Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: longball on February 17, 2009, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2009, 08:51:17 PM
Quote from: longball on February 16, 2009, 05:21:01 PM
seen BOLT.

it was alrite! (possible quote for the DVD cover)

I seen Bolt this evening there with the wee lad, and I thought it was brilliant! Very slick, funny and cute. The opening action scenes were superb I thought.

opening scenes were very good led you to believe that this was a super dog movie thou didnt it. then them clever writers pulled the rug out from under your feet. it was good.

hi norf before the showing of the film did it show a short Cars film ? thought it was brilliant

It did. Tokyo Mater.
My wee lad is Cars on the brain. I mean... he absoloutely loves it. I had read that there was a short Mater cartoon pre the film which is half the reason I went. He loved it, and so did his da. It was so slick, bright, clever and funny it would be hard to dislike it.
They have actually made four of those short cartoons, Tokyo Mater, Daredevil Mater, Matador Mater, and Firetruck Mater. The other three are on the disney channel from last week, and I'd say Tokyo is the pick of them. In addition Cars 2 is in the cinema next year.

I can't believe I am talking glowingly about Mater on an adult website!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 18, 2009, 10:02:20 AM
seen BOLT.

I seen Bolt this evening there with the wee lad, and I thought it was brilliant! Very slick, funny and cute. The opening action scenes were superb I thought.

opening scenes were very good led you to believe that this was a super dog movie thou didnt it. then them clever writers pulled the rug out from under your feet. it was good.

hi norf before the showing of the film did it show a short Cars film ? thought it was brilliant

It did. Tokyo Mater.
My wee lad is Cars on the brain. I mean... he absoloutely loves it. I had read that there was a short Mater cartoon pre the film which is half the reason I went. He loved it, and so did his da. It was so slick, bright, clever and funny it would be hard to dislike it.
They have actually made four of those short cartoons, Tokyo Mater, Daredevil Mater, Matador Mater, and Firetruck Mater. The other three are on the disney channel from last week, and I'd say Tokyo is the pick of them. In addition Cars 2 is in the cinema next year.

Oh sailor.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

That's a different film altogether.....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longball

Has anyone else here ever seen Dixie CHicks Shut up and Sing?

Its very very good. unreal what the country done to them.

Freedom of speech is fine as long as you don't do it in public.

In 2003, the female country band, The Dixie Chicks, are at the top of their game being one of the most successful bands of all time. However with the US invasion of Iraq about to begin over frustrated worldwide objections about this needless war, one of the Chick vents off the cuff in concert about being ashamed of US President George W. Bush. This statement sparks a firestorm of organized and personal right wing attacks against the Chicks for daring to think they have the right to express a negative personal opinion about the President. This film covers the band's effort to ride out the turmoil that would leave their careers under a cloud, but would eventually give them a opportunity to grow as great artists who bow to no one

trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CTBrGL5rA

A number of very good songs came off the back of this:

Not ready to make nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc5YSAc-7g

The long way around: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p6Jxzo4jfg

Travelling Soldier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHb_tjNunL4

Let me know what y'all (in my best texas accent) think

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 18, 2009, 10:02:20 AM
seen BOLT.

It did. Tokyo Mater.

Mater reminds me of Ricey. But that's for another thread!

The Iceman

seen "The Happening" last night.  Wasn't great but passed the time.  Worth a look for any fans - definitely a little different than the previous efforts....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

corn02

Quote from: The Iceman on February 18, 2009, 02:18:38 PM
seen "The Happening" last night.  Wasn't great but passed the time.  Worth a look for any fans - definitely a little different than the previous efforts....

Is that the Mrk Walhberg one. I.E the film that was so shit it was actaully enjoyable to watch?

Canalman

If it is indeed the Wahlberg flick, imo it is one terrible film.

The Corporal

Quote from: Canalman on February 18, 2009, 02:41:13 PM
If it is indeed the Wahlberg flick, imo it is one terrible film.

Agreed Canalman, it's a load of pish!

longball

NAME THE FOLLOWING FILM

'some pitchers feel heat is the way to go, others think ice. ive come up with the solution......... I HEAT UP THE ICE CUBES. its the best of both worlds.'

Cream bun on offer for this one!

ziggysego

I saw a good film late one night on Channel 4. The Diary of a Young Poisoner. It's a dark comedy based on a real person. Not a bad wee film.
Testing Accessibility

longball

Quote from: ziggysego on February 19, 2009, 04:21:38 PM
I saw a good film late one night on Channel 4. The Diary of a Young Poisoner. It's a dark comedy based on a real person. Not a bad wee film.

seen this as well Zig couple of years back thou. can mind it being a good flick thou.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: longball on February 19, 2009, 04:13:43 PM
NAME THE FOLLOWING FILM

'some pitchers feel heat is the way to go, others think ice. ive come up with the solution......... I HEAT UP THE ICE CUBES. its the best of both worlds.'

That baseball flick with Charlie Sheen in it??

Our Nail Loney

Benicio Del Toro is an absolute legend... Watched a couple of his films this last week

21 Grams - Not about drugs which I originally thought, but a great moving story, the whole film is layered so it keeps you thinking and guessing the whole time, Sean Penn and Naomi Watts are in this as well, a great cast and a great show

Traffic - This one IS about drugs, thought it was ok just... Liked bits of it but wuoldn't watch again

longball

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on February 19, 2009, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: longball on February 19, 2009, 04:13:43 PM
NAME THE FOLLOWING FILM

That baseball flick with Charlie Sheen in it??

WRONG. the film u r thinking of is Major League also a great baseball comedy. you see Charlie Sheen's latest work on paramount... an American Show called two and a half men. Charlie Stars and Directs this hit comedy. But ur stil wrong ONL