China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2021, 10:46:49 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2021, 10:23:49 PM
Twitter thread appeared on my timeline from some awake in Belfast account. So this person was speculating and saying some big secret about that 35 year old new mother who died in altnagelvin. You read the thread and some are even speculating she is not dead. What the f**k is wrong with people. One person replied that the husband didn't look that upset so no surprise. Seriously >:(

Probably some arsehole from on here!!

Belfast . Explains it all lol

J70

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2021, 08:58:26 AM
Yeah as much as I would be very pro vaccine I really don't think , and really hope, a road is not taken where people not taking a vaccine would be anywhere near somewhere like being refused care or be way down the pecking order for it. As some said here where do you draw the line. A & Es up and down the country are full of drunk people or people who are there on account of things like drunkenness then there is obesity, lung disease through smoking etc. It is an absolute can of worms. I don't see how it is a road you can go down at all.

I was talking to someone in HR about this too. Over here(well the EU) whether or not you have been vaccinated is personal information which you are not at liberty to disclose to the likes of employers. In the states people who haven't had vaccines, in certain companies, are banned from offices but aren't allowed to WFH. You go into very murky ground there because they could end up losing their job through this choice. That , for me, is too far.

(That being said some of the anti vaccine arguments on here - well tbh one in particular - is real tin foil hat stuff. I actually do get why some people would be averse to it for risk reasons etc but the whole control thing, part of the plan, the booster was how it was always going to be etc etc is bonkers.)

Why is that too far?

My employer, a large NY institution, is one of those companies. As of next week, we all have to be fully vaccinated or have had a religious or medical exemption approved by a committee. As of a couple of weeks ago, they were up to 95% vaccinated. The intention was to drop all Covid restrictions in the workplace as full on-site participation resumed (I've been back on site myself for a year), but the Delta surge has postponed the compete roll-back, for now.

My kids have to be up to date on childhood vaccines to attend public school. Very few outside of the MMR/autism crowd and the christian HPV vaccine=license-to-have-sex lunatics have previously raised any objections to mandated vaccines in the states.

I toyed with teaching kids myself for a brief period. Part of the employment conditions for that were up to date vaccines and boosters. No vaccinations, no job.

Why this is all suddenly a "freedom" issue is beyond me.

TMAC

Quote from: J70 on August 28, 2021, 05:17:15 AM
Yeah as much as I would be very pro vaccine I really don't think , and really hope, a road is not taken where people not taking a vaccine would be anywhere near somewhere like being refused care or be way down the pecking order for it. As some said here where do you draw the line. A & Es up and down the country are full of drunk people or people who are there on account of things like drunkenness then there is obesity, lung disease through smoking etc. It is an absolute can of worms. I don't see how it is a road you can go down at all.

I was talking to someone in HR about this too. Over here(well the EU) whether or not you have been vaccinated is personal information which you are not at liberty to disclose to the likes of employers. In the states people who haven't had vaccines, in certain companies, are banned from offices but aren't allowed to WFH. You go into very murky ground there because they could end up losing their job through this choice. That , for me, is too far.

(That being said some of the anti vaccine arguments on here - well tbh one in particular - is real tin foil hat stuff. I actually do get why some people would be averse to it for risk reasons etc but the whole control thing, part of the plan, the booster was how it was always going to be etc etc is bonkers.)

Why is that too far?

My employer, a large NY institution, is one of those companies. As of next week, we all have to be fully vaccinated or have had a religious or medical exemption approved by a committee. As of a couple of weeks ago, they were up to 95% vaccinated. The intention was to drop all Covid restrictions in the workplace as full on-site participation resumed (I've been back on site myself for a year), but the Delta surge has postponed the compete roll-back, for now.

My kids have to be up to date on childhood vaccines to attend public school. Very few outside of the MMR/autism crowd and the christian HPV vaccine=license-to-have-sex lunatics have previously raised any objections to mandated vaccines in the states.

I toyed with teaching kids myself for a brief period. Part of the employment conditions for that were up to date vaccines and boosters. No vaccinations, no job.

Forced vaccination or lose your job, no ability to work from home, jab or out - I would say that is a tad too far. There are risks with any foreign substance entering the body, you need to get off the gravy train lambasting those who have genuine concerns versus those who think the whole thing is pie in the sky with mad ideas like we are all being chipped. Statistics like this however small https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting can scare many folk, maybe employers should be trying to educate rather than bully folk, maybe people like yourself should do the same.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Why is that too far?

I stopped reading it at NY

imtommygunn

Why is that too far?

Manage something with testing of people. Losing your job etc on this is too far.

That being said people with bat shit crazy theories on it should wear a bell and a tin foil hat ;D

J70

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 28, 2021, 12:03:15 PM

Why is that too far?

I stopped reading it at NY

Good for you.

J70

Quote from: TMAC on August 28, 2021, 10:05:16 AM

Why is that too far?

Forced vaccination or lose your job, no ability to work from home, jab or out - I would say that is a tad too far. There are risks with any foreign substance entering the body, you need to get off the gravy train lambasting those who have genuine concerns versus those who think the whole thing is pie in the sky with mad ideas like we are all being chipped. Statistics like this however small https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting can scare many folk, maybe employers should be trying to educate rather than bully folk, maybe people like yourself should do the same.

I wasn't aware I was bullying people by raising bleeding obvious questions about the sudden change in attitudes to vaccines.

I've no idea what things are like on the ground in Ireland or wherever you are, but the US has an entire segment of the country who are caught in a closed loop of right wing lies and fantasy on covid and a bunch of other issues.

How do you educate these people when their information sources and social circles, in which they are far more invested than anything governments or employers have to say, are telling them it's all bullshit and an attack on "freedom"?

At some point when the carrot fails, the stick becomes necessary.

BennyCake

Quote from: J70 on August 28, 2021, 12:53:23 PM
Quote from: TMAC on August 28, 2021, 10:05:16 AM

Why is that too far?

I wasn't aware I was bullying people by raising bleeding obvious questions about the sudden change in attitudes to vaccines.

I've no idea what things are like on the ground in Ireland or wherever you are, but the US has an entire segment of the country who are caught in a closed loop of right wing lies and fantasy on covid and a bunch of other issues.

How do you educate these people when their information sources and social circles, in which they are far more invested than anything governments or employers have to say, are telling them it's all bullshit and an attack on "freedom"?

At some point when the carrot fails, the stick becomes necessary.

I find it strange given that we have seen the most untrustworthy, deceitful, lying, sneaky British government in living memory, who have behaved like a bunch of ballbags, lining their own pockets during this pandemic. It's been one rule for them and their cronies and another rule for everyone else, non-sensical rules/lockdowns,  and being held unaccountable for their disgusting behaviour. While their propaganda machine (BBC) spews out their lies and bullshit.

Then we have the circus that is American politics, led by big business and psychopaths,  a rigged election,  the silencing of Trump. Put  all that in the mixer, and you wonder why some people have alternative views.

Yet people still believe the word of these corrupt gangsters. It truly baffles me.

CK_Redhand

"The silencing of Trump"?
He has had more free press than anybody in history to air his views.

imtommygunn

The silencing of trump my arse. What led to capitol hill? The fact nobody silenced him until it was too late. The shite he was allowed to spout should have had him indited many times over.

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 28, 2021, 03:25:08 PM
The silencing of trump my arse. What led to capitol hill? The fact nobody silenced him until it was too late. The shite he was allowed to spout should have had him indited many times over.

Was it any worse than the shite Bush spouted about Saddam and his WMD's? Or does that not count because  it was only Iraqi's who were slaughtered? Or how about blowing the shite out of a country looking for a bogeyman hiding in a cave?

Anyway, I noticed nobody addressed the main point  I was msking

imtommygunn

TMAC

Why do folk believe corrupt politicians?

armaghniac

Quote from: TMAC on August 28, 2021, 04:03:14 PM

We don't. But we do believe in science.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TMAC

Quote from: armaghniac on August 28, 2021, 04:17:26 PM
Quote from: TMAC on August 28, 2021, 04:03:14 PM

We don't. But we do believe in science.

None of which have an agenda, oh apart from those who question the narrative, they are headcases with their PHds and years of experience.