others have said it happened before.  I remember Fermangh beating Dublin in Brewster the last time we were there.
It wasn't that long ago that I was in London watching Fermanagh getting dumped out of the championship.
Feck the begrudgers.

I did. Pure poison. Div 1 won't be interesting but it will be informative. No wins. No glory. Just defeats and utter boredom. Football will die in Fermanagh and what for? A few boring Div 2 wins?

As custodians of the game Fermanagh have a f**k you, f**k tradition, f**k entertainment, the game is worth nothing and is there to be abused or at least exploited sort of attitude. A plague on their house

mackers

In fairness I wouldn't tar the whole county like that. In fact I'd feel sorry for their supporters watching that dross week in week out.  The blame lies squarely with Gallagher.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

FermGael

Have to say today was very frustrating.
We did a great job in the first half of containing Armagh against a very strong breeze .
Hurson has a decent game in the middle apart from the blantant pull back from Jamie Clarke in the first half which should have been a black. 
Fermanagh contained the Armagh forwards but we couldn't get a hold of the ball in midfield.
Though the Armagh midfield bossed the entire game. They were the platform for the Armagh success.   Charlie Vernon had a great game.  I actually cannot remember Fermanagh winning a clean ball at midfield the whole game. 
The second half was just awful stuff from a Fermanagh point of view.  We had a very strong breeze and we just didn't play anybody up front until the last 5 minutes .
We have played like this before but this year we have been attacking at pace and en masse.  We didn't do that today.  Everything was far too slow and sideways.  Armagh then started to up their game and hit some fine scores .  The goal was well taken and that was the game over.
At this point Fermanagh put Tom Clarke on the edge of the square and lumped the ball into him.
We created 4 goal chances and missed them all.  Pity we hadn't done it earlier as The Armagh full back line is not comfortable under the high ball.

A win for Meath tomorrow means they are promoted.  The worst they can do after that is a three way tie and their scoring difference is much much better than Fermanagh's and Donegal's.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermGael

Quote from: smelmoth on March 16, 2019, 08:14:38 PM
Quote from: FermGael on March 05, 2019, 07:44:23 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 05, 2019, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 05, 2019, 04:05:07 PM
Fermanagh are winning games on their own terms and f**k everyone else to be honest. I would not fancy any of this current Div 2 crop to do much damage next year in Div 1 mind.

Gallagher's plan will run out of steam. It relies on huge player commitment and isn't much fun to play. The compensation for the players is results. But they are short term results. Promotion to Division 1 will trigger defeat after defeat. What is the upside then? Any player drop outs will force Rory to look towards a shallow pool of talent especially if you are looking for club players at the required fitness level

In the meantime it's brutal to watch. The game wouldn't be viable for long if a majority of teams decided to play this type of sh1te

You should go and watch Fermanagh play this year before you pass judgement.
The only games we played this year where we were hard to watch was the opening two games against Cork and Tipperary. The players looked nervous .  As the league has progressed our attacking intent has developed. Against both Kildare, Donegal and Clare we were by far the superior team. We hit alot of wide's in all three games and missed alot of goal chances .
Certainly without the ball we drop men back but when we have the ball we attack with pace.
It's a lazy narrative to call Fermanagh negative and gives the players or management no credit.
Fermanagh had lost a third of the starting championship team from last year through injury, retirements and lads dropping off. Seamie Quigley, Tomas and Ruairi Corrigan, Michael Jones and Barry Mulrone. We have a very small panel of players buts its a testament to our underage academy ( St Michaels Ennniskilen) that we are able to replace these lads and push on.
These were all massive players for Fermanagh and I think that's what makes the current league position so good.
Add to that the fact that the Fermanagh players also took serious abuse from the national media when they basically ousted  Pete McGrath as well.
Would be great to play in division 1.
As others have said it happened before.  I remember Fermangh beating Dublin in Brewster the last time we were there.
It wasn't that long ago that I was in London watching Fermanagh getting dumped out of the championship.
Feck the begrudgers.

I did. Pure poison. Div 1 won't be interesting but it will be informative. No wins. No glory. Just defeats and utter boredom. Football will die in Fermanagh and what for? A few boring Div 2 wins?

As custodians of the game Fermanagh have a f**k you, f**k tradition, f**k entertainment, the game is worth nothing and is there to be abused or at least exploited sort of attitude. A plague on their house

Fermanagh and Armagh have gotten to know each other very well over the past few years in league and championship.
A few boring Div 2 wins ?  Is that not what Armagh have managed under McGeeney?
Don't worry about football dying in Fermanagh.  It's done that several times and we have managed a few resurrections. 
Custodians of the game ? Lol.  Tradition lol.
Armagh played the ball backwards today for most of second half. 
I have no issue with it as it is the obvious way to show up the Fermanagh mass defence. 
Fair play to the Armagh management for doing it.
But if they were to be true custodians of the game then they should have attacked.
Must keep you up at night

thejuice

I was going to ask because if Meath were to win against Clare but lost to femanagh and donegal win with all team on 10 points would it still be decided on scoring differences or head to head as Fermanagh and Donegal would then have beaten us?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

FermGael

Quote from: thejuice on March 16, 2019, 09:42:14 PM
I was going to ask because if Meath were to win against Clare but lost to femanagh and donegal win with all team on 10 points would it still be decided on scoring differences or head to head as Fermanagh and Donegal would then have beaten us?
Scoring difference
Only head to head when they are two teams tied

Owen Brannigan

When does Meath play Clare?