China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on January 14, 2023, 01:45:10 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 14, 2023, 12:34:02 PM
What happened to the brexit bus with we give the NHS £350 million a week. Some bollacks hit away with outright lies.
The Brexit Bus is parked in front of the 40 hospitals.

Why don't they unload the patients in there then and let the ambulances go out on another call?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

You have to go bck to the mid /late 90's. A number of a&e were closed and people shifted to hospitals a further 20miles away, what was done to take in this extra flow of people. Bigger existing a&e, er no! 1 a&e took on what 3/4 done previous. Did they build a extension? More beds? Bigger A&E..More a&e doctors. Did they f**k?! What sort of forward planning was done to close the local hospitals in areas and f**k them all into 1, when the new hospital (Antrim)  wasn't build big enough for its local area current capacity. What brainbox though this up?

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 14, 2023, 03:14:20 PM
You have to go bck to the mid /late 90's. A number of a&e were closed and people shifted to hospitals a further 20miles away, what was done to take in this extra flow of people. Bigger existing a&e, er no! 1 a&e took on what 3/4 done previous. Did they build a extension? More beds? Bigger A&E..More a&e doctors. Did they f**k?! What sort of forward planning was done to close the local hospitals in areas and f**k them all into 1, when the new hospital (Antrim)  wasn't build big enough for its local area current capacity. What brainbox though this up?

You don't need an A&E in every hole in the hedge either though. Successive health consultations all stated that centralisation was the way forward. It hasn't been properly implemented

Wildweasel74

How do you do this if the current facilities simply are not big enough. That's plain to see. I was in A&e 2nd week of December, I can see the mess and capacity is one of them.

Milltown Row2

I was in Antrim A&E over Xmas pure madness so whatever they have tried to do it hasn't worked
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 14, 2023, 03:39:44 PM
How do you do this if the current facilities simply are not big enough. That's plain to see. I was in A&e 2nd week of December, I can see the mess and capacity is one of them.
Increased numbers is certainly an issur but flow appears to be a bigger problem. They have said that they can't get people through the system fast enough due to lack of available ward beds and a big issue there is that they can't get healthy people released from the wards due to lack of availability in community health settings. That's why the Tories are block booking beds in nursing homes to release that block. The nursing homes are no doubt owned by their mates but that's another discussion.

Seamus

It's amusing to see the inmates fighting over a Death Care System that is running according to plan.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

armaghniac

The head of the private nursing homes association in the 26 counties was on the radio and said thry had 1000 beds. He said that the HSE office that books beds basically winds down over Christmas and is only getting going again now. So getting the consultants to come in and discharge patients is no use unless the bookkeeper issues the contract for the bed to the nursing home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 14, 2023, 12:41:43 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 14, 2023, 12:21:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2023, 11:35:09 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 14, 2023, 10:44:10 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2023, 10:17:48 AM
So who is going to pay for it? Stop giving me reasons why. That's  not an answer, and I also get hammered tax
I'm already f**king paying for it. So are you then! Jesus christ

The point here is are you willing to pay more taxes to give the extra to the health service and nurses wages and so on?

Why are you not understanding that there is enough money being lifted in taxes to run an acceptable NHS. It's the Tory government that are nose deep in the trough that is the problem. Siphoning money out to their cronies rather than allocating it to the essential services.

There is more money available to be spent by the executive in the North per capita  on healthcare than England, Scotland or Wales, yet we have the longest waiting lists and lowest life expectancy.

You can't blame the tories on that. Look closer to home.

The f**k up of an assembly is no doubt part of the problem. But that doesn't excuse the shambolic and underhand Tory dealings of the NHS.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2023, 01:25:06 PM
So who is going to pay for it? Stop giving me reasons why. That's  not an answer, and I also get hammered tax

The point here is are you willing to pay more taxes to give the extra to the health service and nurses wages and so on?

Why are you not understanding that there is enough money being lifted in taxes to run an acceptable NHS. It's the Tory government that are nose deep in the trough that is the problem. Siphoning money out to their cronies rather than allocating it to the essential services.

There's no money now! Where are we getting a 17% rise? That's just a pay rise, I've been to A&E over Xmas it's a nut house with no beds staff ambulance service was unreal, was a minimum 12 hour wait, it's going to take billions per month to fix..

Can you give me a a run down on where that comes from?

Whatever siphoning off to cronies this government will probably be voted back in again as keeping out the migrants to the uk voters is more important than the health service
I don't think the tories will be voted back in this time.
Labour spending during their last years in power increased nhs spending by around 5.6% per year. Conservatives by 1.5%. Since then. The average increase since 1955 was about 4.5. That's a clear policy to reduce NHS spending.
Technology is the way the NHS becomes more efficient. Sadly that takes a long term approach from the very top, supported by viable external consultants (I.e not the chancellor's mate) to make strategic decisions that will help the whole NHS organisation. 

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 16, 2023, 11:09:16 AM

There is more money available to be spent by the executive in the North per capita  on healthcare than England, Scotland or Wales, yet we have the longest waiting lists and lowest life expectancy.

The f**k up of an assembly is no doubt part of the problem. But that doesn't excuse the shambolic and underhand Tory dealings of the NHS.

NI problems are nothing to do with Tories even though SF and others love to blame them. The reality is that Health is a devolved matter. It gets more funding in NI than anywhere else in the UK with worse outcomes. SF lock out of Stormont followed by Covid and then followed by DUP lock out has seen the service been run on a hand to mouth basis. No strategic planning, no forward thinking.
Having said all that the Health boards are run by very incapable people. People who either don't want change or cannot deliver it. We also have some of the most incapable politicians anywhere. People who are completely unemployable in everyday life put in charge of huge departments. Jim Wells for example, but there are others. People voted in because of their constitutional ideology rather than ability.
We have got the Health Service that we deserve because we have gone out and voted for it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 12:04:08 PM

NI problems are nothing to do with Tories even though SF and others love to blame them. The reality is that Health is a devolved matter. It gets more funding in NI than anywhere else in the UK with worse outcomes. SF lock out of Stormont followed by Covid and then followed by DUP lock out has seen the service been run on a hand to mouth basis. No strategic planning, no forward thinking.
Having said all that the Health boards are run by very incapable people. People who either don't want change or cannot deliver it. We also have some of the most incapable politicians anywhere. People who are completely unemployable in everyday life put in charge of huge departments. Jim Wells for example, but there are others. People voted in because of their constitutional ideology rather than ability.
We have got the Health Service that we deserve because we have gone out and voted for it.
That's not true. The NHS is a national organisation. And it's on its knees across the UK and NI. Most sensible people would struggle to blame SF for that, tho I'm sure you'll give it a go.
A root and branch review of the NHS has to be done at a national level. It's inefficient and not fit for purpose. It can not be fixed internally. It needs an independent review (And this will cost a lot of money) by independent consultants followed by an implementation plan. The review should look at processes, infrastructure, technology, personnel, management etc.
Actually harnessing digital transformation and utilising the available technology would be a start. That's the way forward.

Milltown Row2

Going back to the point I made, if you want it (regardless of what the Tories did or the money is there, I doubt it) it will require us, the tax payers, to fund it, even if it was a temporary medical tax for 4 years, to generate new structure and oversee, bring in the best technology, train a new wave of nurses and doctors that must practice here for 10 years  minimum before heading off and losing them forever, having more availability to have medical courses here than across the water.

If we don't, and this was no doubt the Tory plan with Thatcher, it will be privatised, I'm seeing more and more people because they can't be bother with the NHS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 16, 2023, 01:09:42 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 16, 2023, 12:04:08 PM

That's not true. The NHS is a national organisation. And it's on its knees across the UK and NI. Most sensible people would struggle to blame SF for that, tho I'm sure you'll give it a go.
A root and branch review of the NHS has to be done at a national level. It's inefficient and not fit for purpose. It can not be fixed internally. It needs an independent review (And this will cost a lot of money) by independent consultants followed by an implementation plan. The review should look at processes, infrastructure, technology, personnel, management etc.
Actually harnessing digital transformation and utilising the available technology would be a start. That's the way forward.

I'm sorry but we cannot exonerate our local politicians. We have had a review called Bengoa and Michelle O'Neill the then Health Minister promised to deliver it. The last time D'Hondt was run to decide ministries the Health was one of the last chosen and both DUP and SF wouldn't touch it. The two departments that are the most difficult to run are Infrastructure and Health. Robin Swann UUP and Nicola Mallon SDLP ended up taking them.
I do agree that the NHS is struggling but in Scotland were the SNP have at least tried to run it, it is doing better. Here no one wants the responsibility. I don't how you think we can fix it, here locally at least, without a functioning executive and a clear out of the Health Boards.

https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/news/oneill-launches-10-year-vision-health-social-care Oct 2016 - 6/7 years ago. Things have gotten worse.

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 16, 2023, 01:19:05 PM
Going back to the point I made, if you want it (regardless of what the Tories did or the money is there, I doubt it) it will require us, the tax payers, to fund it, even if it was a temporary medical tax for 4 years, to generate new structure and oversee, bring in the best technology, train a new wave of nurses and doctors that must practice here for 10 years  minimum before heading off and losing them forever, having more availability to have medical courses here than across the water.

If we don't, and this was no doubt the Tory plan with Thatcher, it will be privatised, I'm seeing more and more people because they can't be bother with the NHS

50% of the NI block grant goes on Health. It has plenty of money, it's just run by imbeciles both Politicians and Civil Servants.