China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 10:03:48 PM
Quote from: Mad Mentor on December 06, 2021, 09:55:24 PM
I've yet to see one actual practical proposal put forward by those who disagree with the way the pandemic has been handled. There have been many posts against vaccines, lockdowns etc but none of these posters have put forward an alternative. When challenged to do so, the silence for a while is deafening.
If these people genuinely believe that vaccinations and lockdowns don't work, what is their alternative?
They have been given ample opportunity to put forward their views but all seem obsessed with what is being done wrong, rather than what they believe we should be doing differently.
Everyone that wants a vaccine has got it at this stage. Keep at boosters and stuff if they're working but other than that just live with it.

After all your posts about Covid that's it?

Everyone who wants a vaccine has it

Just live it it?

Really insightful stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

I wear a mask and all but unsure of the benefit of it. I would do some paint spraying on and off, minor things spraying. And u have to wear certain level of mask due to paint particles in the air. And particles from coughing etc are smaller again. Am not sure of the real scientific fact with basic masks as u def not spray paint with them.

sid waddell

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 09:32:31 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on December 06, 2021, 07:34:56 PM
Was out in Belfast at the weekend.  Restaurant didn't walk for covid passport and some staff not wearing masks in the bar we visited.  Bit of a shambles.  Can't understand why people can't bother to do the simplest things to if nothing else, help our friends working on the frontline in hospitals.
Heard of a few places in Belfast who actually refused entry to people who didnt have the vaccine even though it isnt enforceable until the 13th. Genuinely genuinely hope they go bust.
Of course you do, you're a nihilist.

You want to see responsible businesses collapse.

Sportacus

Quote from: sid waddell on December 06, 2021, 10:47:31 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 09:32:31 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on December 06, 2021, 07:34:56 PM
Was out in Belfast at the weekend.  Restaurant didn't walk for covid passport and some staff not wearing masks in the bar we visited.  Bit of a shambles.  Can't understand why people can't bother to do the simplest things to if nothing else, help our friends working on the frontline in hospitals.
Heard of a few places in Belfast who actually refused entry to people who didnt have the vaccine even though it isnt enforceable until the 13th. Genuinely genuinely hope they go bust.
Of course you do, you're a nihilist.

You want to see responsible businesses collapse.
They're knocking their bollix in to make a living, probably employing young people who are glad of the work, paying their taxes so we have a health system etc, and you are wishing them to go bust?  You're bitter mate. 

Gmac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 06, 2021, 10:43:27 PM
I wear a mask and all but unsure of the benefit of it. I would do some paint spraying on and off, minor things spraying. And u have to wear certain level of mask due to paint particles in the air. And particles from coughing etc are smaller again. Am not sure of the real scientific fact with basic masks as u def not spray paint with them.
they work on the assumption everyone is sick , if you are not sick why do you have to wear one ? The one symptom everyone has with covid is fever , get a thermometer and if your temperature is above the normal get a test done , if we don't start moving forward with nearly 100% vaccination rate and after 2 years of restrictions. Common sense has disappeared in society and was in short supply before covid .

theskull1

I suspect more people outside of social media would take the same position as this pro vaccine business owner.

Louis Rossmann - New vaccine mandate in NYC & why my business is NOT complying

https://youtu.be/apF6bft5kFA
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 11:23:10 PM
they work on the assumption everyone is sick , if you are not sick why do you have to wear one ? The one symptom everyone has with covid is fever , get a thermometer and if your temperature is above the normal get a test done , if we don't start moving forward with nearly 100% vaccination rate and after 2 years of restrictions. Common sense has disappeared in society and was in short supply before covid .

You can have covid without a fever...

Gmac

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 06, 2021, 11:28:11 PM

well let's say it seems to be the most common symptom.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 11:35:24 PM

1 in 3 have no symptoms.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Gmac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on December 06, 2021, 11:41:08 PM

1 in 3 have no symptoms.
how do you/they know they have it ?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 11:55:39 PM

1 in 3 have no symptoms.

They have done multiple community testing of all people, not just people who are Ill. It's all on line.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

sid waddell

I've yet to see one actual practical proposal put forward by those who disagree with the way the pandemic has been handled. There have been many posts against vaccines, lockdowns etc but none of these posters have put forward an alternative. When challenged to do so, the silence for a while is deafening.
If these people genuinely believe that vaccinations and lockdowns don't work, what is their alternative?
They have been given ample opportunity to put forward their views but all seem obsessed with what is being done wrong, rather than what they believe we should be doing differently.
Not one of them has called for intellectual property to be shared with the world so vaccines can be manufactured worldwide and rolled out to the world.

Not one of them has called for N95 masks to be mass produced and distributed for free to the world's population.

Not one of them has called for governments to spend the money it would take to bring ventilation in buildings up to standard.

They're against all that because the only thing they have is to behave like parrots shouting "it's a cod, it's a cod, it's a cod".

Crazy beliefs hunt in packs.

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on December 07, 2021, 12:15:59 AM
Not one of them has called for intellectual property to be shared with the world so vaccines can be manufactured worldwide and rolled out to the world.

Not one of them has called for N95 masks to be mass produced and distributed for free to the world's population.

Not one of them has called for governments to spend the money it would take to bring ventilation in buildings up to standard.

They're against all that because the only thing they have is to behave like parrots shouting "it's a cod, it's a cod, it's a cod".

Crazy beliefs hunt in packs.
This absolutely should be happening.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Gmac on December 06, 2021, 11:55:39 PM

1 in 3 have no symptoms.

GMAC you are in here quite a bit debating various subjects, quoting different articles etc, so you seem to be intelligent and well read on some subjects.

Can I ask you how is it possible that you are unaware that a fair percentage of people with Covid are asymptomatic? Like that has been mentioned on here dozens and dozens of times, and TBH any reasonably intelligent 10 year old could have gleaned that from the news within the first couple of weeks of the pandemic starting. It is not an issue that is up for debate or contentious or has only come to light, yet you seem to be entirely unaware of it.

How can that be?

imtommygunn

If you search enough you will find articles that say asymptomatic is not a thing. There are people who don't believe it's real. Whether gmac is one of them I don't know...

(Just to be clear I am not one of those people but I try to read articles from various viewpoints and that is one viewpoint)