China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Thastheball on December 15, 2021, 01:07:05 PM
Quote from: Last Man on December 15, 2021, 09:39:50 AM
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext

More science folks, interesting read.

I posted this a week ago I think, very few on here took the time to read it. They want to blame someone for the covid increase rather than except they to can infect people to when they are vaccinated. Another twist in the 'we are all in together' logo

it's not news that people who are vaccinated can still pass on covid to others...

Keyser soze

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 01:14:58 PM
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext

I posted this a week ago I think, very few on here took the time to read it. They want to blame someone for the covid increase rather than except they to can infect people to when they are vaccinated. Another twist in the 'we are all in together' logo

it's not news that people who are vaccinated can still pass on covid to others...

Why would you even be bothered to answer this fool.

Makes a completely nonsense point that has already been refuted dozens of times on this thread,  doesn't know the difference between accept and except, but still feels qualified to voice his opinion on complex medical issues.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 15, 2021, 01:24:02 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 01:14:58 PM

Why would you even be bothered to answer this fool.

Makes a completely nonsense point that has already been refuted dozens of times on this thread,  doesn't know the difference between accept and except, but still feels qualified to voice his opinion on complex medical issues.

I know, and i said previously I wouldn't engage with Angelo again but I asked the other person for a layman version of the link as I thought I must be missing something in it (I didn't ask angelo for this when he posted) so couldn't help myself responding this time... more fool me..

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Thastheball on December 15, 2021, 01:50:41 PM
Listen to these two self proclaimed knowers of everything. i have met some As' in my time and you two are in that company. Your more than welcome not to reply to my posts. Your so precious with yourselves.

I've never met anyone as thick as you I have to be honest... I've tried to avoid using insulting language about posters as posters may have an online persona but in your case even if this is just a persona you appear lacking in any sort of cop on.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Thastheball on December 15, 2021, 02:17:36 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 01:56:02 PM
Listen to these two self proclaimed knowers of everything. i have met some As' in my time and you two are in that company. Your more than welcome not to reply to my posts. Your so precious with yourselves.

I've never met anyone as thick as you I have to be honest... I've tried to avoid using insulting language about posters as posters may have an online persona but in your case even if this is just a persona you appear lacking in any sort of cop on.

Hows that love in with yourself going. A song that has popped into my head when reading your many posts are 'Lord its hard to be humble when your prefect in every way'

an example of you lack of understanding.. I've never claimed to be perfect or anything like that but I would consider myself humble..

.I try to offer my opinion as opinion not fact, and try and understand others points of views,(I watched some of those Dr John videos etc.) I've challenged myself plenty on covid related issues as I am sure many others have done. It is not all black and white but when I've weighted up everything i make an informed decision.

I try and not hold contradictory positions regardless of my own internal bias towards believing one source over another... I see loads of contradictory positions from people opposed to masks, vaccines or those generally to the right policatially. (excluding US politics here as that whole system is awful)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Thastheball on December 15, 2021, 02:17:36 PMHows that love in with yourself going. A song that has popped into my head when reading your many posts are 'Lord its hard to be humble when your prefect in every way'

A senior prefect?

sid waddell

Nobody here with their head screwed on claims to know everything, or anywhere remotely in the same galaxy as everything. That's why they listen to the experts. And the experts are telling us this is deadly serious. And to be vaccinated, and boosted if you're already vaccinated.

It is you who thinks you know everything.

You know less than the square root of SFA.

Sportacus

Lads, I honestly think if you've any respect for our friends who work in hospitals, and your friends and family, it's time to do your bit. Even if you don't believe in some of the stuff, suck it up a bit just in case it's as bad as it's predicted.  It's that simple, do your bit.  Hopefully the gov will support the hospitality sector financially.

lenny

Quote from: Sportacus on December 15, 2021, 06:30:35 PM
Lads, I honestly think if you've any respect for our friends who work in hospitals, and your friends and family, it's time to do your bit. Even if you don't believe in some of the stuff, suck it up a bit just in case it's as bad as it's predicted.  It's that simple, do your bit.  Hopefully the gov will support the hospitality sector financially.

What staggers me are those people who have doubts about taking the vaccine because of a fear of the long term effects. They argue there isn't enough evidence. These current vaccines have been trialled on way more people than any other vaccines in history. There is more data around on these vaccines at this stage than most vaccines ever used. What's incredible is that none of those people seem to have any doubts about the long term effects of getting Covid. It's a brand new virus and doctors are discovering things all the time about the long term effects to the organs of the body that Covid is doing even in seemingly mild cases. I've read recently about people who had extremely mild Covid months ago but now have serious heart problems and I've also read that lots of people with mild Covid have had damage done to the brain (shown up in MRI scans). These are young, fit people who've been left with terrible legacies.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Can we start a Flu thread instead. Getting wee bit boring

PadraicHenryPearse

there is a flu thread already.. just search for it...

lenny what is also surprising that a lot of people against the vaccine, happily promote other drugs for covid that haven't gone through the same trials and peer reviews that vaccines have.. one of the contradictions I was referring to in an earlier post.

seafoid

Omicron came out of South Africa which has had a huge HIV problem for decades. Scientists think it may have developed in the body of someone with HIV. Vaccines based on the Wuhan variant have around 70% effectiveness against Omicron.  This is why Boosters are deemed necessary.  South Africa is a Covid whorehouse.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 07:19:11 PM

lenny what is also surprising that a lot of people against the vaccine, happily promote other drugs for covid that haven't gone through the same trials and peer reviews that vaccines have.. one of the contradictions I was referring to in an earlier post.

Full of anti vaxxers versus vaxxers is it ,?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 15, 2021, 07:39:10 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 15, 2021, 07:19:11 PM

Full of anti vaxxers versus vaxxers is it ,?

pretty much from memory.

seafoid

A bit of French

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2021/12/15/covid-19-le-vaccin-de-johnson-amp-johnson-peut-etre-utilise-pour-le-rappel-chez-les-adultes_6106163_3244.htmlPlus d'options

La directrice du Centre européen de prévention et de contrôle des maladies (ECDC) a donné une allocution alarmiste, mercredi 15 décembre, au sujet du variant Omicron. « Dans la situation actuelle, la vaccination seule ne nous permettra pas d'empêcher [son] impact

We cannot depend on vaccines against Omicron. This is #seniorhurling