China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

More than 4 times as many people died in the last 24 hours from Covid in the UK than have died during the whole pandemic in New Zealand. New Zealand have also now caught up completely with the UK in terms of percentage of population vaccinated. New Zealand society was almost completely open for the vast majority of the pandemic apart from flights in and out. Sporting events went ahead with capacity crowds and restaurants and bars were open. If we want to look at a country which has handled the pandemic well you have to look no further than NZ. Once they get a few more vaccinated they should be able to open up completely without worrying about the impact on their health services.

Saffrongael

Quote from: lenny on November 11, 2021, 07:09:40 PM
More than 4 times as many people died in the last 24 hours from Covid in the UK than have died during the whole pandemic in New Zealand. New Zealand have also now caught up completely with the UK in terms of percentage of population vaccinated. New Zealand society was almost completely open for the vast majority of the pandemic apart from flights in and out. Sporting events went ahead with capacity crowds and restaurants and bars were open. If we want to look at a country which has handled the pandemic well you have to look no further than NZ. Once they get a few more vaccinated they should be able to open up completely without worrying about the impact on their health services.

Where do you start with the differences between NZ & the UK ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

lenny

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 11, 2021, 07:21:07 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 11, 2021, 07:09:40 PM

Where do you start with the differences between NZ & the UK ?

I know the UK is way more densely populated. It's not more densely populated than South Korea though and their numbers are extremely low even though they've largely kept their economy open. The UK have had a disastrous response and worse than that they've allowed the virus to run its course deliberately.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on November 11, 2021, 08:06:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2021, 02:11:11 PM
Her son, who lives in the house caught it also, has been to hospital, suffering bad at the minute, in her words, was touch and go, not vaccinated!!

Whether he eats well or is fit or whatever, surely having the vaccine would be better than what this fella is going through?

Fully vaccinated now 6 months, have had no adverse problems since taking the vaccine

Guy beside me in the respiratory ward was a PT and at 6'2 was built like a tank but it didn't matter as covid hit him hard too. One of the Nurses was telling me that from what she's seen it can hit unvaccinated fit people pretty hard.

Still on the mend Clarshack?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on November 11, 2021, 02:38:53 PM
A good friend of mine caught it, has a few underlying conditions, severe asthmatic. High blood pressure, wouldn't be the fittest and over 60. Took herself off to the bedroom these last 2 weeks, initially flu feelings the taste and smell gone, now she is over the worst of it, but has now developed a sore back which apparently is a condition with covid (I'd no idea) she was fully vaccinated same time as me, early on. Doctor told her it could have been a lot worse had she not been vaccinated.

Her son, who lives in the house caught it also, has been to hospital, suffering bad at the minute, in her words, was touch and go, not vaccinated!!

Whether he eats well or is fit or whatever, surely having the vaccine would be better than what this fella is going through?

Fully vaccinated now 6 months, have had no adverse problems since taking the vaccine

Between the shoulder blades? Know a couple of men, 50s suffering from this for over 12 months now. Nerve damage apparently
Fella in work was one of the first cases I heard about first hand and he told me the first symptom was a pain behind the shoulder blades when out running. His wife told him to look about it as she though he could have been having a mild heart attack. Came back as positive.

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/1111/1259191-coronavirus-global/Under an incremental Austrian government plan agreed in September, once 30% of intensive-care beds are occupied by Covid-19 patients, people not vaccinated against the coronavirus will be placed under lockdown, with restrictions on their daily movements.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2021, 01:33:31 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on November 11, 2021, 01:33:52 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 10, 2021, 06:35:25 PM
Yep let's all listen to a few half baked GAAboarders and ignore all them oul scientists and doctors.
Sure what would they know about science or health matters.

exactly this, the half-wits on here are unbelievable but they reflect their community unfortunately

the main reason to avoid covid and get the vaccine is the health service cannot cope with large scale sickness

the selfishness of people is unreal, covid is not about you or your freedoms

social distance, wear your mask, get vaxxed etc

it'll all be over soon  ;)

To be honest, a huge number don't give two f**ks about the health service.  People think once they're jabbed, they are safe/free to do anything they want... when they go about with no masks, no distancing etc, are they thinking of the health service and the pressures it's under? Are they f**k. when it comes to the health service, all people  care about is if they take bad ((with covid or other),  there will be a bed free for them.

By the way, this will never be over.
More drivel. It's the unvaccinated that are running wild as the didnt give a shite in the first place. In my experience that vaccinated have cared enough about it in the first place to continue taking precautions. I am double vaxxed but still wear a mask and mind myself when out and about.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on November 11, 2021, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on November 11, 2021, 08:45:59 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 11, 2021, 08:06:36 PM

Guy beside me in the respiratory ward was a PT and at 6'2 was built like a tank but it didn't matter as covid hit him hard too. One of the Nurses was telling me that from what she's seen it can hit unvaccinated fit people pretty hard.

Still on the mend Clarshack?

Yes thanks JOG2, slight improvement each day but still have a tight chest at times and I have to take it easy up the stairs or else my heart rate will sky rocket but in general I'm doing better than what I was since leaving hospital.

Good man, keep the spirits high, slow going at times I'd say, but you'll get there. The improvements a close friend of mine has made in the last wee while is just incredible.

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 11, 2021, 09:27:00 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2021, 01:33:31 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on November 11, 2021, 01:33:52 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 10, 2021, 06:35:25 PM
Yep let's all listen to a few half baked GAAboarders and ignore all them oul scientists and doctors.
Sure what would they know about science or health matters.

exactly this, the half-wits on here are unbelievable but they reflect their community unfortunately

the main reason to avoid covid and get the vaccine is the health service cannot cope with large scale sickness

the selfishness of people is unreal, covid is not about you or your freedoms

social distance, wear your mask, get vaxxed etc

it'll all be over soon  ;)

To be honest, a huge number don't give two f**ks about the health service.  People think once they're jabbed, they are safe/free to do anything they want... when they go about with no masks, no distancing etc, are they thinking of the health service and the pressures it's under? Are they f**k. when it comes to the health service, all people  care about is if they take bad ((with covid or other),  there will be a bed free for them.

By the way, this will never be over.
More drivel. It's the unvaccinated that are running wild as the didnt give a shite in the first place. In my experience that vaccinated have cared enough about it in the first place to continue taking precautions. I am double vaxxed but still wear a mask and mind myself when out and about.

There are maybe 9 in 10 adults  vaccinated. So, the big number of people running around without masks/"running wild" etc,  a huge number of those would be  those that are  vaccinated.

No point in caring enough to get vaccinated, then ignore all  guidance afterwards.

trueblue1234

"Huge numbers without masks" lol

But only in Armagh seemingly as in most other places the majority still wearing them!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armagh18

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 11, 2021, 10:41:12 PM

But only in Armagh seemingly as in most other places the majority still wearing them!
Was in Newry shopping the other night and would say it's about 60% at least not wearing masks. People don't care any more rightly or wrongly.

BennyCake

I didn't say "huge"

And I'm not just talking about mask wearing in shops. There's also  workplaces, people entering other houses, public transport..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 11, 2021, 10:51:49 PM

Was in Newry shopping the other night and would say it's about 60% at least not wearing masks. People don't care any more rightly or wrongly.
Wrongly. Newry isn't a proper reflection of civilised society.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2021, 10:52:04 PM

I didn't say "huge"

And I'm not just talking about mask wearing in shops. There's also  workplaces, people entering other houses, public transport..

Your right you didn't say huge numbers, you said big numbers. My apologies.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit