Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 11:41:43 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 11:36:17 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 11:33:54 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 11:29:33 AM
Quote from: Cobra on August 26, 2021, 11:03:50 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 10:29:22 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 26, 2021, 10:03:25 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2021, 09:45:17 AM
Israel used the Pfizer jab and it was masks off in May  to general jubilation. Turns out Pfizers loses efficiency after 4 months. Antibodies were measured by a hospital and showed clear decreases.
Now Israel has been updated with a booster.

Boosters are probably the future.

Probably boosters are the future. But it does not follow that everyone will need a booster every 6 months. There are still multiple vaccines under development and some combination of these might give protection for years, with only older people and health care workers getting an annual booster. Even now, a third shot might just top things up enough to snsure that you don't need another one for a couple of years.

That's more where I'd like to see it go.

Look I was very much in 2 minds to begin with about any vaccination and was convinced to get it it was the correct decision for me at the time.

At the moment in not sold on boosters, but Ivr had to u turn before

When you see people who aren't vaccinated clogging up hospitals and in some cases dying, I just don't get why you would do everything you could to help prevent that including getting a booster dose if offered. Just seems a crazy position to take.

But absolutely nobody is saying boosters would stop that . Or am I missing something? We are asking people to be double jabbed, isn't that the official line
Do you understand boosters? If Covid immunity drops over time from the original vaccine then you require a top up. Hopefully one that might be amended to cover recent strains similar to the flu jabs. It's really simple, and I can't see what the issue is?

That's a big if, are we giving boosters ? Ive clearly missed the memo

You haven't read anything about immunity decreasing from the initial vaccines or seen any discussions about why we might be getting a booster?

Yes and as I said I'm not concvinced on current data I should take one .

I'm open minded on it. Thanks for your polite interaction, others on here don't realise it's a debate forum not a bullying and abuse forum
Hopefully it gets to the point were the elderly/vulnerable get a booster jab along with their yearly flu jab and the rest of us don't have to.

Not a  chance.  It will be drip fed to you in that tone, but that will change. the majority of people have been frightened/coerced/pushed into getting double jabbed.. And they'll just sigh, and go again for regular top ups whether they like it  or not . But sure,anything to get back to normal, eh?   ::)

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2021, 03:46:58 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on August 26, 2021, 12:44:57 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 11:49:03 AM
Israel used the Pfizer jab and it was masks off in May  to general jubilation. Turns out Pfizers loses efficiency after 4 months. Antibodies were measured by a hospital and showed clear decreases.

Probably boosters are the future. But it does not follow that everyone will need a booster every 6 months. There are still multiple vaccines under development and some combination of these might give protection for years, with only older people and health care workers getting an annual booster. Even now, a third shot might just top things up enough to snsure that you don't need another one for a couple of years.

Look I was very much in 2 minds to begin with about any vaccination and was convinced to get it it was the correct decision for me at the time.

When you see people who aren't vaccinated clogging up hospitals and in some cases dying, I just don't get why you would do everything you could to help prevent that including getting a booster dose if offered. Just seems a crazy position to take.

But absolutely nobody is saying boosters would stop that . Or am I missing something? We are asking people to be double jabbed, isn't that the official line
Do you understand boosters? If Covid immunity drops over time from the original vaccine then you require a top up. Hopefully one that might be amended to cover recent strains similar to the flu jabs. It's really simple, and I can't see what the issue is?

You haven't read anything about immunity decreasing from the initial vaccines or seen any discussions about why we might be getting a booster?

I'm open minded on it. Thanks for your polite interaction, others on here don't realise it's a debate forum not a bullying and abuse forum
Hopefully it gets to the point were the elderly/vulnerable get a booster jab along with their yearly flu jab and the rest of us don't have to.

Not a  chance.  It will be drip fed to you in that tone, but that will change. the majority of people have been frightened/coerced/pushed into getting double jabbed.. And they'll just sigh, and go again for regular top ups whether they like it  or not . But sure,anything to get back to normal, eh?   ::)

Come on Benny the stats on hospitalisations for vaccinated versus unvaccinated alone is a logical reason to get the jab. You might like to think your smarter than the rest of these plebs who were coerced into getting the vaccine. But the reality is you are the one going against logic  and your argument s to date have been weak as water (no offence).
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 02:48:59 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 26, 2021, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 11:31:40 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 26, 2021, 10:53:17 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 12:43:11 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2021, 12:24:00 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 12:06:22 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 12:03:33 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 25, 2021, 11:48:03 PM
Not sold on boosters, won't be getting it

Any particular reason why?

Had Covid and double vaxxed,but enough is enough , time to ride it out

That vaccine passport will need updated, or it's no pub or bingo for you. It'll be  a never ending jab-athon from here on in

Hard de bate the fire pits
You and Anne McCloskey round the fire would be some craic ;D

What is that supposed to mean? Where did I take anywhere a line close to her?
Is it because she was fired from Aontu ? People seem to forget on that point that she was a Shinner for much much longer ,
Just a light hearted joke, didnt mean to bully and abuse you.

Didn't say you did , now stop being a tube, it's not your form, and you need to brush up on your jokes
Sorry lad just  having a slow day at the new job. Started working this week in the fish counter at Sainsburys, not sure if its for me. Im just trying to weigh up the frozen prawns.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on August 26, 2021, 03:52:41 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 02:48:59 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 26, 2021, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 11:31:40 AM
Quote from: HiMucker on August 26, 2021, 10:53:17 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 12:43:11 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2021, 12:24:00 AM

That vaccine passport will need updated, or it's no pub or bingo for you. It'll be  a never ending jab-athon from here on in

Hard de bate the fire pits
You and Anne McCloskey round the fire would be some craic ;D

What is that supposed to mean? Where did I take anywhere a line close to her?
Is it because she was fired from Aontu ? People seem to forget on that point that she was a Shinner for much much longer ,
Just a light hearted joke, didnt mean to bully and abuse you.

Didn't say you did , now stop being a tube, it's not your form, and you need to brush up on your jokes
Sorry lad just  having a slow day at the new job. Started working this week in the fish counter at Sainsburys, not sure if its for me. Im just trying to weigh up the frozen prawns.
Boom now we are talking ! Lol

BennyCake

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 03:52:27 PM

Come on Benny the stats on hospitalisations for vaccinated versus unvaccinated alone is a logical reason to get the jab. You might like to think your smarter than the rest of these plebs who were coerced into getting the vaccine. But the reality is you are the one going against logic  and your argument s to date have been weak as water (no offence).

That's  the way it's going to be though. If  people think they're done with jabs after the double vaccine, they're very naive . This will be like painting the Forth bridge; never ending.

Cobra

There's gonna be a certain amount of the population who refuse to get vaccinated. They should however just stay at home if they get ill and refuse medical intervention.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2021, 04:23:57 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 03:52:27 PM

That's  the way it's going to be though. If  people think they're done with jabs after the double vaccine, they're very naive . This will be like painting the Forth bridge; never ending.

So be it. It's no surprise. They were talking about boosters last year. No different from the flu booster. I'll tab a jab a year to keep things away from the cluster f**k they were here earlier in the year,  no problem.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 03:01:21 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 26, 2021, 12:44:52 PM

So now you are "open minded" about it.

The bit in bold was your opinion an hour ago, which doesn't sound particularly open minded.

And stop with the poor me routine.

You're all over the place and huffing because you've been called on it.

Called out for what ? Having an opinion different from the groupthink masters.
I'm well able to defend myself but lads just piling in to throw abuse whilst not giving anything new to the debate except  the abuse itself  is piss poor.
I said on current info I'm not for boosters but if things change so might i. Amazingly this level of adaptability has helped me reach adulthood relatively intact

Lol get the violins out

What new info came to light in the hour between "won't be getting it" and "I'm open minded"  ;D

TMAC

Quote from: Cobra on August 26, 2021, 04:31:13 PM
There's gonna be a certain amount of the population who refuse to get vaccinated. They should however just stay at home if they get ill and refuse medical intervention.

Why should they stay at home and why would anyone refuse medical treatment?

JoG2

Quote from: TMAC on August 26, 2021, 07:56:19 PM

No one should ever be refused medical treatment, but the anti crew were very vocal when Covid was stopping cancer treatment, transplants etc... Not quite as vocal now when these same procedures are put on hold as the ICU wards are jammed with anti-vaxers who have steadfastly refused to do their bit

armaghniac

People should not oppose medical intervention that benefits society as well as themselves and then use medical intervention that only benefits themselves, and takes up a bed from someone else.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TMAC

Quote from: armaghniac on August 26, 2021, 08:20:45 PM

People should not oppose medical intervention that benefits society as well as themselves and then use medical intervention that only benefits themselves, and takes up a bed from someone else.

A common societal habit is smoking, I am sure smokers take up lots of medical time and money, all medical practitioners warn against smoking, should smokers be denied medical intervention that only benefits themselves, something they willingly self inflicted on themselves against all medical advice?

TMAC

Quote from: JoG2 on August 26, 2021, 08:05:53 PM

No one should ever be refused medical treatment, but the anti crew were very vocal when Covid was stopping cancer treatment, transplants etc... Not quite as vocal now when these same procedures are put on hold as the ICU wards are jammed with anti-vaxers who have steadfastly refused to do their bit

Is vaccination mandatory? If not folk have a choice surely?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: TMAC on August 26, 2021, 09:29:00 PM

A common societal habit is smoking, I am sure smokers take up lots of medical time and money, all medical practitioners warn against smoking, should smokers be denied medical intervention that only benefits themselves, something they willingly self inflicted on themselves against all medical advice?

Id love to see the breakdown of smokers on here.

lenny

Quote from: TMAC on August 26, 2021, 09:29:00 PM

They shouldn't get free treatment on the NHS if their illness is self inflicted.