Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: J70 on August 22, 2021, 04:32:28 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on August 22, 2021, 12:47:31 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 21, 2021, 10:07:12 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on August 21, 2021, 09:59:05 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 21, 2021, 09:31:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 21, 2021, 09:11:38 PM
What's the story with that poor lad in Waterford?

Looks to have taken ill and died after taking the J&J jab?

RIP to him. What's far more concerning is the complete muzzle on the media, anything that deviates from the narrative is not to be reported & any adverse comment censored. We think we live in the free world. Hospital admissions for strokes, blood clots are through the roof in local hospitals, no co-relation with the vaccine at all. Now we not only have the Delta variant but Delta plus, looks like a right mess, hopefully the solution doesnt end up causing more problems in the short & medium terms.

Evidence please

You know well that this official information is not in the public domain, it would stop 12 year olds getting the vaccine. If interested I would suggest you speak with doctors / nurses / registrars that work in this area.

My sister is a nurse. Ive a few friends who are nurses and doctors and I havent heard them mention this at all

I've a sibling who's an infectious diseases doctor at a major US hospital and I've heard nothing like that either.

if they don't read the gah board, they're not a real doctor  ;)

Hound

Quote from: Eire90 on August 22, 2021, 07:17:40 PM

Independent.ie
@Independent_ie
St Vincent's hospital in Dublin is admitting a "worrying" number of double-vaccinated patients for treatment for Covid-19, emergency department head Professor John Ryan has said.

Interesting analogy by Dr. Leana Wen from the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health:

Why do breakthrough infections still happen? We can think of vaccination as a very good raincoat. The raincoat will keep you dry in a drizzle. It might even work in a thunderstorm. But if you are in thunderstorms day after day, and sometimes going through hurricanes, at some point, you may get wet. The problem isn't that the raincoat isn't working — it's that there is too much bad weather all around you.
That's what is happening now with Covid-19 around the country. The level of virus is so high that the vaccine alone may not be enough to protect you. That's why a mask can help, as can reducing the number of high-risk environments you're in. Ultimately, we need to reduce the level of virus around us — and the best way to do that is through all of us getting vaccinated.

Wildweasel74

I find it very strange a large no, of person, doctors /nurses have not took the vaccine. Been they be from a medical background and supposedly know the dangers a question would need answered on why they refuse. Also the news has no issue posting the young lady who was pregnant, who died of Covid in the North at the weekend. Yet the lad in Waterford they no note he died suddenly after taking a vaccine, saying he had a short illness, which seems to be obviously not the case.

Taylor

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2021, 10:58:33 AM
I find it very strange a large no, of person, doctors /nurses have not took the vaccine. Been they be from a medical background and supposedly know the dangers a question would need answered on why they refuse. Also the news has no issue posting the young lady who was pregnant, who died of Covid in the North at the weekend. Yet the lad in Waterford they no note he died suddenly after taking a vaccine, saying he had a short illness, which seems to be obviously not the case.

How do we know this?

Norf Tyrone

I hear what you're saying and thought the same myself. I assume it's because as per CV reporting she passed away 28 days since getting CV hence she is confirmed in that category.
However the other case will need a coroner to confirm what the cause of death was and speculation in the media would be really unhelpful.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

JoG2

Quote from: Taylor on August 23, 2021, 11:12:30 AM

How do we know this?

Again, I'm calling more bullshit here. Wildweasel74, that's exactly the kind of guff you read on social media, a large number?? . Not a single health care professional I know has not been double jabbed whether in primary or secondary care. Where are you getting your info from? And Rudi, which hospital's stroke and blood clot admissions are through the roof?

Rudi

Quote from: JoG2 on August 23, 2021, 11:21:41 AM

How do we know this?

Again, I'm calling more bullshit here. Wildweasel74, that's exactly the kind of guff you read on social media, a large number?? . Not a single health care professional I know has not been double jabbed whether in primary or secondary care. Where are you getting your info from? And Rudi, which hospital's stroke and blood clot admissions are through the roof?

Letterkenny is high (this is from nurses that work in the hospital & a local doctor backed it up) JOG2. Study on line that links the vaccine with increase in strokes & blood clots. Fair number of nurses & hospital workers un-vaccinated, just because someone tells you they are vaccinated doesn't mean they actually are, the opposite also applies. A friend of mine sister is a GP, the only reason she got the vaccine was so she could administer the vaccines, she gets 50 euro a pop for this. Right or wrong there is also huge coercion attached to getting the vaccine in the medical sector.
By the way for every study that proves or dis proves a Covid / Vaccine theory there is 1 that does the opposite. Hard to know who to believe. Also JOG2, what do you make of the death in Waterford?

BennyCake

How do we know this?

Talk about contradictary. I doubt you know every healthcare professional in the country personally, so there may well be a number of them who haven't been jabbed. So never mind where WW74 got his info from, your info is only based on  those healthcare staff you happen to know.

Cobra

There is a pandemic of stupidity.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2021, 08:17:51 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on August 22, 2021, 07:17:40 PM

Independent.ie
@Independent_ie
St Vincent's hospital in Dublin is admitting a "worrying" number of double-vaccinated patients for treatment for Covid-19, emergency department head Professor John Ryan has said.

Interesting analogy by Dr. Leana Wen from the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health:

Why do breakthrough infections still happen? We can think of vaccination as a very good raincoat. The raincoat will keep you dry in a drizzle. It might even work in a thunderstorm. But if you are in thunderstorms day after day, and sometimes going through hurricanes, at some point, you may get wet. The problem isn't that the raincoat isn't working — it's that there is too much bad weather all around you.
That's what is happening now with Covid-19 around the country. The level of virus is so high that the vaccine alone may not be enough to protect you. That's why a mask can help, as can reducing the number of high-risk environments you're in. Ultimately, we need to reduce the level of virus around us — and the best way to do that is through all of us getting vaccinated.

Excellent post Hound. The vaccine greatly reduces the probability of getting an infection, but not to zero. Hence we need to reduce the general prevalence of the virus to that the vaccine is not challenged on multiple occasions.

As for the general nonsense, I know a lad that died suddenly having eaten chicken the previous day, correlation is not causation.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Vaccinations reduce transmission significantly but they wear off over time.
The virus is still out of control.

RedHand88

I work with about 30 of them. I can say with complete confidence that all of them are vaccinated.
Have no idea where you are getting this from.

JoG2

Quote from: BennyCake on August 23, 2021, 12:12:12 PM

How do we know this?

Talk about contradictary. I doubt you know every healthcare professional in the country personally, so there may well be a number of them who haven't been jabbed. So never mind where WW74 got his info from, your info is only based on  those healthcare staff you happen to know.

I work right across the North in the Health sector, I know of none, not one. Yet WW knows of 'a large no'... How does that work tell me? Where is his info coming from?

J70

Pfizer just got full FDA approval in US.

There goes one excuse for the vaccine "hesitant".

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/23/us/politics/fda-approval-pfizer-vaccine.html

Going to be a flood of employer mandates now.

johnnycool

Nine deaths reported for Corona Virus in NI today.

Is this the price we have to be prepared to pay for opening up and remaining open?