China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Israel used the Pfizer jab and it was masks off in May  to general jubilation. Turns out Pfizers loses efficiency after 4 months. Antibodies were measured by a hospital and showed clear decreases.
Now Israel has been updated with a booster.

Boosters are probably the future.

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2021, 09:45:17 AM
Israel used the Pfizer jab and it was masks off in May  to general jubilation. Turns out Pfizers loses efficiency after 4 months. Antibodies were measured by a hospital and showed clear decreases.

Probably boosters are the future. But it does not follow that everyone will need a booster every 6 months. There are still multiple vaccines under development and some combination of these might give protection for years, with only older people and health care workers getting an annual booster. Even now, a third shot might just top things up enough to snsure that you don't need another one for a couple of years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on August 26, 2021, 10:03:25 AM

Probably boosters are the future. But it does not follow that everyone will need a booster every 6 months. There are still multiple vaccines under development and some combination of these might give protection for years, with only older people and health care workers getting an annual booster. Even now, a third shot might just top things up enough to snsure that you don't need another one for a couple of years.

That's more where I'd like to see it go.

Look I was very much in 2 minds to begin with about any vaccination and was convinced to get it it was the correct decision for me at the time.

At the moment in not sold on boosters, but Ivr had to u turn before

johnnycool

As someone else pointed out it may be more prudent to provide the rest of the world vaccinations than to use them as boosters here in the "west".

To be totally rid of Covid 19 it will take a global response as unless we do we'll be in this continuous cycle of "new variant - lockdown - develop new vaccine", so on and so forth..

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on August 26, 2021, 10:31:14 AM

As someone else pointed out it may be more prudent to provide the rest of the world vaccinations than to use them as boosters here in the "west".

To be totally rid of Covid 19 it will take a global response as unless we do we'll be in this continuous cycle of "new variant - lockdown - develop new vaccine", so on and so forth..

In the short term only the vulnerable and health care workers need boosters. Other middle people could receive boosters in 4 months time and the younger people might not get one until next year, in the meantime you cold vaccinate the world.  The latest idea is that the booster will be a lower dose than the original, its purpose being to remind the immune system of the virus, and this would conserve production. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

What is the fear with the boosters over the original jab? Are you feared of the Flu jab as well? I just can't get my head around this.
A better vaccine will be developed but this is the best in the interim. I meant what is the alternative?
It's shown now that it isn't a season virus. The mutations are more contagious, so if we didn't have the vaccine levels we have what would the death toll be like? And we'd all be back into lockdown.
It's not ideal, but it's the only option we have on the table without complete lockdowns again.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 12:43:11 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2021, 12:24:00 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 12:06:22 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 12:03:33 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 25, 2021, 11:48:03 PM
Not sold on boosters, won't be getting it

Any particular reason why?

Had Covid and double vaxxed,but enough is enough , time to ride it out

That vaccine passport will need updated, or it's no pub or bingo for you. It'll be  a never ending jab-athon from here on in

Hard de bate the fire pits
You and Anne McCloskey round the fire would be some craic ;D

Cobra

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 10:29:22 AM

Look I was very much in 2 minds to begin with about any vaccination and was convinced to get it it was the correct decision for me at the time.

When you see people who aren't vaccinated clogging up hospitals and in some cases dying, I just don't get why you would do everything you could to help prevent that including getting a booster dose if offered. Just seems a crazy position to take.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Cobra on August 26, 2021, 11:03:50 AM

When you see people who aren't vaccinated clogging up hospitals and in some cases dying, I just don't get why you would do everything you could to help prevent that including getting a booster dose if offered. Just seems a crazy position to take.

But absolutely nobody is saying boosters would stop that . Or am I missing something? We are asking people to be double jabbed, isn't that the official line

I have done everything possible, my wife worked in Covid ward and I'm double jabbed so not sure what you are saying there

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: HiMucker on August 26, 2021, 10:53:17 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 12:43:11 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2021, 12:24:00 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 12:06:22 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 12:03:33 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 25, 2021, 11:48:03 PM
Not sold on boosters, won't be getting it

Any particular reason why?

Had Covid and double vaxxed,but enough is enough , time to ride it out

That vaccine passport will need updated, or it's no pub or bingo for you. It'll be  a never ending jab-athon from here on in

Hard de bate the fire pits
You and Anne McCloskey round the fire would be some craic ;D

What is that supposed to mean? Where did I take anywhere a line close to her?
Is it because she was fired from Aontu ? People seem to forget on that point that she was a Shinner for much much longer ,

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 11:29:33 AM

But absolutely nobody is saying boosters would stop that . Or am I missing something? We are asking people to be double jabbed, isn't that the official line
Do you understand boosters? If Covid immunity drops over time from the original vaccine then you require a top up. Hopefully one that might be amended to cover recent strains similar to the flu jabs. It's really simple, and I can't see what the issue is?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 11:33:54 AM

Do you understand boosters? If Covid immunity drops over time from the original vaccine then you require a top up. Hopefully one that might be amended to cover recent strains similar to the flu jabs. It's really simple, and I can't see what the issue is?

That's a big if, are we giving boosters ? Ive clearly missed the memo

Franko

As illogical and idiotic as I've seen yet.

2 jabs, no bother.

A third - hell no!

;D ;D

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 26, 2021, 11:36:17 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 26, 2021, 11:33:54 AM

That's a big if, are we giving boosters ? Ive clearly missed the memo

You haven't read anything about immunity decreasing from the initial vaccines or seen any discussions about why we might be getting a booster?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on August 26, 2021, 11:39:53 AM
As illogical and idiotic as I've seen yet.

2 jabs, no bother.

A third - hell no!

;D ;D

Mmm, thanks that's helpful