Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: ziggysego on June 11, 2009, 10:02:16 AM
Quote from: clarshack on June 11, 2009, 08:59:25 AM
watched terminator salvation last night and enjoyed it. the CG Arnie from the first film was a nice touch.

Excellent film, but I wish he would stop using the Batman voice.

I thought it was woeful, absolutely no continuity from the previous movies. Agree with the Batman voice too.

ziggysego

Quote from: thebigfella on June 11, 2009, 11:23:04 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 11, 2009, 10:02:16 AM
Quote from: clarshack on June 11, 2009, 08:59:25 AM
watched terminator salvation last night and enjoyed it. the CG Arnie from the first film was a nice touch.

I thought it was woeful, absolutely no continuity from the previous movies. Agree with the Batman voice too.

What? Of course there was. It's a pre-sequel / sequel in one.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Watched Role Models tonight in the house. Not a bad wee film. Not the film I was expecting, but there was a few good wee laughs in it :)
Testing Accessibility

fred the red

Anyone seen the hangover yet?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on June 12, 2009, 12:08:04 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 12, 2009, 12:00:03 AM
Watched Role Models tonight in the house. Not a bad wee film. Not the film I was expecting, but there was a few good wee laughs in it :)
The wee lad is worth about two laughs. Once you past the fact that a wee lad is cursing for the sake of cursing, there is very little humour in this film.
Crap, really.

You said you didn't like Zach and Miri, so your taste isn't up to much.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Watched Paths of Glory tonight.

Tis a late 50s film on the wrongful court marshalling of WW1 soldiers.

Excellent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blewuporstuffed

recentlyhave watched:

3:10 to yuma- decent enough western
two for the money- average show about sports betting on football,not one of pacino's best
eagle eye- incredibly far fetched but enjoyable enough action thriller
role models- kinda agree with hardstaion, aprt from the few laughs at the we lad, not much else funny in it.
my best friends girl- alot better than i expected with a few really funny bits
the wrestler- great film, mickey rourke is brilliant, dont expect an all action movie, kinda slow moving but really enjoyed it.
gran torino- expected better, was ok but not as good as the reviews i'd read for it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

pintsofguinness

Bride wars (not my choice) - all I can say is, christ almighty  ::)

Night train - atrocious

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Capt Pat

Red Cliff directed by John Woo an histrorical Chinese war movie. You know what it will be like and if you are into that type of thing you will like this movie. Very entertaining.

Windmill abu

Quotewatched terminator salvation last night and enjoyed it. the CG Arnie from the first film was a nice touch.

What? Of course there was. It's a pre-sequel / sequel in one

It's Christian Bale's voice. Batman only uses it in the batman movies.

This is the best terninator movie since the original as it basis its plot less on time paradoxes than the other 2 sequels and it  answers some of the questions about the terminators from the (earlier/later) movies
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Galwaybhoy

Saw Terminator.  I'm a huge Terminator fan but thought this film was terrible.  Nothing really good about it.  Where were the ruthless killing machines from the other films?  The terminators were more interested in throwing people around instead of killing them in seconds like they are programmed to do.  Very disappointed with this film.

Drumanee 1

anybody seen 21?,being shown tonight on sky prem

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

I went to see 'THE HANGOVER' last night. Jaysus i thought it was a great laugh!

My god, you have such a retarded personality, you are impossible to insult!..
..thank you, thank you very much..

:D :D :D :D

tyrone girl

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on June 13, 2009, 02:02:00 PM
anybody seen 21?,being shown tonight on sky prem

Good man urself i been wanting to see that , il have to get it taped we arent as updated as sky plus yet  :-\