China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2021, 09:14:10 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 09:06:39 AM
I don't know too many - that guy would be the main one. While most here would take it others are jumped on who say they wouldn't. It's really brought out a split in people. I don't think everyone who doesn't want the vaccine suffers from mental health issues btw but I do think in some people's cases there's too much conspiracy stuff on the internet that they believe.

Really I havent heard anyone mention conspiracy theory at all, just normal people, nice people too btw

Yeah - the above is just my experience. I fully understand younger ones not wanting to get it tbh and don't subscribe to the everyone is stupid who doesn't want to get it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 09:28:11 AM
I don't know too many - that guy would be the main one. While most here would take it others are jumped on who say they wouldn't. It's really brought out a split in people. I don't think everyone who doesn't want the vaccine suffers from mental health issues btw but I do think in some people's cases there's too much conspiracy stuff on the internet that they believe.

Really I havent heard anyone mention conspiracy theory at all, just normal people, nice people too btw

Yeah - the above is just my experience. I fully understand younger ones not wanting to get it tbh and don't subscribe to the everyone is stupid who doesn't want to get it.

Just gets peoples back up(especially young men) who end up digging their heals in getting called stupid etc

trailer

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2021, 09:31:34 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 09:28:11 AM

Just gets peoples back up(especially young men) who end up digging their heals in getting called stupid etc

There's a link between infection rates and the vaccine. Can people not see that? The highest infection rates are highest in Derry / Donegal. This is clearly links with what you are saying about vaccine uptake in the Northwest. People need to wake the f**k up for everyones sake or we'll be staring another lockdown in the face and those that are unvaccinated will be the most vocal about that.

bennydorano

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 06, 2021, 11:23:37 PM
What's the Situation down south, are B&B operating?
Yes. I've been in a nice hotel in Mayo the past few days, the grim weather defo not helping but generally it's been a bit shit tbh.

There's exponential growth in mullets in young lads by the looks of it as well.

armaghniac

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2021, 12:00:27 AM
Even if you are double jabbed

Double jabbed reduces your chances of getting Delta by about 75%, but it isn't an absolute protection. Now the vaccine will also reduce the extent of your illness, but you could still pass it on to someone else, perhaps someone not as well able to deal with it.
Going back to my tyre example, you cannot reasonably say that I don't need to change my tyre because people wear seatbelts and they'll be OK when I crash into them. 

Vaccines greatest contribution to society is not so much in stopping one person getting it, but in reducing transmission generally so that there isn't much around. That doesn't work if you have people acting the maggot and not getting the vaccine. The point is that any inconvenience or risk from getting the vaccine is less than getting disease, people might take a chance that they won't get the disease but now this Delta is going to go around everywhere as it is more transmissible and people are out and about.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2021, 08:56:50 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 08:40:21 AM
Out of interest do many of you know many people who wouldn't take it?

I know a boy who worked with me, left last week, would be very against it. He is a boy who struggles a lot with mental health and who reads a lot of stuff on the internet which isn't very helpful conspiracy theory wise etc. He won't get one. Any time I see him in public I tell him to wear a bell and then he tells me that I'll be a zombie in 6 months so keep good food in the fridge so he can come down and get it. In all seriousness though it's a society thing now that misinformation etc leads people to be like this and I don't begrudge him for it - I honestly feel a bit for him.

Loads in office here

All normal guys and dolls.

One lad very private, mad into fitness, thinks his immune system will do the work(mid 30s)
Other guy, normal lad, gives no reason and just cuts conversation dead when mentioned(40s)
Young lad, uni intern, seems very tuned in and well educated, says doesnt trust it and he is too young to be comcerned(21)
2 girls, keep mentioning having babies(20s)
1 lad, says ah keep meaning to bookit(40s)
1 guy says its poison

Over 50% not vaccinated? I'd say that is extremely rare. Uptake in the North-West is very high as far as I'm aware.
I personally know 3 people who are refusing to take it. One is a stay at home mother, YouTube fanatic, anti everything especially the vaccine and big Pharma. Her husband is a pharmacist. One is a family friend. She says her mind is made up and no one will change it. She wasn't aware that the vaccine reduced transmission rates. The 3rd, says he doesn't trust the science. He has 3 x kids all vaccinated to the hilt.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JoG2 on July 07, 2021, 11:27:02 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 07, 2021, 08:56:50 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2021, 08:40:21 AM
Out of interest do many of you know many people who wouldn't take it?

I know a boy who worked with me, left last week, would be very against it. He is a boy who struggles a lot with mental health and who reads a lot of stuff on the internet which isn't very helpful conspiracy theory wise etc. He won't get one. Any time I see him in public I tell him to wear a bell and then he tells me that I'll be a zombie in 6 months so keep good food in the fridge so he can come down and get it. In all seriousness though it's a society thing now that misinformation etc leads people to be like this and I don't begrudge him for it - I honestly feel a bit for him.

Loads in office here

All normal guys and dolls.

One lad very private, mad into fitness, thinks his immune system will do the work(mid 30s)
Other guy, normal lad, gives no reason and just cuts conversation dead when mentioned(40s)
Young lad, uni intern, seems very tuned in and well educated, says doesnt trust it and he is too young to be comcerned(21)
2 girls, keep mentioning having babies(20s)
1 lad, says ah keep meaning to bookit(40s)
1 guy says its poison

Over 50% not vaccinated? I'd say that is extremely rare. Uptake in the North-West is very high as far as I'm aware.
I personally know 3 people who are refusing to take it. One is a stay at home home, YouTube fanatic, anti everything especially the vaccine and big Pharma. Her husband is a pharmacist. One is a family friend. She says her mind is made up and no one will change it. She wasn't aware that the vaccine reduced transmission rates. The 3rd, says he doesn't trust the science. He has 3 x kids all vaccinated to the hilt.

We could just be in our own wee bubble possibly, everyone  influencing everyone else

armaghniac

Maroon Manc

Anyone took the boat over to England and came back home to the south via Belfast?

armaghniac

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 07, 2021, 02:37:18 PM
Anyone took the boat over to England and came back home to the south via Belfast?

This doesn't excuse you from quarantine requirements, it merely allows you evade them.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Listening to radio Ulster there in way home , seems the anti vaxer thingy annoying a lot of folk and seemingly a lot out there not taking vaccine

Rossfan

Sadly there are always thick ignorant c***s around.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 06, 2021, 04:54:43 PM
Good going. North is even further along. Those in charge of the vaccine rollout really have done a superb job.

63,841 vaccinated yesterday (Tuesday) in the 26 counties, that's about 1.64% of the over 16 population. Most of these were second doses or J&J, so the proportion fully vaccinated went up 1.3% in one day. Last week, Wednesday was the best day when they did over 64,000, perhaps today will beat that.  Whatever about a slow start earlier in the year when AZ stiffed them, now they are sucking diesel.

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2021, 07:04:47 PM
Sadly there are always thick ignorant c***s around.

But these particular thick ignorant c***s are dangerous as well.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yuk. That C word. Irony.

BennyCake

There are plenty not taking the vaccine, but doing everything else right to prevent spread. And there are many more that are double jabbed and doing feck all in terms of stopping the spread, wearing masks etc.