China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 02:10:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 12, 2021, 01:44:06 PM
4th dose wow. No finishing point in sight folks.

Its going to be an annual dose like the flu jab. Might as well get used to it with such a transmissible, rapidly-evolving virus.

They'll probably end up combining the two, assuming that's possible.

No that's not good enough. And if we all  get annual or bi annual shots, then what?  Still run around with masks 24/7, vaccine passports, lockdowns, social distancing until the end of time,  everyone of us mentally tortured the rest of our days? There's something seriously wrong if people are already resigning themselves to a life of jabs, misery and control.  Politicians have f**ked this up for everyone, North south and further afield.  If you resign yourself to that attitude you're basically allowing the next set of b******s to do likewise with no  repercussions

Whether or not you personally think annual doses are "good enough" is irrelevant. If annual jabs or shots are medically necessary as with the flu, then that's the way it will be. The virus isn't going to be eradicated. We'll have to live with it, just like we live with lots of other pathogens, partly helped by vaccinations.

I agree on the other parts, but then that's the whole point of continuing to develop the vaccines, as well as the treatments for those who do get sick. We didn't have those before. We WILL have them in future, which will allow things to go back to normal.

I don't know about you, but I've had the vaccines and, more recently, the booster jab. I get tested every couple of weeks. I've been back at work, in the office, for 18 months. My kids are at school full-time, including after-school programmes (we'll hopefuuly get them vaccinated over the next month). I've been away with the family several times this year, including flights. Restaurants and pubs have been open in NYC for a while now, albeit in most places you need the vaccine card or passport to get in, which is great IMO. I've even been to a concert recently, although again, you needed a vaccine card to buy tickets and get in. If the weather is shit, I have to take the bus and subway to work instead of cycling.

Aside from wearing masks in indoor spaces, life is pretty much back to normal for me.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 01:58:34 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 12, 2021, 12:14:26 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 11:59:14 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 11:02:30 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 12, 2021, 10:49:13 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2021, 08:10:52 AM
Sf basically some people will say anything against it no matter what. Is it disappointing we are still when we are? Yes. However it is still a huge improvement.

Lines come out like "it'll never be over". Ridiculous.

Well, since 90+% have been vaccinated,  rates still sky high, and they're drip feeding you info that there'll be a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 50th jab... it doesn't sound like this will go away to me. And it won't be. It could, but it won't.

Absolute nonsense.

Well as stated earlier, Israel are preparing for a 4th dose. Doesn't sound like it's going away does it? Maybe you just don't want to tell yourself that.

You didn't answer earlier, how could it be over? What could have been done to ensure it could be over?

There's ever chance it's not going away. But there's no point whinging about that. You have to play the hand your dealt and try and do what we can.

Do you not think there's a cure out there? Or at the very least, something better than these vaccines,  a drug that will eradicate covid so that it virtually prevents hospitalisation and death?  People  would live their life, go back to what they did before, safe in the knowledge that a drug would be on hand to sort it out. What do we have now? A vaccine dwindling in efficacy, people in fear (even those vaccinated!)cases sky high, imminent lockdowns, vaccine passports, continuous jabbing, big pharma cashing in etc. I mean, pharmaceuticals are making billions. Why would they find a cure? They have a market of 8 billion people to be jabbed 2 or maybe 3 times annually. You have to question all that . This is bigger than just a pandemic.  I'll leave it at that,  make up your own mind
Really. You think J&J will hid a drug that could end the pandemic and run the risk of letting a competitor get there first with the worldwide sales that could be involved? Not a chance. This is the reason I struggle to take your points seriously. You really are at the far end of the scale with your conspiracy ideas. There's no arguing with that, as it's not based on any evidence. You've just had a thought and decided in your head that it sounds feasible and just decided to accept it. Based on nothing. Surely you understand why people would look at that and wonder wtf.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Gmac

Remember a couple of weeks ago it was the pandemic of the unvaccinated now it's a pandemic of the under vaccinated, but you are a loon for questioning any of this .

Milltown Row2

There's bound to be a cure for cancer, some medication that can be taken that will eradicate it and we can get on with our lives!!! No, the big Pharma are holding out to make millions!! B'stards 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2021, 02:51:20 PM
Remember a couple of weeks ago it was the pandemic of the unvaccinated now it's a pandemic of the under vaccinated, but you are a loon for questioning any of this .

It's fine to question it. Some of the reasons for questioning it sometimes are a bit bat shit crazy...

Things like "it'll never end" are just a load of tripe.

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 02:29:49 PM

Its going to be an annual dose like the flu jab. Might as well get used to it with such a transmissible, rapidly-evolving virus.

No that's not good enough. And if we all  get annual or bi annual shots, then what?  Still run around with masks 24/7, vaccine passports, lockdowns, social distancing until the end of time,  everyone of us mentally tortured the rest of our days? There's something seriously wrong if people are already resigning themselves to a life of jabs, misery and control.  Politicians have f**ked this up for everyone, North south and further afield.  If you resign yourself to that attitude you're basically allowing the next set of b******s to do likewise with no  repercussions

Whether or not you personally think annual doses are "good enough" is irrelevant. If annual jabs or shots are medically necessary as with the flu, then that's the way it will be. The virus isn't going to be eradicated. We'll have to live with it, just like we live with lots of other pathogens, partly helped by vaccinations.

I agree on the other parts, but then that's the whole point of continuing to develop the vaccines, as well as the treatments for those who do get sick. We didn't have those before. We WILL have them in future, which will allow things to go back to normal.

I don't know about you, but I've had the vaccines and, more recently, the booster jab. I get tested every couple of weeks. I've been back at work, in the office, for 18 months. My kids are at school full-time, including after-school programmes (we'll hopefuuly get them vaccinated over the next month). I've been away with the family several times this year, including flights. Restaurants and pubs have been open in NYC for a while now, albeit in most places you need the vaccine card or passport to get in, which is great IMO. I've even been to a concert recently, although again, you needed a vaccine card to buy tickets and get in. If the weather is shit, I have to take the bus and subway to work instead of cycling.

Aside from wearing masks in indoor spaces, life is pretty much back to normal for me.

In your opinion why is this great? Why not be inclusive & have antigen testing so members of society can be included? You come across as an inclusive type of person, why take pleasure in excluding members of society when a simple test could include them. Not everybody is a Bat Chit mad person for not taking a vaccine which its medium to long term ill effects (if any) are not clearly defined.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2021, 02:53:50 PM
There's bound to be a cure for cancer, some medication that can be taken that will eradicate it and we can get on with our lives!!! No, the big Pharma are holding out to make millions!! B'stards
Well that is an actual conspiracy theory that I have heard from people I know.

J70

Quote from: Rudi on November 12, 2021, 03:02:17 PM

In your opinion why is this great? Why not be inclusive & have antigen testing so members of society can be included? You come across as an inclusive type of person, why take pleasure in excluding members of society when a simple test could include them. Not everybody is a Bat Chit mad person for not taking a vaccine which its medium to long term ill effects (if any) are not clearly defined.

I've no objection to that as such (assuming its a reliable, sensitive test), but its a simple question of pragmatism and logistics.

Whatever shape Ireland is in, NYC just doesn't have the capacity to run rapid Covid tests for every person who wants to go to a restaurant or pub or concert every time they want to do so.

And certainly not as a free public offering like testing currently is in the city.

And you'd still get the same usual suspects whinging about the testing mandate anyway.

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2021, 03:18:18 PM
Quote from: Rudi on November 12, 2021, 03:02:17 PM

I've no objection to that as such (assuming its a reliable, sensitive test), but its a simple question of pragmatism and logistics.

Whatever shape Ireland is in, NYC just doesn't have the capacity to run rapid Covid tests for every person who wants to go to a restaurant or pub or concert every time they want to do so.

And certainly not as a free public offering like testing currently is in the city.

And you'd still get the same usual suspects whinging about the testing mandate anyway.

Cheers for the reply a very reasonable one too.

Armagh18

Surely they make more from treating it than curing it so not sure what point you're trying to make there...

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 12, 2021, 03:49:53 PM
Surely they make more from treating it than curing it so not sure what point you're trying to make there...

Seriously?

You can't imagine what finding a cure for a particular type of cancer would do for a pharmaceutical company? The stock price? The skyrocketing PR and credibility which would lead to the ability to attract government funding and top researchers for your other programmes? The bags of money to be made from owning a patented cure?

Its not like there aren't hundreds of cancers out there with hundreds of different causes, both environmental and genetic.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 12, 2021, 03:14:36 PM
Well that is an actual conspiracy theory that I have heard from people I know.

I have read this one a lot too.

Gmac

Sounds like Austria are locking up unvaccinated people and banishing them from society , yellow patches worked before maybe they should try again #nazis

northsideboy

If you actually knew and understood what the Nazis did, you either are extremely stupid or you would be a Nazi sympathiser yourself. #logicdenier

Gmac

Quote from: northsideboy on November 12, 2021, 05:05:03 PM
If you actually knew and understood what the Nazis did, you either are extremely stupid or you would be a Nazi sympathiser yourself. #logicdenier
or so your fine with this type of government overreach?