Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: face.that.ball on September 16, 2009, 12:39:40 PM
seen that 500 days of summer......chick flicks not really my thing and id be cynical at the best of times but came out pleasantly suprised.......and a good soundtrack is always an added bonus.

also, matthew mcconaughey isn't in it :D

It was terrible. Awful awful stuff.
I nearly walked out

ziggysego

seen that 500 days of summer......chick flicks not really my thing and id be cynical at the best of times but came out pleasantly suprised.......and a good soundtrack is always an added bonus.

I heard it was meant to be good and was thinking of heading to see it.
Testing Accessibility

face.that.ball

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 16, 2009, 02:15:55 PM

It was terrible. Awful awful stuff.
I nearly walked out

....ok its not goin to win any oscars or set the world alight but its still a solid 7 outta 10.  As i said compared to the usual tedious drivel that the women usually take you to see this is a nice spin on the rom com genre

AbbeySider

Quote from: face.that.ball on September 16, 2009, 03:43:37 PM
....ok its not goin to win any oscars or set the world alight but its still a solid 7 outta 10.  As i said compared to the usual tedious drivel that the women usually take you to see this is a nice spin on the rom com genre

It dragged, and dragged and dragged. Nothing happens in this film.
A detached, confused, emotionless bitch treats a nice guy badly. Big deal.

Watching some looser with no pride moping around the screen irked me.
Felt like giving him a good kick in the hole.

Even the other half thought it was woeful stuff, and believe me when I tell you, she is into her chick flicks.

The reviews are hot air. Its pointless, has no plot, no moral, and you couldnt care less what happens to the lead male in the film because he its a bit of a pussy. 

Capt Pat

To cut a long story short
The final destination 3D 6.5 out of 10
Adventure Land 7 out of 10
Gamer7.5 out of 10. It is not oscar material but you know what you are going to get.

omagh_gael

Although not a recent movie, my favourite of all time and one that I always recommend is eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. I don't know what it is that gets me so much but i think it's absoluetly great.

blewuporstuffed

anyone seen the hurt locker yet?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Canalman

2 recent DVDs rented

The Damned United.................. brilliant flick.

Angels and Demons..................... pure dung. AVOID.

longrunsthefox

Watched Damned United last night. was good but I wouldn't say it was brilliant. they took a few liberties with the truth. Revie comes across as not  a nice guy. Is worth watching... the relationship between Clough and Taylor was fascinating. Yer man acting as Clough was very good. Some memories for an old fox too. Dave Mackay, Bremner, Giles etc... Clough was some character. Didn't know whether love him or hate him ... incredible what he achieved with Derby and Forest.

ONeill

Had a look at Bad Santa a couple of nights ago. Some good laughs. Still laughing. Ha.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

leenie

watched tropic thunder last night... thought it was quite funny... Robert Downey jr made it as did the cameo from tom cruise.

and  for your consideration... again was quite good but then i'm a big fan of Christopher guest.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

ziggysego

Caught the tail end of For Your Consideration last night. Rippin' I've missed it again!!

Testing Accessibility

Cillo

At the weekend I watched:

Yes Man- Thought it was very good. Funny. Typical Jim Carey film.

50 Dead Men Walking- good to average. Worth a watch.

ziggysego

Read Yes Man the book, fantastic reading. Don't know if I want to see the film now, as I know it wouldn't live up to it.
Testing Accessibility

Billys Boots

Watched 'In the Loop' the other night - some funny bits alright, kind of 'Yes Minister' with no manners. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...