Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: naka on November 16, 2021, 03:30:43 PM
Strange situation
Must people vaccinated but things heading south rapidly
Daughters Christmas party cancelled
Back to working at home
Distraught is an understatement for her, she like many her age have really suffered during the lockdowns for the greater good but she sees no upside
Really worried that whilst government working hard to keep hospitals going
There is a different issue with kids / mental health etc

Public health is set up in such a way that people with immediate, acute health needs go to the front of the queue. People with chronic illnesses and chronic pain are often shifted onto waiting lists and almost forgotten about. That's the biggest problem with Covid, people are presenting to hospitals with severe illness, they need immediate care to save their lives and it means that other chronic patients are getting pushed down the queue, even cancer patients. That's the main reason that it's extremely selfish of people not to get the vaccine. The unvaccinated who require hospital treatment also require 3 times the resources of a non Covid patient further stretching resources. Everyone knows that mental health is an issue but it's not an immediate, acute problem most of the time and that's why it gets pushed down the queue.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on November 16, 2021, 03:25:05 PM
looks like they might have just killed off nightclubs unless they throw them a few crumbs again to keep them quiet

The buses will be heading over the border again, plenty of revenue and cases to be had
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

joemamas

Quote from: lenny on November 16, 2021, 03:42:11 PM
Quote from: naka on November 16, 2021, 03:30:43 PM
Strange situation
Must people vaccinated but things heading south rapidly
Daughters Christmas party cancelled
Back to working at home
Distraught is an understatement for her, she like many her age have really suffered during the lockdowns for the greater good but she sees no upside
Really worried that whilst government working hard to keep hospitals going
There is a different issue with kids / mental health etc

Public health is set up in such a way that people with immediate, acute health needs go to the front of the queue. People with chronic illnesses and chronic pain are often shifted onto waiting lists and almost forgotten about. That's the biggest problem with Covid, people are presenting to hospitals with severe illness, they need immediate care to save their lives and it means that other chronic patients are getting pushed down the queue, even cancer patients. That's the main reason that it's extremely selfish of people not to get the vaccine. The unvaccinated who require hospital treatment also require 3 times the resources of a non Covid patient further stretching resources. Everyone knows that mental health is an issue but it's not an immediate, acute problem most of the time and that's why it gets pushed down the queue.

Mental health does not seem to be a focus of the politicans as it cannot be quantified and therefore does not end up as the lead story or headline.
There are 614 people in hospital with covid related illness.
This represents 0.00001% of 5 Million.
How many had underlying conditions ?
I sincerely hope they all recover, but preparing to shut down an economy again, will have an immeasurable effect on the hospitality industry now, and for possibly a third summer in 2022 as international travel is booked six months + in advance.
Well Tony must be delighted. Maybe some journalist can ask the Q as to what he has done to increase ICU beds in Ireland.
Oh as an aside forgot to add Ireland has over 92% of adults fully vaccinated.

RedHand88

170 cases from the Elk teenage.

800 isolating!

Armagh18

Quote from: Eire90 on November 16, 2021, 03:21:27 PM
close pubs altogether whats 2 hours going to do
Close pubs Christ the f**king night.

naka

Quote from: Eire90 on November 16, 2021, 03:21:27 PM
close pubs altogether whats 2 hours going to do
Pubs/ nite clubs are the scapegoats in this whole saga
And this is from someone who doesn't go to pubs.

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2021, 09:37:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2021, 09:27:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2021, 09:19:35 PM
I think it's basic enough. Reduce contact.
Handwashing. Masks

Lock up the vulnerable? Those with underlying conditions...
Most of the vaccinated in ICU are vulnerable/ with preexisting conditions
so the same as last year when everyone was unvaccinated and I'm sure unvaccinated today in hospital will mostly be old or have underlying conditions , there is going to be or already is a pandemic of mental health problems worldwide as well as alcoholism and obesity which will kill a lot more people over time ,we need to look back to the flu pandemic 1918 and see how they came out of that it's the only reference we have for something like we are in now the current approach doesn't seem to be working.

Jim Bob

Downloaded CertcheckNI  onto my phone. It's asking me to scan the 2D Barcode ....

What 2D barcode..... All I have I is my vaccine card and no barcode on it   Can't find any info on where this barcode is to be found .....

Armagh18

Quote from: Jim Bob on November 16, 2021, 04:31:29 PM
Downloaded CertcheckNI  onto my phone. It's asking me to scan the 2D Barcode ....

What 2D barcode..... All I have I is my vaccine card and no barcode on it   Can't find any info on where this barcode is to be found .....
I think you get it through ni direct website and have to scan it from a different device.

Mikhail Prokhorov

hardly a big sacrifice to give up the pub for the winter  ::)

avoid crowds, wear masks, get vaccinated

simple really but too thick for some  ;)

Eire90

people to be told to stay home 5 days a week

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 16, 2021, 04:07:26 PM

800 isolating!

Where ye get this info from dude? (Not that im doubtin ye)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 16, 2021, 05:22:04 PM

800 isolating!

Heard that also, but haven't seen it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/1116/1260207-covid-live-updates-government/
The average age of the 292 fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections who died was 80 and 72.3% had an underlying condition.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2021, 05:33:14 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 16, 2021, 05:22:04 PM

800 isolating!

Heard that also, but haven't seen it

Just saw it on belfast live