NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

There also was high expectations with Andy coming in and especially in his second year with some of the minors he won Leinster with in the team but for whatever reason the performances haven't materialized apart from two dogged defeats to Donegal and Tyrone. People really want to see something this year.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Predictions:

Meath beat Tipp
Kildare beat Armagh
Cork beat Fermanagh
Donegal beat Clare
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tippabu

Quote from: thejuice on January 22, 2019, 11:25:50 PM
Predictions:

Meath beat Tipp
Kildare beat Armagh
Cork beat Fermanagh
Donegal beat Clare

I'd go along with that. We beat Meath without breaking a sweat last year and we were probably the best team in the division (I'll get slated for saying that but we didn't deserve to go up all the same) if Meath haven't improved on last year we have a chance but we are down bodies and not in the best of places.

FermGael

Quote from: tippabu on January 23, 2019, 08:36:20 AM
Quote from: thejuice on January 22, 2019, 11:25:50 PM
Predictions:

Meath beat Tipp
Kildare beat Armagh
Cork beat Fermanagh
Donegal beat Clare

I'd go along with that. We beat Meath without breaking a sweat last year and we were probably the best team in the division (I'll get slated for saying that but we didn't deserve to go up all the same) if Meath haven't improved on last year we have a chance but we are down bodies and not in the best of places.

Surprised to hear that ?
Who have you lost ?
I would have thought you would have been in with a good shout of going up
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on January 18, 2019, 10:28:36 PM
There also was high expectations with Andy coming in and especially in his second year with some of the minors he won Leinster with in the team but for whatever reason the performances haven't materialized apart from two dogged defeats to Donegal and Tyrone. People really want to see something this year.
But did his predecessor not say that it would be 2 managers later that things might start clicking ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thejuice

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2019, 06:03:50 PM
But did his predecessor not say that it would be 2 managers later that things might start clicking ?

Yes he did. But he's not a prophet.

And it doesn't stop people getting their hopes up especially when we got a manager and players who've had some level of success.

Captain Obvious

If Jamie Clarke, Brendan Donaghy, Aidan Forker and Mark Shields are all out Armagh are less likely to cause upset victory this weekend.

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on January 23, 2019, 07:48:40 PM

And it doesn't stop people getting their hopes up especially when we got a manager and players who've had some level of success.
Fair enough
But the vortex can be quite sticky
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

naka

Meath draw Tipp
Armagh to beat kildare
Cork  to beat Fermanagh
Donegal  to beat Clare

thejuice

Quote from: seafoid on January 24, 2019, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 23, 2019, 07:48:40 PM

Fair enough
But the vortex can be quite sticky

Well they probably never mop the floor there.

tippabu

a few very important players missing for us

Gael85

Quote from: illdecide on January 12, 2019, 09:08:02 AM
Donegal 5/4
Kildare 7/2
Cork 13/2
Meath 15/2
Armagh 9/1
Tipperary 10/1
Clare 20/1
Fermanagh 20/1

Looking at the odds and teams it's def going to be an interesting league 2 this year. I would def agree Donegal are rightly favourites, reading here if Kildare are missing a few key men that could hit them hard. As for the next four teams (Cork, Meath, Armagh & Tipp) I don't believe there will be much between them and anything could happen. To be fair i don't know a whole pile about Clare but they'll not be easy beat either, Fermangah beat Armagh and Monaghan last year in the Championship and you just don't know what you'll get from them. They're very defensive and not easy on the eye but effective.

All in all it's just so hard to predict and any team is capable of anything if they get off to a good start, looking forward to it all the same.

Think will be struggle for Clare in league this year. Have stayed up against the odds the 2 last years with tiny resources. Eoin Cleary is missing for first couple games too so will need Keelan Sexton and Jamie Malone to step up in forwards. Dean Ryan is back from travels and will be an addition in the backs.

Orior

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2019, 11:31:37 AM
If Jamie Clarke, Brendan Donaghy, Aidan Forker and Mark Shields are all out Armagh are less likely to cause upset victory this weekend.

What do you know that the rest of us don't?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on January 26, 2019, 12:58:40 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 24, 2019, 11:31:37 AM

What do you know that the rest of us don't?

He read the Irish news