China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: johnnycool on August 23, 2021, 03:08:41 PM
Nine deaths reported for Corona Virus in NI today.

Is this the price we have to be prepared to pay for opening up and remaining open?

I stopped paying attention to the daily death figure a long time ago. For all we know,  none of those people may have died from covid.

Eire90

i think we are in for a long brutal winter

Captain Obvious

Is this the price we have to be prepared to pay for opening up and remaining open?
Any further details on those deaths? Could have been months in ICU and got covid long before things opened up.

lenny

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2021, 04:39:06 PM

Any further details on those deaths? Could have been months in ICU and got covid long before things opened up.

You're correct in one way, lots of people dying that way. They don't count in the Covid statistics though as it's only people who've tested positive in the last month who count in the statistics. The UK government changed the way they counted Covid deaths so they wouldn't look as bad.

Wildweasel74

I was in Hospital for a operation 2 weeks ago  after the operation I had mentioned the strain/ pressure they were under with Covid. And she clearly said some of her own colleagues had not got it for various reasons.

Milltown Row2

Very good friend and neighbours mother died of Covid, well she caught Covid, though she had COPD which brought about a heart attack and she passed away as they couldn't do anything to help her.

He said his mum tested positive, and was fine,  the next day she was in ICU, double jabbed I think. So did she die of Covid heart attack or COPD?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 08:14:11 PM
Very good friend and neighbours mother died of Covid, well she caught Covid, though she had COPD which brought about a heart attack and she passed away as they couldn't do anything to help her.

He said his mum tested positive, and was fine,  the next day she was in ICU, double jabbed I think. So did she die of Covid heart attack or COPD?

If she hadn't caught Covid, would she likely still be with us?

Do hundreds and thousands of old people die from flu each winter, or is it all of their other ailments and failing bodies which are the cause?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on August 23, 2021, 08:19:03 PM

Do hundreds and thousands of old people die from flu each winter, or is it all of their other ailments and failing bodies which are the cause?

That's the thing, she was 82 and underlying conditions, I know it's a shock for them, but covid is being linked and they believe that Covid brought on things quicker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

There is a great deal of talk about people in hospitals having Covid coincidentally and it having nothing to do with their ill health. In a month 3 or 4% of people have Covid, so you could expect that proportion of people in hospital to also have Covid. And it is true that many of the people who die had other issues and the Covid was the thing that put them over the line. But even if that is true for half the deaths, the other half were not likely to die if Covid was not around and that is still be good number of deaths. In NI, nowadays there are only 4 or 5 deaths each month from road accidents, but there are that number of Covid deaths each day and sometimes twice that many. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2021, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 23, 2021, 08:19:03 PM

That's the thing, she was 82 and underlying conditions, I know it's a shock for them, but covid is being linked and they believe that Covid brought on things quicker

Yep, that's why there's been all of this concern about comorbidities going back to the start. No one said it would always be Covid alone which would kill or seriously stricken people. But unfortunately, many people without these typical comorbidities such as obesity or heart disease or immunosuppression have also been severely affected, including death. In many cases, there's been no way to predict in advance who would or would not be severely affected. Which leaves this whole line of argument fairly pointless, IMO, unless there's been a rash of cases where some completely asymptomatic person died of a gunshot or whatever and the fact that they tested positive was clearly completely irrelevant to their death.

armaghniac

These lies about people being killed by vaccines has to stop.

There is a woman on the Joe Duffy show now whose sister died of natural causes at a young age. The anti vax maniacs have taken her name and photo from social media and are circulating it around, claiming that the family killed her by letting her get vaccinated. The lady who died had severe medical issues going back years, which is easily checked as she was the object of a fund raising campaign to get her treatment in the USA, her death was not in any way due to the vaccine. The family do not have the funds to sue these loonies. It would reflect well on some legal type to take a pro bono case here.
This is an absolute disgrace, why should the recently deceased families have to put up with this? And anyone spreading these rumours without some actual facts is complicit in this.
It would reflect well on some legal type to take a pro bono case for defamation here.

imtommygunn

People just become so entrenched and resort to anything. The anti vax stuff does not seem to bring out the best in people.

1600+ cases in the north and 12 deaths. Numbers are moving into a pretty bad place  :(

Still there's no money so we may just plough on :(

Farrandeelin

1,521 (I think) in the south today. Down from over 2k two days in a row to two days in a row below 1,700.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 24, 2021, 03:23:22 PM
1,521 (I think) in the south today. Down from over 2k two days in a row to two days in a row below 1,700.

75% of these cases are people not fully vaccinated. If people get jabbed the number of cases will drop greatly or eventually all the unvaccinated will have had the dose a couple of times.

Rossfan

NPHET saying peak expected next month.
Scotland reporting highest ever no of daily cases!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM