Quote from: NAG1 on December 14, 2021, 11:17:26 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 14, 2021, 11:14:25 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 14, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 09:16:52 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 13, 2021, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2021, 10:07:48 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 13, 2021, 09:40:56 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 13, 2021, 08:25:52 PM
The amount of Irish folk reading, listening to siding with the right wing these days is very surprising. They really are making hay (someone on here predicted as much at the start of the pandemic)
Can't blame them with all the other gobshites supporting lockdowns

I don't know of anyone who supports lockdowns, I'm for taking the vaccine and moving on, but if this new mutation causes more deaths, then some restrictions need to be looked at, more community testing followed by isolating if infected
The headcases dont want restrictions or the vaccines when it's clear that we need one or the other. My preference would be that people vax up and we don't need to go in and out of restrictions as they leave terrible uncertainty for business owners and employees, especially around hospitality and retail. I had to use my Covid app last Saturday when out for lunch and not once did I feel like I was being asked for my papers in Nazi Germany.
Felt that way to me tbh. Disgusting.

Then you're a clown.

One man's clown is another man's deep thinker.

If it made you feel like that, sit in the house. Win Win for everyone.

If what made me feel like what? Would there be many front line workers sitting in the house?

Armagh18

Stormont voting again on the passports

OgraAnDun

Quote from: JoG2 on December 14, 2021, 11:14:25 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 14, 2021, 11:10:17 AM
The amount of Irish folk reading, listening to siding with the right wing these days is very surprising. They really are making hay (someone on here predicted as much at the start of the pandemic)

I don't know of anyone who supports lockdowns, I'm for taking the vaccine and moving on, but if this new mutation causes more deaths, then some restrictions need to be looked at, more community testing followed by isolating if infected
The headcases dont want restrictions or the vaccines when it's clear that we need one or the other. My preference would be that people vax up and we don't need to go in and out of restrictions as they leave terrible uncertainty for business owners and employees, especially around hospitality and retail. I had to use my Covid app last Saturday when out for lunch and not once did I feel like I was being asked for my papers in Nazi Germany.

Then you're a clown.

One man's clown is another man's deep thinker.

https://twitter.com/auschwitzmuseum/status/1470141339484528641?s=21

RedHand88

What an incredibly cushy privileged life you must live if you think this is like Nazi Germany.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on December 14, 2021, 01:54:59 PM
So now that covid passports have been introduced, where people who have covid can walk freely into a restaurants. Lets face it, that's what it means as  anyone who has not been vaccinated can't go unless they have a lateral flow showing a negative, so they will not be the spreader, what will the next step be? Employers enforcing all staff to be vaccinated. Its happening in other countries at the expense of peoples careers and livelihood's. Is that the slope we are on? Where do YOU draw the line?

The pass works well, I just show it at the door and they let me in, or if I didn't have one they won't. But if I have evidence of having caught covid within a certain period and or have a negative flow test result then I'm in, its not too difficult. If you haven't either of these why would you be putting yourself or others at risk? social distance and keep yourself safe for the next while.

By the same token if I'm pissed and the door man says you've had enough mate you aint getting in, are my rights being affected?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Thastheball on December 14, 2021, 02:08:04 PM
answer the question

What question would you like answering? You have about 3 question marks in that one of yours 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

In good news for a change, the Pfizer anti viral drug reduced hospitalisation in vulnerable people by almost 90%. In their trial nobody died, while 12 died who did not receive the drug.
For regular people, who are less likely to go to hospital, it still reduced hospitalisation by 70%.
Of course, the loonies will say that Big Pharma made the disease and are now releasing the cure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

❗Does this sound abusive to you? ❗

My friends husband won't let her visit friends or family.

He's made her stop all contact with them unless it's by phone or computer.

He reads and censors her comments on social media.

He makes her feel like she's going crazy for thinking that he's controlling her and that she's being ungrateful, after all he's only doing this because of how much he cares for her.

He doesn't want her going to the gym anymore so she doesn't go.

He doesn't want her going to work anymore, so she doesn't go.

He told her, you've got to rely on me for income.

He doesn't let her go out anymore unless it's for necessities, and when she does he makes sure he has people in place to guilt trip her about it.

By now she is so weary, scared and miserable she will do anything just to have a life and feel less lonely.

He wants her to have a medical procedure done, that she really doesn't want to have.  He says if she does it for him, he'll let her start going to the pictures and for nights out with her friends again.

But even then, he wants her to download something on her phone so that he can trace her movements and keep track of exactly where she is every single day.  He says it reassures him and that its for her own good - because only he can keep her safe.

And to top it all off he's always telling her he's only doing this because he cares.

Did I say husband?

I meant Government.

Here's the funny thing in society.  We're outraged if we do this to a spouse, but when the government do it to us, we stand by and allow it to happen.

Rise👏👏

Milltown Row2

Get a divorce and move on I'd say. or move to a different government like Brazil

Dire Ear

PadraicHenryPearse

false narratives all over that post A18... where did you source that rubbish from.

why do you not rise up every year when taxes change, smoking ban, changes in air travel etc. 🤔

edit... what about mobiles, Facebook and Google tracking movement also!!!!

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 04:18:33 PM

He makes her feel like she's going crazy for thinking that he's controlling her and that she's being ungrateful, after all he's only doing this because of how much he cares for her.

He doesn't let her go out anymore unless it's for necessities, and when she does he makes sure he has people in place to guilt trip her about it.

By now she is so weary, scared and miserable she will do anything just to have a life and feel less lonely.

He wants her to have a medical procedure done, that she really doesn't want to have.  He says if she does it for him, he'll let her start going to the pictures and for nights out with her friends again.

But even then, he wants her to download something on her phone so that he can trace her movements and keep track of exactly where she is every single day.  He says it reassures him and that its for her own good - because only he can keep her safe.

And to top it all off he's always telling her he's only doing this because he cares.

Did I say husband?

I meant Government.

Here's the funny thing in society.  We're outraged if we do this to a spouse, but when the government do it to us, we stand by and allow it to happen.

Rise👏👏

Shorter version.

My friends husband wouldn't let her visit friends or family, because she might come back with a disease dangerous to everyone in the family.
He suggested she get a couple of 3 second jabs so that the risk is reduced and she can mix a bit more and keep everyone safe. Being a normal reasonable person, she did.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lenny

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 14, 2021, 04:18:33 PM

Did I say husband?

I meant Government.

Rise👏👏

She should leave him immediately. Get herself triple vaccinated, download the Covid cert and she'll be able to go out and meet someone nicer.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2021, 04:31:29 PM
Get a divorce and move on I'd say. or move to a different government like Brazil

Or North Korea? I wonder what Kim jong un makes of vaccine passports lol.

Tony Baloney

Armagh18 doesn't represent all of Armagh.