Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 05:59:33 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 05:02:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 04:54:16 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM
just a little over exaggerated!!!... if you have being listening to the news and still don't understand the role of NPHET and the government probably best to stop watching it..

I know their role and remit but do Nephet know it. Do they f**k.

care to explain how you know it but Nphet don't??? What exactly  in the TOR do they not know..

Yeh leaking information to media before they tell government therefore making it impossible for government to make a fair fully informed decision (based on input from other stakeholders) is not in their remit. Tony covering up smear scandal also not in their remit.

NPHET for dealing with covid established 27th January 2020 so their TOR has nothing to do with the smear scandal...

How does it make it impossible for government to make a fair fully informed decision if there are leaks or not... the information from NPHET remains the same...

Fair enough on Smear timing but let's not treat Tony as a god who cannot be questioned. He was part of one of the most despicable scandals in the country.

The subject is emotive. Message from any management group needs to be managed. Once stuff is leaked you are fucked. I dont know what you do but if you manage people you know this. The alternative is that it's OK for everyone to go running to the media with stories.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 07:49:54 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 05:59:33 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 05:02:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 04:54:16 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM
just a little over exaggerated!!!... if you have being listening to the news and still don't understand the role of NPHET and the government probably best to stop watching it..

I know their role and remit but do Nephet know it. Do they f**k.

care to explain how you know it but Nphet don't??? What exactly  in the TOR do they not know..

Yeh leaking information to media before they tell government therefore making it impossible for government to make a fair fully informed decision (based on input from other stakeholders) is not in their remit. Tony covering up smear scandal also not in their remit.

NPHET for dealing with covid established 27th January 2020 so their TOR has nothing to do with the smear scandal...

How does it make it impossible for government to make a fair fully informed decision if there are leaks or not... the information from NPHET remains the same...

Fair enough on Smear timing but let's not treat Tony as a god who cannot be questioned. He was part of one of the most despicable scandals in the country.

The subject is emotive. Message from any management group needs to be managed. Once stuff is leaked you are fucked. I dont know what you do but if you manage people you know this. The alternative is that it's OK for everyone to go running to the media with stories.

who is treating Tony as a god? this goes back to my exaggerated point..nobody is and most people understand he is part of NPHET not the sole voice of it.

in this context how is it fucked... NPHET information will be released anyway. ots not ideal but I don't see how it impacts decision making.

Wildweasel74

Bit worrying 1/5 in the Belfast Trust not vaccinated, hard to get the normal person encouraged to get the vaccine then the medical profession is not fully practicing what they preach. Hospitals and Nursing homes who be dealing with the at risk category should have mandatory vaccine.

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 17, 2021, 09:19:50 PM
Bit worrying 1/5 in the Belfast Trust not vaccinated, hard to get the normal person encouraged to get the vaccine then the medical profession is not fully practicing what they preach. Hospitals and Nursing homes who be dealing with the at risk category should have mandatory vaccine.

Is that 1 in 5 medical professionals within the Belfast Trust or 1 in 5 employees of the Belfast Trust? Huge difference. I work in the health sector and know of 2 nurses and no doctors unvaccinated

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on December 17, 2021, 09:26:54 PM

Is that 1 in 5 medical professionals within the Belfast Trust or 1 in 5 employees of the Belfast Trust? Huge difference. I work in the health sector and know of 2 nurses and no doctors unvaccinated

I know couple doctors who didn't get it , then got covid , then got jabbed.

theskull1

Quote from: Gmac on December 17, 2021, 06:06:36 PM
listen to it yourself j70 ,I'm not into vaccine conspiracy theories but I do believe very little was done and is still being done to help cure people when they get it at an early stage , he also said fear paralyzed a lot of doctors at the start into inaction . It's a good listen I don't agree with all of it but I don't dismiss it out of hand like some  "experts " on here do .

This for me is the main factor which makes me super dubious about the main stream messaging. Potential early treatment protocols were brought forward but these ended up getting squashed super quick by experts and governments and social networks rather than the powers that be super interested to see if there "might" be a positive benefit following these protocols via clinical trials (and then fine tuning them over time). And then theres the lack of day to day focus on suggesting people think about improving their immune health or studies looking at nasal & throat rinsing for example to see if this 'might' reduce the disease risk in the early stages before it drops into the lungs. I think we've missed so many opportunities here to take a better hold of this pandemic.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

lenny

Quote from: theskull1 on December 17, 2021, 10:16:41 PM
listen to it yourself j70 ,I'm not into vaccine conspiracy theories but I do believe very little was done and is still being done to help cure people when they get it at an early stage , he also said fear paralyzed a lot of doctors at the start into inaction . It's a good listen I don't agree with all of it but I don't dismiss it out of hand like some  "experts " on here do .

This for me is the main factor which makes me super dubious about the main stream messaging. Potential early treatment protocols were brought forward but these ended up getting squashed super quick by experts and governments and social networks rather than the powers that be super interested to see if there "might" be a positive benefit following these protocols via clinical trials (and then fine tuning them over time). And then theres the lack of day to day focus on suggesting people think about improving their immune health or studies looking at nasal & throat rinsing for example to see if this 'might' reduce the disease risk in the early stages before it drops into the lungs. I think we've missed so many opportunities here to take a better hold of this pandemic.

Yeah I'm sure none of the medical experts thought of any of those things.

theskull1

Can you recall much talk of those endeavours in the main stream media other than the swift rubbishing of the people trying to promote such things? Has never felt right to me. I'm obviously a man of little faith. Each to their own I say.   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gmac

Quote from: lenny on December 17, 2021, 10:33:01 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on December 17, 2021, 10:16:41 PM

Yeah I'm sure none of the medical experts thought of any of those things.
if you feel ill get a test if you are i+ isolate for 14 days if your o2 saturation level goes below 90 go to the emergency room , that was it at the start I think it's 10 days isolation or 3 negatives now

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 17, 2021, 09:30:56 PM

You shouldn't even get a grant to go do medicals school, if you are in fact anti medicine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on December 18, 2021, 12:00:04 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 17, 2021, 09:30:56 PM

You shouldn't even get a grant to go do medicals school, if you are in fact anti medicine.

Grants stopped in the 80s lad. Even then medicine students didn't do grants

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 18, 2021, 12:53:42 AM
Grants stopped in the 80s lad. Even then medicine students didn't do grants

You can quibble over terminology, but nobody in these islands pays the full cost of medical school.
Perhaps they should give the places to people who believe in medicine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lenny

Quote from: theskull1 on December 17, 2021, 11:08:57 PM
Can you recall much talk of those endeavours in the main stream media other than the swift rubbishing of the people trying to promote such things? Has never felt right to me. I'm obviously a man of little faith. Each to their own I say.

Give us a few examples of these miracle cures that the mainstream media have rubbished.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

PadraicHenryPearse

here is an article from yesterday on BBC (MSM) its hard to rage against stuff that's actually happening so first create a false narrative it makes it easier...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/health-59681571.amp

Also a quick Google will show you some other clinical trials are ongoing... Merck even has one but not Invermectin...