Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMAC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 03:01:49 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 02:58:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 02:58:04 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 02:22:01 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on September 08, 2021, 02:01:41 PM
Went online to book at a test at 10:00, booked and completed by 13:00. I would be calling bullsh1t on some of you.

I have great sympathy for educators this year, not sure what can be expected of them in light of the guidance.

What part you calling bullsh1t, having to lie to get to the selection stage, or the unavailable of tests when you get past that stage? You saying you were a full 3 hours trying to get one?

Why would you be lying to get to selection page?

Try logging on as a close contact as advised by your school and get back to me.

you book a test if you have symptoms, if you don't then why would you book a test? close contact if that person has covid yes, not any other reason

To get back to school a close contact needs a negative PCR, .maybe try and read the posts before making stupid statements.

TMAC

Maybe also log on and simulate booking a test for your 15 year old with only information from school they were a close contact and see where that gets you.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 03:04:35 PM
Went online to book at a test at 10:00, booked and completed by 13:00. I would be calling bullsh1t on some of you.

I have great sympathy for educators this year, not sure what can be expected of them in light of the guidance.

What part you calling bullsh1t, having to lie to get to the selection stage, or the unavailable of tests when you get past that stage? You saying you were a full 3 hours trying to get one?

you book a test if you have symptoms, if you don't then why would you book a test? close contact if that person has covid yes, not any other reason

To get back to school a close contact needs a negative PCR, .maybe try and read the posts before making stupid statements.

Then just lie, why do you care?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TMAC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 03:08:05 PM

I am pointing out its a bullshit system not fit for purpose on a discussion thread about it, have I your permission to do that?

lenny

Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 02:57:14 PM
We really need to stop testing. It's pointless at this stage.

People generally have Covid for a few days before symptoms first appear. That's also when they're at their most contagious. That's why testing is vital to protect people. Anyone who doesn't understand that at this stage is displaying complete ignorance.

TMAC

Quote from: lenny on September 08, 2021, 03:13:04 PM

People generally have Covid for a few days before symptoms first appear. That's also when they're at their most contagious. That's why testing is vital to protect people. Anyone who doesn't understand that at this stage is displaying complete ignorance.

It will never go away, you advocating this continual testing for how long, until Christmas, Easter, 2023, 2025, 90 percent of adults are vaccinated let the children have their lives back.

Cobra

We have the vaccine. We cannot advocate testing and isolation forever.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 03:09:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 03:08:05 PM

I am pointing out its a bullshit system not fit for purpose on a discussion thread about it, have I your permission to do that?

Where do you come up with the names? I'm curious as to why you bother coming on here to get kicked off?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TMAC

I discuss on a discussion board you just want people to agree with you or ban them.

TMAC

Quote from: Cobra on September 08, 2021, 03:25:33 PM

No one cares about the youth, their mental wellbeing or the long-term effects of missing education, friends and having a normal life, our politicians and unions and scare mongers on boards like this have a lot to answer for.

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on September 06, 2021, 10:16:55 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on September 06, 2021, 09:43:11 PM
Some teachers agitating for a "circuit breaker" already !! What would that achieve? The whole idea of lockdowns is to keep pressure off the NHS, these age groups don't get ill from it in the main. Schools ignoring PHA advice and sending children to isolate when there is no need to. Some of them on a massive power trip

I think I would like the school for my children to have concern for the health of students beyond the legal minimum.
I think your childrens health will be far more negatively effected by the shit show of being sent home to isolate than they ever would be if they caught covid...

Gmac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 05, 2021, 08:29:53 PM

ROI weekly update. Lowest weekly case number in 5 weeks. Interesting week ahead as the return to schools should factor in.

Cases 10512 ( 2146 fewer than last week)
In hospital 362 (15 more than a week ago)
in ICU 59 ( 1 fewer than last Sunday)
I went back to last year at same time 921 cases , 11 times as many cases with 90% vaccinated.

JoG2

Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 03:40:41 PM

No one cares about the youth, their mental wellbeing or the long-term effects of missing education, friends and having a normal life, our politicians and unions and scare mongers on boards like this have a lot to answer for.

Do you not think the folk on here and the people making these decisions do not have children, grand children, neices, nephews etc and they're doing this for the craic?

PS: and you're a reincarnation of who TMAC?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on September 08, 2021, 05:53:32 PM
Quote from: TMAC on September 08, 2021, 03:40:41 PM

Do you not think the folk on here and the people making these decisions do not have children, grand children, neices, nephews etc and they're doing this for the craic?

PS: and you're a reincarnation of who TMAC?

Take your pick

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Gmac on September 08, 2021, 05:50:50 PM
I went back to last year at same time 921 cases , 11 times as many cases with 90% vaccinated.

If we had the current more transmissible variant last year we'd have a lot more sick people in hospital and a lot more deaths than we currently do due to no vacancies.