China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

Quote from: bennydorano on August 20, 2021, 03:42:19 PM
Evidence that vaccinated people still transmit Covid-19 makes rollout of jabs to UK children less likely

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/evidence-vaccinated-still-transmit-covid-19-rollout-jabs-uk-children-less-likely-1159487
Vaccinating children with this would be dodgy to say the least

armaghniac

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 20, 2021, 06:00:03 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 20, 2021, 03:42:19 PM
Evidence that vaccinated people still transmit Covid-19 makes rollout of jabs to UK children less likely

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/evidence-vaccinated-still-transmit-covid-19-rollout-jabs-uk-children-less-likely-1159487
Vaccinating children with this would be dodgy to say the least

The issue of vaccination of children is the balance between the effects of the vaccine and of the real Covid. I'm not sure how a vaccine could actually be worse than the real thing, and logically there should exist a vaccine that is not.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BenDover on August 20, 2021, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2021, 10:23:45 AM
Quote from: clarshack on August 20, 2021, 10:06:27 AM
Quote from: BenDover on August 20, 2021, 12:34:04 AM
Family wedding at the weekend and my whole house is down with Covid. OH and I are vaccinated. My symptoms are flu like with a cough, eldest boy the same. Youngest kids showing no symptoms. Isolation now for 10 days.

Was the wedding last weekend?
Was the reception in Armagh?  ;)

It was. Reports of a lot of guests now infected. Different wedding to the one linked to the death.
Aye it seems to be famous round the town if its the same one! The reception I'm at next week is in the south so could be a more sensible affair, although lots of people panicking about a residents bar  ;D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armaghniac on August 20, 2021, 02:35:02 PM
Quote from: APM on August 20, 2021, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 20, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
Quote from: BenDover on August 20, 2021, 12:34:04 AM
Family wedding at the weekend and my whole house is down with Covid. OH and I are vaccinated. My symptoms are flu like with a cough, eldest boy the same. Youngest kids showing no symptoms. Isolation now for 10 days.

Yeah, same situation here , friends wedding, widespread covid cases and 1 death, mostly double jabbed

That's terrible. I know if it was my wedding, I would be devastated if someone caught covid and died.

Give out antigen tests at the church and tell anyone positive to not go to the reception?

2,397 new cases of Covid-19 were reported in Northern Ireland today, there is a huge amount of Covid out there.

And 2,098 in the south. This delta variant is fierce contagious.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 20, 2021, 11:17:18 AM
Look after yourselves Fear and Ben. Order a pulse oximeter from amazon, they're about £25. Will show you your blood oxygen levels which is an early sign if anyone is going downhill and needs hospital treatment.

Thanks , thankfully I didn't attend , but it's bad fallout , father of the bride.

bennydorano

BBC News: Is catching Covid now better than more vaccine?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58270098

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on August 21, 2021, 12:51:11 PM
BBC News: Is catching Covid now better than more vaccine?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58270098
AS i said above, it should be possible to design a vaccine that is as good as the real thing, If mRNA vaccines have some shortfalls then an inactivated virus vaccine or something else would do the trick.

But the problem here is that we are not dealing with averages but with what happens when things go wrong. That may concern a relatively small proportion in each case but the consequences could be serious.

The most convincing argument at present is to give the vaccines to people in other parts of the world who will clearly benefit and continue to conduct research on the best vaccine for children. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

There were 45 cases of 'Delta plus' variant yesterday.

2,125 extra cases today...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Yeah it sounds like a new variant is coming. Great.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 21, 2021, 05:32:42 PM
Yeah it sounds like a new variant is coming. Great.

That's it, I'm buying a camper van!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It's the thing to do these days!

From the Bunker

What's the story with that poor lad in Waterford?

Looks to have taken ill and died after taking the J&J jab?

Rudi

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 21, 2021, 09:11:38 PM

RIP to him. What's far more concerning is the complete muzzle on the media, anything that deviates from the narrative is not to be reported & any adverse comment censored. We think we live in the free world. Hospital admissions for strokes, blood clots are through the roof in local hospitals, no co-relation with the vaccine at all. Now we not only have the Delta variant but Delta plus, looks like a right mess, hopefully the solution doesnt end up causing more problems in the short & medium terms.

thebigfella

Quote from: Rudi on August 21, 2021, 09:31:12 PM

RIP to him. What's far more concerning is the complete muzzle on the media, anything that deviates from the narrative is not to be reported & any adverse comment censored. We think we live in the free world. Hospital admissions for strokes, blood clots are through the roof in local hospitals, no co-relation with the vaccine at all. Now we not only have the Delta variant but Delta plus, looks like a right mess, hopefully the solution doesnt end up causing more problems in the short & medium terms.

Evidence please

Rudi

Quote from: thebigfella on August 21, 2021, 09:59:05 PM
Quote from: Rudi on August 21, 2021, 09:31:12 PM

Evidence please

You know well that this official information is not in the public domain, it would stop 12 year olds getting the vaccine. If interested I would suggest you speak with doctors / nurses / registrars that work in this area.