China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 12, 2022, 04:39:43 PM
We were all  scammed , to different extents .  From wearing masks , social distancing, not allowing people into our houses, taking multiple jabs  etc etc

They kept people constantly in fear so they  could sell them their covid narrative and of course, their vaccines   Destroying lives, businesses and mental healths. in the process

Going forward,  many many people will not believe a word they're told .  They've lost people's trust, it's gone. Big pharma , government, politicians, WHO,  media, - they've shot themselves in the foot.  It's over

It's no  wonder  around the world politics is changing with the electing    so called extreme parties/politicians .  More and more people are realising  those in power can't be trusted.  Take the current Tories , I've never witnessed a bigger pile  of gangsters.  Those f**kers should be all locked up , and  never again should they get within an  asses roar of Downing Street . Their antics has pushed Scotland closer to independence and a UI as  well .  Those EU gangsters are no better

Neither agreeing or disagreeing with you Austin, arguing or falling out with folk is a complete waste of energy for all concerned... But how is it over for Big Pharma? I had my annual flu jab today washed down with some paracetamol. My father is on daily meds to keep him vertical. I've manys a family member / friends on meds, ranging from cancer to diabetes... Who will provide this if not big pharmaceutical companies?

Gmac

Everywhere even here they keep doubting down , never admit they were hoodwinked.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 12, 2022, 05:08:57 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on October 11, 2022, 11:20:08 PM
You won't see this on government funded RTE.

https://twitter.com/Rob_Roos/status/1579759795225198593

This is truly shocking alright - no, wait ...........

Dec 2020- https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-immunity-e-idINKBN28I0OK

QuoteClinical trials so far have not been designed to determine if an immunized person can still spread the coronavirus to someone else. Some vaccines, such as hepatitis A, do provide such protection - known as sterilizing immunity - but others do not. COVID-19 vaccine makers focused trials on determining whether the drug stopped people from becoming ill.

Dec 2020 - https://www.jpost.com/health-science/pfizer-chairman-unsure-if-covid-vaccine-prevents-transmission-to-others-651184

QuotePfizer chairman Albert Bourla said on Thursday that the pharmaceutical company is unsure whether the coronavirus vaccine could prevent a person from transmitting the virus, The Hill reported.

The comment was made to Dateline host Lester Holt during a prime-time special titled "Race for a Vaccine" wherein Holt questioned individuals involved in development and distribution of the coronavirus vaccine.

Holt asked Bourla if being vaccinated for the virus meant he could still transmit it to others.

"I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now with what we know," Bourla responded.

Dec 2020 - https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-takes-key-action-fight-against-covid-19-issuing-emergency-use-authorization-first-covid-19

QuoteAt this time, data are not available to make a determination about how long the vaccine will provide protection, nor is there evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from person to person.

These guys must be part of the Grand Conspiracy:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2116597

Despite their findings (Feb 2022) that transmission reduction declined with the delta variant compared to the alpha.

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on October 12, 2022, 05:31:08 PM
We were all  scammed , to different extents .  From wearing masks , social distancing, not allowing people into our houses, taking multiple jabs  etc etc

They kept people constantly in fear so they  could sell them their covid narrative and of course, their vaccines   Destroying lives, businesses and mental healths. in the process

Going forward,  many many people will not believe a word they're told .  They've lost people's trust, it's gone. Big pharma , government, politicians, WHO,  media, - they've shot themselves in the foot.  It's over

It's no  wonder  around the world politics is changing with the electing    so called extreme parties/politicians .  More and more people are realising  those in power can't be trusted.  Take the current Tories , I've never witnessed a bigger pile  of gangsters.  Those f**kers should be all locked up , and  never again should they get within an  asses roar of Downing Street . Their antics has pushed Scotland closer to independence and a UI as  well .  Those EU gangsters are no better

Neither agreeing or disagreeing with you Austin, arguing or falling out with folk is a complete waste of energy for all concerned... But how is it over for Big Pharma? I had my annual flu jab today washed down with some paracetamol. My father is on daily meds to keep him vertical. I've manys a family member / friends on meds, ranging from cancer to diabetes... Who will provide this if not big pharmaceutical companies?

Exactly.

They wreaked havoc in the US with oxycotin, but they also allow people to live longer than ever before despite a range of chronic ailments that would have killed them in earlier generations.

They're all bastards, but what giant corporations and industries aren't? You want the unfettered capitalism and globalization which brings us all the cheap equipment and technology and medicine we now rely on in our modern lives, Big Pharma is part of the package, along with Big Oil/Gas and Big Healthcare and Big Auto and Big Agri and Big Telecommunications etc. There aren't too many Yvon Chounairds around.

grounded

Quote from: J70 on October 12, 2022, 05:43:22 PM

Dec 2020- https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-immunity-e-idINKBN28I0OK

QuoteClinical trials so far have not been designed to determine if an immunized person can still spread the coronavirus to someone else. Some vaccines, such as hepatitis A, do provide such protection - known as sterilizing immunity - but others do not. COVID-19 vaccine makers focused trials on determining whether the drug stopped people from becoming ill.

Dec 2020 - https://www.jpost.com/health-science/pfizer-chairman-unsure-if-covid-vaccine-prevents-transmission-to-others-651184

QuotePfizer chairman Albert Bourla said on Thursday that the pharmaceutical company is unsure whether the coronavirus vaccine could prevent a person from transmitting the virus, The Hill reported.

The comment was made to Dateline host Lester Holt during a prime-time special titled "Race for a Vaccine" wherein Holt questioned individuals involved in development and distribution of the coronavirus vaccine.

Holt asked Bourla if being vaccinated for the virus meant he could still transmit it to others.

"I think this is something that needs to be examined. We are not certain about that right now with what we know," Bourla responded.

Dec 2020 - https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-takes-key-action-fight-against-covid-19-issuing-emergency-use-authorization-first-covid-19

QuoteAt this time, data are not available to make a determination about how long the vaccine will provide protection, nor is there evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from person to person.

Despite their findings (Feb 2022) that transmission reduction declined with the delta variant compared to the alpha.

There is no grand conspiracy. Big Pharma just ' sexed up the dossier ' to sell more product.

J70

Quote from: grounded on October 12, 2022, 06:35:26 PM

There is no grand conspiracy. Big Pharma just ' sexed up the dossier ' to sell more product.

Examples?

CK_Redhand

Quote from: thebigfella on October 12, 2022, 05:26:07 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on October 12, 2022, 04:20:24 PM
So, the narrative of take the covid jab and protect your grand parents has been proven to be bollix
the narrative of take the covid jab prevent transmission has been proven to be bollix
forcing it on all age groups jabs been proven to be bollix with many countries banning the covid jab for young men due to its risk.
And lets face it, more revelations are on the way.

There is some amount of people who just believe what they are told and don't question. We were fed lies and untruths. And the worst part is that, of the covid jab that did work i.e., protect people from serious illness or death, many many people going forward will be so sceptical of its benefits due to the lies and won't take it. Thank god I have an analytical mind and ask questions before taking anything i.e., if it's to good to be true, then its never true.

Jesus we would never have guessed
The bolded line is a contradiction in terms surely?

AustinPowers

It's over as far as covid and that  monkey tennis virus  is concerned .  More and  more people  are saying they're done with  vaccines , as well as  listening to  their fear mongering .

lenny

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 12, 2022, 06:57:48 PM

It's over as far as covid and that  monkey tennis virus  is concerned .  More and  more people  are saying they're done with  vaccines , as well as  listening to  their fear mongering .

Covid is certainly not over. Nobody is forcing you to take the vaccine but you're leaving yourself much more likely to get sick. That's up to you if you don't believe in science or worse still you believe some of those attention seeking pseudoscientists from the internet.

AustinPowers

Quote from: lenny on October 12, 2022, 08:04:49 PM

Covid is certainly not over. Nobody is forcing you to take the vaccine but you're leaving yourself much more likely to get sick. That's up to you if you don't believe in science or worse still you believe some of those attention seeking pseudoscientists from the internet.

No I didn't mean the virus is over , only from my own experience talking with people  that a lot of them   seem to be finished with taking vaccines  and listening to the scaremongering .  And tbh I don't blame them

lenny

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 12, 2022, 08:16:39 PM

No I didn't mean the virus is over , only from my own experience talking with people  that a lot of them   seem to be finished with taking vaccines  and listening to the scaremongering .  And tbh I don't blame them

As I said that's up to them, I'm seeing much of the same. People with 3 vaccines already will have some protection. The people I'd really worry about are the idiots who haven't got any vaccines yet.

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on October 12, 2022, 08:23:39 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on October 12, 2022, 08:16:39 PM

As I said that's up to them, I'm seeing much of the same. People with 3 vaccines already will have some protection. The people I'd really worry about are the idiots who haven't got any vaccines yet.
why ? Is that what the experts are saying

grounded

Quote from: J70 on October 12, 2022, 06:38:03 PM
Quote from: grounded on October 12, 2022, 06:35:26 PM

Examples?

https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-announces-real-world-evidence-and-phase-3-data-confirming-strong-and-long-lasting-protection-of-single-shot-covid-19-vaccine-in-the-u-s

There's the jnc figures vs real world outcome.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2117128

I'm not actually particularly suprised ( I am concerned with their regulation)with the Pharma companies. Its their function to produce profit for their shareholders. They've shown with Tamiflu and numerous other scandals that profit came before ethics.

What concerned me more was the health authorities and government agencies focussing in on the non-vaccinated and implementing divisive and discriminatory policies against them.
        If the main concern of government was the protection of the ICU units and
Collapse of the health service then the evidence was clear from a very early stage who was most vulnerable to severe covid infection and death and that was those over 75 with comorbidities and those with compromised immune systems.

Perhaps you can answer 2 questions of mine.
     What was the rationale(given what we knew about covid 19 transmission and mortality rates in under 12's  in 2021/22) in pushing for the vaccination of this group?
      Similarly what was the rationale of introducing covid passports, covid work mandates, college mandates or even entire population mandates as in Austria?

J70

1. Yes, that's why we need peer review and replication of studies in science and medicine.

2. Early in the pandemic, people of all ages and health statuses were dying. I knew several young people, some with health problems, but others with absolutely none to that point, who passed away. I'm in Queens in NYC, so perhaps my local experience is different to yours, but my local hospital was on world news with the massive queues for the emergency rooms and the refrigerated trucks brought in to store the bodies. There were stories all over our news of otherwise healthy doctors and nurses in city hospitals getting sick and dying also.

3. As for rationalizing vaccinations of the u-12s, without turning this into a college research assignment for myself (and I'm sure it was discussed to death on these pages), my recollection is that it would offer protection for both themselves and those around them, especially old people (perhaps more of an issue in a densely populated environment like NYC than elsewhere) and would allow the schools to move on from shutting down classes (which they've done). We got our kids, both u-12 vaccinated. My son subsequently got a very mild case a few months later, but neither myself, my wife or my daughter caught it from him, and indeed we're all covid-free to date (I've been back working full time in the office and using NYC subways since summer of 2020).

4. With my work, the mandate was introduced to enhance the chances of a return to normal operations (and we were impacted greatly by covid). The institution I work for has a well-renowned medical and public health aspect, and they came up with the rules. The mandate was actually very successful in their case, with adherence in the high 90s among those who didn't get medical exemptions. I know of only one or two people who I've heard left over it. Personally, I had no issue with it, just like I never had any issue with other vaccination requirements I've had to meet, either for myself or my kids. As for examples like Austria's draconian response, never mind China, no, I wouldn't be in support of that.

armaghniac

Quote from: grounded on October 12, 2022, 08:26:54 PM

Perhaps you can answer 2 questions of mine.
     What was the rationale(given what we knew about covid 19 transmission and mortality rates in under 12's  in 2021/22) in pushing for the vaccination of this group?
      Similarly what was the rationale of introducing covid passports, covid work mandates, college mandates or even entire population mandates as in Austria?

Because a vaccine does not prevent transmission does not mean that it does not reduce transmission. People were required to take measures to reduce transmission, be they masks or vaccines, to protect people who were vulnerable through no fault of their own.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B