China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Questioning "a narrative" is fine but it's not like quite a few questioning it are doing it through phds etc - far from it!

You asked why do people believe corrupt politicians. What about? Vaccines? So are people silly for believing in the vaccine because some corrupt politicians advocate it?

Just because you approve of the vaccine doesn't mean you are "a sheeple" and stupid. Likewise just because you don't doesn't make you stupid. It's just that things like people are out to control you etc constitute stupid reasons. It kind of depends what media you read tbh. Day in day out people are getting a vaccine and there are a smaller percentage of people who have had complications. Question is whether you take that small percentage as a big risk. Bigger problem though is people read things skewed to their beliefs so for example there will be websites that focus on nothing but vaccine complications. You have to weigh all that up. You can then read that and accuse the bbc of not publishing it even though wherever you read it is blatantly just as bad and worse.

lenny

Quote from: TMAC on August 28, 2021, 04:03:14 PM
Why do folk believe corrupt politicians?

So you think all the politicians all around the world are corrupt? Or is just the ones in governments around the world? Why're the opposition parties around the world not kicking up a fuss then and telling the "truth"? If this was just one country we could buy this idea that politicians are corrupt. It's ridiculous to believe that countries like Russia, China, USA, Britain, Ireland, Iran etc who disagree about so many things have all got together on one issue to hoodwink their citizens.

imtommygunn

The coordination required by so many governments to align everything has been magnificently coordinated it has to be said ;D

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 28, 2021, 08:20:16 PM
The coordination required by so many governments to align everything has been magnificently coordinated it has to be said ;D

Known collectively as 'they'

TMAC

Quote from: lenny on August 28, 2021, 07:51:40 PM

So you think all the politicians all around the world are corrupt? Or is just the ones in governments around the world? Why're the opposition parties around the world not kicking up a fuss then and telling the "truth"? If this was just one country we could buy this idea that politicians are corrupt. It's ridiculous to believe that countries like Russia, China, USA, Britain, Ireland, Iran etc who disagree about so many things have all got together on one issue to hoodwink their citizens.
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 28, 2021, 03:58:45 PM
What did you ask?

I was answering that please keep up or stay off the sauce?

imtommygunn

TMAC

armaghniac

Quote from: TMAC on August 28, 2021, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 28, 2021, 04:17:26 PM

We don't. But we do believe in science.

None of which have an agenda, oh apart from those who question the narrative, they are headcases with their PHds and years of experience.

I'm sure there are headcases with PhDs, there are even headcases on GAABoard. They do not define science though, their papers do not get published.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on August 28, 2021, 11:43:52 PM

None of which have an agenda, oh apart from those who question the narrative, they are headcases with their PHds and years of experience.

I'm sure there are headcases with PhDs, there are even headcases on GAABoard. They do not define science though, their papers do not get published.

Plenty of headcase scientists , history had taught us that

Gmac

Anyone who was saying that natural immunity was as good if not better than vaccine way shot down for most of the pandemic but now it seems to be correct. So do you need a vaccine passport if you have had covid but are not vaccinated ?

TMAC

It's about policy, the narrative science influenced government policy, the rest was ignored.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Gmac on August 29, 2021, 03:45:30 AM
Anyone who was saying that natural immunity was as good if not better than vaccine way shot down for most of the pandemic but now it seems to be correct. So do you need a vaccine passport if you have had covid but are not vaccinated ?

from what i read that is the finding of one study of the delta variant and pfizer vaccine. it is not a catch all for all vaccines and all variants. there was another study recently from Kentucky i think i read that showed vaccine offered better protection than getting covid (not sure which variant)

imtommygunn

Quote from: TMAC on August 29, 2021, 08:32:06 AM

It's about policy, the narrative science influenced government policy, the rest was ignored.

Are your making an assumption that the government listened to science here? They didn't always. Also what is narrative science - is that a new kind or just science where you don't like what it says...

Narrative is a word which is overused and abused in today's society. For me all it means is I don't like what you're saying so you are clearly being influenced by someone/ something and what you say doesn't count as I don't like it ;D

Hound

Quote from: Gmac on August 29, 2021, 03:45:30 AM
You're just being silly.

It was known from Day 1 that getting Covid would offer some protection from getting it again.  The only question was how long would it last.

But putting yourself through Covid to obtain protection from Covid, is not a sensible approach. If it happens, it happens then so be it. But far better approach to get the vaccine. Getting the vaccine is far far less risk to your health than getting Covid. 

Cobra

Local guy here died yesterday, no vaccine. Lay on a ventilator for 2 weeks. 52/53 years old. Young family.