Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2009, 12:48:39 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on April 16, 2009, 12:46:24 AM
Thought The Strangers was very poor. Horrible ending. Not as bad as the ending in 30 Days Of Night. Now that was a terrible ending. In the cinema a few people actually said out loud "What the fcuk was that all about?" and tutted very loudly. Myself included.

Watched Traitor today at "work". Very good film, Don Cheadle was very good in it.

:D

Should have had a sitdown protest 'til they came up with a better ending.

Smart arse  :D

Probably worst fiver I ever spent. Would have been better spending it in Renshaws! Never a good fiver wasted in there when it was in its prime.

Our Nail Loney

Thought The Strangers was very poor. Horrible ending. Not as bad as the ending in 30 Days Of Night. Now that was a terrible ending. In the cinema a few people actually said out loud "What the fcuk was that all about?" and tutted very loudly. Myself included.

Watched Traitor today at "work". Very good film, Don Cheadle was very good in it.

f**k you must work hard.

leenie

anyone seen twilight?       how is it?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: leenie on April 23, 2009, 09:09:18 PM
anyone seen twilight?       how is it?

::)  ::)  ;)

Went to see I Love You, Man on Sunday night there, I haven't laughed as much in ages, Paul Rudd was excellent as was the man from Sarah Marshall...

Oh and John Favreau was in it as well briefly and was hilarious!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 16, 2009, 10:11:51 AM

f**k you must work hard.

I work very hard Our Nail. Same as yourself.

Heard good things about I Love You Man.

Also Observe and Report is out tomorrow, Seth Rogen is in it. Looks good. Quite similar to Paul Blart Mall Cop. Seen it, crap.

Few big films being released over the next couple of months which will all be worth viewing. Wolverine, Angels and Demons, Terminator: Salvation, Transformers and Bruno.

Our Nail Loney

Saw the trailer for Bruno there on Sunday night, looks hilarious...

The GAA

Troule with movies like bruno is that the tralier usually contains every laugh in the film

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The GAA on April 24, 2009, 11:16:11 AM
Troule with movies like bruno is that the tralier usually contains every laugh in the film

Like Borat?? Baron Cohen is one of the funniest people around, if he can make a feature length hilarious film like Borat I have faith in his new one.

Oakleafer93

The Strangers had all the makings of a good scary film until they couldn't be arsed thinking of an ending.

leenie

watched twilight   :-\

thank god i read the book first
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Doogie Browser

Seen Taken at the weekend, great show - Liam Neeson was brilliant in it, not the role you would normally associate with him.

Also watched Deliverance last night for the first time ever, what a show!  Definitely a classic, worth watching if you have not seen it before, very disturbing though.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 27, 2009, 09:46:39 AM
Seen Taken at the weekend, great show - Liam Neeson was brilliant in it, not the role you would normally associate with him.

Also watched Deliverance last night for the first time ever, what a show!  Definitely a classic, worth watching if you have not seen it before, very disturbing though.

Brillian scene...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

longrunsthefox

HELP!  Has anyone seen movie out at the minute 'State of Play'.  It is getting rave reviews. It is ludicrous with this boy, Russell Crowe as a journalist breaking every rule and really is doing detective in  a murder or two. Is so hard to follow at times and when you think you've got it goes off on another tangent. Anyway, if anyone saw it can you PM me and tell me what the f**  happened in a few sentences. I thought I was there and then the end stumped me. 

Main Street

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 27, 2009, 09:46:39 AM
I remember seeing it when it hit the cinemas first. Many people actually burst out sniggering when the fat city boy got raped by the inbreds.

Shortso79

Watched Taken also - great show

Lakeview Terrace  - Brutal

Watched Severance the other night - thought it was a good laugh