NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 03, 2019, 08:07:47 PM

Both Clare goals were legitimate from my station. First was a handpass attempt for a point that the defender deflected and it ended up in the net.  Unlucky but that's a goal. The second looked well over the line. Jamie was daft. All frustrating given we were the better team but the officials seemed to get all the big calls right- including the other 2 sending offs.

Clare 15 (Tubridy?) can play ball and orchestrated most of their scores - including the 1-01 in injury time.

McKays second yellow was certainly correct. I'm not convinced about his first tho

J70

Just saw the Donegal goal from last night... what was the Meath keeper at?

We were blessed.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: J70 on February 03, 2019, 11:07:37 PM

We were blessed.

Was a shocker alright.

tippabu

Quote from: FermGael on February 03, 2019, 04:15:15 PM
Good point on the road in Tipperary today for us.
This division is going to be very very tight.

Pretty awful game, both side were very poor. Looking like 2 of tipp, fermanagh, cork and Clare to go down, Clare probably to most impressive of the 4 so far.

Biased opinion of the game, neither team deserved to win or done enough to win. We missed two guilt edged goal chances that would have been hard to come back from. Fermanaghs shooting was nothing short of awful for the majority. Felt the ref got most calls right. Fermanagh player should have been sin binned I felt for a very cynical pull back when we were breaking. Our last free I thought was very soft. Penalty and our sin bin were the right calls in my opinion

haranguerer

We were blessed.

Looked like the donegal lad got a touch on it, no? Good play rather than goalie error for me if so

FermGael

Quote from: tippabu on February 04, 2019, 08:32:14 AM
Quote from: FermGael on February 03, 2019, 04:15:15 PM
Good point on the road in Tipperary today for us.
This division is going to be very very tight.

Pretty awful game, both side were very poor. Looking like 2 of tipp, fermanagh, cork and Clare to go down, Clare probably to most impressive of the 4 so far.

Biased opinion of the game, neither team deserved to win or done enough to win. We missed two guilt edged goal chances that would have been hard to come back from. Fermanaghs shooting was nothing short of awful for the majority. Felt the ref got most calls right. Fermanagh player should have been sin binned I felt for a very cynical pull back when we were breaking. Our last free I thought was very soft. Penalty and our sin bin were the right calls in my opinion

Your last free was incredibly soft.
Fermanagh have real issues up front.
Our shooting was awful and it's not like we hadn't the chances .
We set up defensively but we conceded 2 goals and Tipperary should have had another 2. 
Now one of those goals was from a keeper error.
But Rory needs to get to work offensively. 
We have a chance of staying up.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Firstly i'd like to comment on the D-head that thru the plastic bottle onto the pitch from the main stand should be singled out and banned for life...Village idiot. I had my 10 year old son with me and he was killing himself laughing at the comments that people from the stand shout onto the pitch at the Ref...unreal, I dunno what's between some peoples ears and what they're thinking coming out with the sh1te they come out with.

On the match itself, hope that young lad that got hurt makes a swift recovery. Didn't see it but heard it was a nasty one (got up to match a bit late). Thought Armagh were the slightly better team and considering they played a fair bit of the match with 14 men, the frustrating thing for me is i'm kinda of expecting Armagh to do something silly at the end as they can't see a game out. I'll guess McGeeney has preached to them about defending in numbers and keeping it tight...No goals at all costs...we can't keep saying they're inexperienced, yes there a few young ones but generally most of them are seasoned and have quite a few games under their belt.
Away to Meath (who were very unlucky against Donegal on Sat night) in next game will be a big ask but if you are going to show progression then that's the games you have to win (the difficult ones), what's the odds on Armagh winning on 70 mins but get beat by a point in injury time?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

J70

Quote from: haranguerer on February 04, 2019, 08:37:55 AM

We were blessed.

Looked like the donegal lad got a touch on it, no? Good play rather than goalie error for me if so

That ball was there for the keeper. He allowed himself to get distracted by McGonagle when he was clear favourite to grab it.

But, these things happen. Hopefully, for his sake, he'll learn from it.

smelmoth

McGeeney has given a few interviews where he cites video evidence that shows the red got 2 big decisions wrong and potentially a third. Just watched the TG4 highlights. There is nothing there from the elevated camera on the Larry Goodman stand. Clarke clearly swings out and the players bodies obscure who gets the final touch on the first Clare goal and where the ball goes for the second.

Where there other cameras at other angles?

tonto1888

Quote from: smelmoth on February 04, 2019, 08:58:01 PM
McGeeney has given a few interviews where he cites video evidence that shows the red got 2 big decisions wrong and potentially a third. Just watched the TG4 highlights. There is nothing there from the elevated camera on the Larry Goodman stand. Clarke clearly swings out and the players bodies obscure who gets the final touch on the first Clare goal and where the ball goes for the second.

Armagh's own cameras

Throw ball

Armagh TV had their own camera. Clarke would get away with his challenge in most games and worse took place during yesterday's game but by the rules it is a red and he will have to accept that.

For the first goal the ball did not seem to deviate which is what McGeeney was getting at. From the stand side I didn't think Morgan touched it. I have watched the second a number of times and cannot figure out how a goal was given. I don't even think a Clare player appealed for it. Nevertheless luck is not with you when you concede two dodgy gials in same game.

tonto1888

I initially thought Clarke was sent off wrongly. Not so sure now. As has been said there have been plenty of times the same thing happens and the player gets nothing. The Clare fella should be ashamed of his reaction tho. The two goals I couldn't say for sure. They look like they shouldn't have been given but hard to tell from those camera angles

smelmoth

Quote from: Throw ball on February 04, 2019, 10:19:23 PM

Armagh TV had their own camera. Clarke would get away with his challenge in most games and worse took place during yesterday's game but by the rules it is a red and he will have to accept that.

For the first goal the ball did not seem to deviate which is what McGeeney was getting at. From the stand side I didn't think Morgan touched it. I have watched the second a number of times and cannot figure out how a goal was given. I don't even think a Clare player appealed for it. Nevertheless luck is not with you when you concede two dodgy gials in same game.

Can't believe ArmaghTV had the number of cameras it would take to prove these points. The only definitive angle on the  first Clare goal would have to been behind the goal in basically the position of the umpire that gave the decision. I saw no camera there. And a camera there could have no view of the other 2 incidents in question.

If we had a pitch side camera there might be a chance that it has another useful angle on the Clarke incident. There could be no appeal based on theTG4 camera angle.

For the second Clare goal there would need to a camera looking along the line to be definitive. That's not going to happen. The TG4 camera tells us nothing. After it comes of the post Hughes and a defender on the line and the ball are obscured by Morgan. It's impossible to say whether the ball crossed the line. The umpire was ideally placed, looking right across the line and moved straight for the green flag.

Whether legitimate or not both Clare goals were pure flukes and we were certainly unlucky in that respect

tonto1888

Meath up next for us. What's the view in Meath about this one

regal

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 06, 2019, 04:32:29 PM
Meath up next for us. What's the view in Meath about this one

If Meath can stay within 5 points with 15 minutes to go, Armagh will do the rest for them