China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 17, 2021, 08:47:13 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 08:09:27 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 17, 2021, 08:05:38 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 07:39:40 AM
Has anyone a link to see how MLA's voted on the vaccine passports in the north?

Why, so you can stand outside their office with a sign saying they're taking away your freedoms?
No but they'll be getting chased from the door come election time!!

DUP and TUV. That's whose side you're on in this. Congratulations.
Aontu will be getting my vote by the looks of it.

PadraicHenryPearse

just a little over exaggerated!!!... if you have being listening to the news and still don't understand the role of NPHET and the government probably best to stop watching it..

Gmac

Anyone listen to joe rogans podcast with dr Peter McCullough ?
I thought it was interesting and good to hear a different opinion.

Eire90

Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 01:56:19 PM
This pandemic is starting to push us to breakiung point. We are all getting towards triple vaccinated and yet King Tony (infamously of the smear scandal debacle) will decree we should have no joy in life anymore. We (90% plus)have done everything that's been asked, time is up. We need to live our lives, come what may. I don't see the alternative other than going and living in a cave somewhere for the rest of your days. Time for our politicians to lead the country and wrestle back control from Nephet's narrow view point. I have basically decided this morning I will not be listening to one more news program, commuting radio etc as this shit is starting to eat away at me and I am going to do my best to stop this "bad news sells" vicious circle we are caught up in.

ignore the  news its best thing to do for mental health switch off nolan and crawley

screenexile

Quote from: Thastheball on December 17, 2021, 02:59:13 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 17, 2021, 02:25:30 PM

Thats beneath a few on here Gmac, a different opinion to look down their noses at.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/joe-rogan-covid-podcast-doctor-b1977603.html

joemamas

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 07:14:55 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 17, 2021, 12:08:17 AM
The latest recommendations from nphet is a significant reductions in hospitality hours with a suggested 5pm closing time from next Monday.

Spectators at sporting and live events are also recommended to be kept to very low numbers.

A reduction of numbers attending indoor events, including theatre and cinemas, will also be considered.

What will that 5pm closing time really achieve and could lead to a glut of house parties over the Christmas

Low numbers for indoor events I can somewhat understand but outdoors to revert back to that?
What a bunch of arseholes.

+1

do they really think that people will go home at 5pm.
it finally appears that some of the politicans have the balls to publicly say enough is enough.
lets see does that manifest itself to a vote challenge

Rossfan

Ya want public health advice... you get public health advice.
Not populism or what we want to hear.
Govt's job to balance that with other things and come up with the final decision.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: joemamas on December 17, 2021, 03:15:24 PM
The latest recommendations from nphet is a significant reductions in hospitality hours with a suggested 5pm closing time from next Monday.

Spectators at sporting and live events are also recommended to be kept to very low numbers.

A reduction of numbers attending indoor events, including theatre and cinemas, will also be considered.

What will that 5pm closing time really achieve and could lead to a glut of house parties over the Christmas

Low numbers for indoor events I can somewhat understand but outdoors to revert back to that?

+1

it finally appears that some of the politicans have the balls to publicly say enough is enough.
at least if you let people stay out to a normal time you have some hope of mask wearing or social distancing or whatever else in the pub and you are giving businesses a fair shout at surviving. This way you're killing businesses except off licences because people will just havr parties etc with 0 chance of mask wearing or social distancing.

dec

Titanic effort to vaccinate thousands a day in Belfast

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2021/1216/1267202-vaccination-northern-ireland/

Interesting choice of headline

Wildweasel74

Haven't time? But plenty of time to post on here? 🤔

Itchy

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM
just a little over exaggerated!!!... if you have being listening to the news and still don't understand the role of NPHET and the government probably best to stop watching it..

I know their role and remit but do Nephet know it. Do they f**k.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Itchy on December 17, 2021, 04:54:16 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 17, 2021, 02:13:14 PM

I know their role and remit but do Nephet know it. Do they f**k.

care to explain how you know it but Nphet don't??? What exactly  in the TOR do they not know..

dec

Quote from: Gmac on December 17, 2021, 02:25:30 PM

Is there any reason we should listen to Dr Peter McCullough other than him having "a different opinion"? There are plenty of "different opinions" available, however many of them are different from reality.

lenny

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2021, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: joemamas on December 17, 2021, 03:15:24 PM

+1

at least if you let people stay out to a normal time you have some hope of mask wearing or social distancing or whatever else in the pub and you are giving businesses a fair shout at surviving. This way you're killing businesses except off licences because people will just havr parties etc with 0 chance of mask wearing or social distancing.

Once the rules are set most people will adhere to them. Giving people options to stay out late but telling them something different only confuses the issue. There will be a small number who go ahead with house parties but the vast majority won't bother and will try to stay safe.

Rossfan

Responsible adults will be responsible and do the right thing.
The usual minority of stupid eejits will act like the irresponsible childish fn eejits that they are.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM