BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 12, 2021, 02:48:45 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 01:58:34 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 12, 2021, 12:14:26 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 11:59:14 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 11:02:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 10:49:13 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 08:10:52 AM
Sf basically some people will say anything against it no matter what. Is it disappointing we are still when we are? Yes. However it is still a huge improvement.

Lines come out like "it'll never be over". Ridiculous.

Well, since 90+% have been vaccinated,  rates still sky high, and they're drip feeding you info that there'll be a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 50th jab... it doesn't sound like this will go away to me. And it won't be. It could, but it won't.

Absolute nonsense.

Well as stated earlier, Israel are preparing for a 4th dose. Doesn't sound like it's going away does it? Maybe you just don't want to tell yourself that.

You didn't answer earlier, how could it be over? What could have been done to ensure it could be over?

There's ever chance it's not going away. But there's no point whinging about that. You have to play the hand your dealt and try and do what we can.

Do you not think there's a cure out there? Or at the very least, something better than these vaccines,  a drug that will eradicate covid so that it virtually prevents hospitalisation and death?  People  would live their life, go back to what they did before, safe in the knowledge that a drug would be on hand to sort it out. What do we have now? A vaccine dwindling in efficacy, people in fear (even those vaccinated!)cases sky high, imminent lockdowns, vaccine passports, continuous jabbing, big pharma cashing in etc. I mean, pharmaceuticals are making billions. Why would they find a cure? They have a market of 8 billion people to be jabbed 2 or maybe 3 times annually. You have to question all that . This is bigger than just a pandemic.  I'll leave it at that,  make up your own mind
Really. You think J&J will hid a drug that could end the pandemic and run the risk of letting a competitor get there first with the worldwide sales that could be involved? Not a chance. This is the reason I struggle to take your points seriously. You really are at the far end of the scale with your conspiracy ideas. There's no arguing with that, as it's not based on any evidence. You've just had a thought and decided in your head that it sounds feasible and just decided to accept it. Based on nothing. Surely you understand why people would look at that and wonder wtf.

You don't have to read my posts or take anything seriously. You might call it conspiracy, I call it realism. As for accepting things, maybe you should try not hanging on every word spouted by politicians, mainstream media  and pharmaceuticals and question things. Lord knows there's plenty to question

thebigfella

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 07:15:55 PM
Sf basically some people will say anything against it no matter what. Is it disappointing we are still when we are? Yes. However it is still a huge improvement.

Well, since 90+% have been vaccinated,  rates still sky high, and they're drip feeding you info that there'll be a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 50th jab... it doesn't sound like this will go away to me. And it won't be. It could, but it won't.

Absolute nonsense.

Well as stated earlier, Israel are preparing for a 4th dose. Doesn't sound like it's going away does it? Maybe you just don't want to tell yourself that.

You didn't answer earlier, how could it be over? What could have been done to ensure it could be over?

There's ever chance it's not going away. But there's no point whinging about that. You have to play the hand your dealt and try and do what we can.

Do you not think there's a cure out there? Or at the very least, something better than these vaccines,  a drug that will eradicate covid so that it virtually prevents hospitalisation and death?  People  would live their life, go back to what they did before, safe in the knowledge that a drug would be on hand to sort it out. What do we have now? A vaccine dwindling in efficacy, people in fear (even those vaccinated!)cases sky high, imminent lockdowns, vaccine passports, continuous jabbing, big pharma cashing in etc. I mean, pharmaceuticals are making billions. Why would they find a cure? They have a market of 8 billion people to be jabbed 2 or maybe 3 times annually. You have to question all that . This is bigger than just a pandemic.  I'll leave it at that,  make up your own mind
Really. You think J&J will hid a drug that could end the pandemic and run the risk of letting a competitor get there first with the worldwide sales that could be involved? Not a chance. This is the reason I struggle to take your points seriously. You really are at the far end of the scale with your conspiracy ideas. There's no arguing with that, as it's not based on any evidence. You've just had a thought and decided in your head that it sounds feasible and just decided to accept it. Based on nothing. Surely you understand why people would look at that and wonder wtf.

You don't have to read my posts or take anything seriously. You might call it conspiracy, I call it realism. As for accepting things, maybe you should try not hanging on every word spouted by politicians, mainstream media  and pharmaceuticals and question things. Lord knows there's plenty to question

;D   ;D ;D ;D

armaghniac

5,483 new cases in the 26 counties.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on November 12, 2021, 07:22:01 PM
5,483 new cases in the 26 counties.

Which includes a backlog of over 1,200 cases. 190,102 tested in the last week, the highest ever 7 day testing figure in ROI. 18 to 24 years olds is the aged group that has the most testing positive.

PadraicHenryPearse

Absolute nonsense.

it is conspiracy.. it not realism... what expertise do you have to question regulators, scientists etc. there are peer reviews different regulators across different regions etc.   Do you have opposing views backed up with scientific evidence or is it just you don't trust anything. i don't have the expertise but have family in the medical profession I would question/query stuff with at least better informed than I.  if anything MSM sanitised how bad it was in hospitals during the worst periods of Covid by the way.

Media and politicians can be bias, absolutly no doubt about that. MSM are in my opinion less bias than those sites etc. that tell you not to trust MSM. That doesn't  mean when they report on science etc. because they are MSM it is wrong.

to.be honest reading some of your posts over the last year or so I have wondered do your friends and family worry about you as it cannot be healthy to have such a mindset with your level of scepatism. I honestly do not mean that in any negative way and take mental health very seriously..

imtommygunn

I would share those same views  :(

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 07:59:05 PM
I would share those same views  :(

based on what evidence.. please do not post some example of fines of pharm companies etc. because all that shows is the checks and balances and regulations etc. work. just because there is an example of poor behaviour doesn't mean everyone acts that way.

imtommygunn

Sorry I mean on Benny. It's just not healthy :(

RadioGAAGAA

Absolute nonsense.

Do you seriously think there are a group of scientists sitting in a lab somewhere that have the magic "cure" for COVID - and instead of releasing it, collecting their Nobel prize and probably getting paid millions to do whatever they want over the rest of their careers they are sitting on it?

Please don't be stupid enough to try and come back with crap about NDAs. You know as well as I do that if that ever went before a court, it'd be the executive board of the company who withheld it that would be facing large jail terms, and depending on the country, potentially life or even capital punishment, not the person who broke an NDA to release it.
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 07:14:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 07:00:29 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 05:38:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 05:31:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 05:27:08 PM
"Its not a vaccine"??? :o  ;D

Tell us more Gmac.
the definition changed recently I wonder why , semantics I'm sure

Well, you appear to know, so why don't you explain it all to us?
from immunity to (protection)

Took a minute to figure out you were on about, and, surprise, looks like more right wing bullshit, this time emanating from Thomas Massie of Kansas. I would call him the village idiot of The House, but there's too much competition to just single him out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/09/09/vaccine-skeptics-claim-new-cdc-gotcha-moment-they-havent-got-much/

Anyway, I don't ever remember immunity meaning anything other than protection against a disease. Which is what a vaccine offers. And there is simply no one who has been paying attention, for example, to flu vaccines over the past 20 years who didn't know that getting one absolutely doesn't mean you will be 100% certain not to get the flu. Similarly, I had to get a tetanus booster back in the summer when I cut myself on a rusty screw while working on my deck. Probably would have been ok, but it had been a while since my last one so I couldn't be sure I'd be protected i.e. immune.
again with the right wing bs the cdc changed their definition.
Tetanus shot one every 10/15
You will be leaking soon the amount of injections your getting.

So what if they changed the words of the definition? Maybe they felt it needed to be updated on account of all the bullshit from the anti-vaxxers.

The real world meaning, the real application, hasn't changed a bit.

Immune still means protected. The covid vaccine is still a vaccine.

What trivial piece of nonsense will you seize upon next?

Its hard to keep up with you on your normal political fails, but if I remember correctly you were previously bullshitting about the CDC supposedly claiming PCR tests couldn't distinguish between covid and flu, as well as claiming that the inventor of the PCR test saying that they couldn't detect covid or any other virus.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 08:29:45 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 07:14:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 07:00:29 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 06:30:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 05:38:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 05:31:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 05:27:08 PM
"Its not a vaccine"??? :o  ;D

Tell us more Gmac.
the definition changed recently I wonder why , semantics I'm sure

Well, you appear to know, so why don't you explain it all to us?
from immunity to (protection)

Took a minute to figure out you were on about, and, surprise, looks like more right wing bullshit, this time emanating from Thomas Massie of Kansas. I would call him the village idiot of The House, but there's too much competition to just single him out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/09/09/vaccine-skeptics-claim-new-cdc-gotcha-moment-they-havent-got-much/

Anyway, I don't ever remember immunity meaning anything other than protection against a disease. Which is what a vaccine offers. And there is simply no one who has been paying attention, for example, to flu vaccines over the past 20 years who didn't know that getting one absolutely doesn't mean you will be 100% certain not to get the flu. Similarly, I had to get a tetanus booster back in the summer when I cut myself on a rusty screw while working on my deck. Probably would have been ok, but it had been a while since my last one so I couldn't be sure I'd be protected i.e. immune.
again with the right wing bs the cdc changed their definition.
Tetanus shot one every 10/15
You will be leaking soon the amount of injections your getting.

So what if they changed the words of the definition? Maybe they felt it needed to be updated on account of all the bullshit from the anti-vaxxers.

The real world meaning, the real application, hasn't changed a bit.

Immune still means protected. The covid vaccine is still a vaccine.

What trivial piece of nonsense will you seize upon next?

Its hard to keep up with you on your normal political fails, but if I remember correctly you were previously bullshitting about the CDC supposedly claiming PCR tests couldn't distinguish between covid and flu, as well as claiming that the inventor of the PCR test saying that they couldn't detect covid or any other virus.
an Irish rugby player tested positive for covid  this morning this afternoon he's negative , twice
What the guy who developed them said was you could make a pcr test pick up the most minuscule amount of the virus and make the test positive , be like having a beer yesterday and having a tiny amount of alcohol in your system today but you are not positive for drunk driving because it's a tiny amount and there's a threshold to be over,  in pcr tests there isn't.

BennyCake

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on November 12, 2021, 07:53:36 PM

Absolute nonsense.

it is conspiracy.. it not realism... what expertise do you have to question regulators, scientists etc. there are peer reviews different regulators across different regions etc.   Do you have opposing views backed up with scientific evidence or is it just you don't trust anything. i don't have the expertise but have family in the medical profession I would question/query stuff with at least better informed than I.  if anything MSM sanitised how bad it was in hospitals during the worst periods of Covid by the way.

Media and politicians can be bias, absolutly no doubt about that. MSM are in my opinion less bias than those sites etc. that tell you not to trust MSM. That doesn't  mean when they report on science etc. because they are MSM it is wrong.

to.be honest reading some of your posts over the last year or so I have wondered do your friends and family worry about you as it cannot be healthy to have such a mindset with your level of scepatism. I honestly do not mean that in any negative way and take mental health very seriously..

There's one example of MSM reporting bullshit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7c_FHiEac

But hey, it's probably a conspiracy  ::)

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on November 12, 2021, 07:53:36 PM

Absolute nonsense.

There's one example of MSM reporting bullshit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zy7c_FHiEac

But hey, it's probably a conspiracy  ::)

thats 27 minutes I'll never get back!!! it was very clear from the beginning that he wasnt shy of a bit of bias either... I didn't understand why he didn't contact the journalists and ask for the 26 trials or whatever he couldn't fine.. he spend an hr looking for... why not contact merck and ask why they wouldn't conduct a further trial.

he spend about 3/5 minutes going through 3 points the article made to improve studies (I think) saying they never happen in his 25 years etc. saying they would be great but it doesn't happen in the real world and then read from the article that acknowledged that the authors were aware they were going beyond the norms of what was expected!!!!

he then decided this meant that all studies that didn't  use these methods were no use which from what he showed of the article was never said.  without looking at it again and I really don't want too, the point the article made was it would remove bias if those 3 points were done going forward, which he appeared to agree with when he was going through each one...

for my health I shouldn't waste time looking at that shit again

trueblue1234

Absolute nonsense.

But it's not realism if it's just based on a thought in your head. You can keep an open mind and question things. But that only works if you do that for everything. And if you do that, you'll realise your ideas don't stand up to scrutiny. So why do you not question those in the same way you question the MSM. It's just nonsense.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 12, 2021, 08:26:49 PM
Do you seriously think there are a group of scientists sitting in a lab somewhere that have the magic "cure" for COVID - and instead of releasing it, collecting their Nobel prize and probably getting paid millions to do whatever they want over the rest of their careers they are sitting on it?

This.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B