China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Solo_run on June 30, 2021, 02:15:33 PM
Two thirds of 2000 covid cases potentially linked to England Vs Scotland. 300+ cases were at the game.
You'd think if you were at that match you'd have the cop on not to get tested...

trailer

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 30, 2021, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2021, 10:57:05 PM
How come covid and delta is spreading so much with everyone wearing masks ?

From Australia - it appears that it can spread between hotel quarantine rooms via the air-con systems.

Obviously each room is not independently HEPA filtered - but that is a very worrying degree of viral persistence.

Australia under pressure now. A fucked up vaccine rollout and the Delta variant isn't a good mix. It could be a rough few months if the virus gets hold.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: trailer on June 30, 2021, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 30, 2021, 01:46:10 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2021, 10:57:05 PM
How come covid and delta is spreading so much with everyone wearing masks ?

From Australia - it appears that it can spread between hotel quarantine rooms via the air-con systems.

Obviously each room is not independently HEPA filtered - but that is a very worrying degree of viral persistence.

Australia under pressure now. A fucked up vaccine rollout and the Delta variant isn't a good mix. It could be a rough few months if the virus gets hold.

Only 5% of the population in Australia fully vaccinated as well

Solo_run

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 30, 2021, 02:45:51 PM
Two thirds of 2000 covid cases potentially linked to England Vs Scotland. 300+ cases were at the game.
You'd think if you were at that match you'd have the cop on not to get tested...

I would say the GAA are right to limit the number of spectators at games. Antrim fans and Armagh fans mingling in the stadium and down in the pub for a few drinks after - no thank you.

Rossfan

Still 500 in the North?
Australia not so wonderful now it seems. Only 5% vaccinated?
Did the Government think they weren't going to need to vaccinate the general population?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gmac

Quote from: Rossfan on June 30, 2021, 03:40:22 PM
Still 500 in the North?
Did the Government think they weren't going to need to vaccinate the general population?
Australia has out smarted themselves a bit if your policy is zero covid  and the country is shut down to the outside world pretty much why would a population take a new vaccine that's for a virus that the government is promising will never come to their country .
Maybe Australians never want to leave the country again or are happy not to have anyone visit without 2 weeks quarantine, sad for expats but the natives  seem happy enough there .

trailer

Quote from: Gmac on June 30, 2021, 04:11:03 PM
Still 500 in the North?
Australia has out smarted themselves a bit if your policy is zero covid  and the country is shut down to the outside world pretty much why would a population take a new vaccine that's for a virus that the government is promising will never come to their country .
Maybe Australians never want to leave the country again or are happy not to have anyone visit without 2 weeks quarantine, sad for expats but the natives  seem happy enough there .

Zero Covid is a great idea but it isn't a long term solution. The long term solution is the vaccine.

Solo_run

Quote from: trailer on June 30, 2021, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 30, 2021, 04:11:03 PM
Still 500 in the North?

Zero Covid is a great idea but it isn't a long term solution. The long term solution is the vaccine.

Stupid strategy in all honesty. What are Australia going to do? Close themselves off to the world permanently? Or wait until the rest if the world is vaccinated because the latter isn't going to happen.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Solo_run on June 30, 2021, 03:38:05 PM

I would say the GAA are right to limit the number of spectators at games. Antrim fans and Armagh fans mingling in the stadium and down in the pub for a few drinks after - no thank you.

Far from right. A limit on supporters attending matches means more will be watching the matches in pubs. A yes for me attending a match outdoors and no thank you to watching a match indoors in a pub especially until I get my 2nd dose of vaccine.

joemamas

What does potentially mean. "with the capacity to develop or happen in the future",
it is not based on any scientific data.
Like the headline re NPHET
"More than 2,000 could die from Covid-19 by September, Nphet warns
'Significant' fourth wave likely due to Delta variant, letter to Government says"
Of course this was the worst scenario of five estimates, the other four were not mentioned, why not? Scaremongering?

At this time June 29th, there are 46 people with Covid in hospital.  That is 0.00001% of the Irish population of 4.5 Million.
I hope to GOD they all have a full recovery, I wonder how many of the 46 had compromised immune systems, or underlying conditions.

How a govt can continue to shut down entire industries, how a govt will not allow fully vaccinated folks into outdoor stadiums, just beggars belief.
wonder what the mental toll will be on the owners and families of said businesses if they fail. What about the continued impact of older single people in rural Ireland would would stop in for a few pints evry now and again and have a chat with friends.

Solo_run

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 30, 2021, 04:40:50 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 30, 2021, 03:38:05 PM

Far from right. A limit on supporters attending matches means more will be watching the matches in pubs. A yes for me attending a match outdoors and no thank you to watching a match indoors in a pub especially until I get my 2nd dose of vaccine.

They might well be watching it in the pub but it won't be thousands of fans within one mile of a stadium.

The point I was making was if everything was allowed to go back to normal and there was a capacity crowd at the Athletic grounds on Sunday (or any game for that matter) you would have thousands of fans in the stadium (which in itself, I agree isn't a problem as it is outside) but it is what happens afterwards, the pubs would likely be packed out as would public transport. The next thing that would happen is everyone will make their way home so you will have hundreds if not thousands of fans mingling on public transport.   

armaghniac

Quote from: Solo_run on June 30, 2021, 04:59:59 PM
The point I was making was if everything was allowed to go back to normal and there was a capacity crowd at the Athletic grounds on Sunday (or any game for that matter) you would have thousands of fans in the stadium (which in itself, I agree isn't a problem as it is outside) but it is what happens afterwards, the pubs would likely be packed out as would public transport. The next thing that would happen is everyone will make their way home so you will have hundreds if not thousands of fans mingling on public transport.   

Public transport will not be huge issue in the Athletic Grounds, it may be in Croke Park
If they bring in a Covid passport for restaurants then hopefully the same will apply to stadia.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Solo_run

Quote from: joemamas on June 30, 2021, 04:48:27 PM

What does potentially mean. "with the capacity to develop or happen in the future",
it is not based on any scientific data.
Like the headline re NPHET
"More than 2,000 could die from Covid-19 by September, Nphet warns
'Significant' fourth wave likely due to Delta variant, letter to Government says"
Of course this was the worst scenario of five estimates, the other four were not mentioned, why not? Scaremongering?

At this time June 29th, there are 46 people with Covid in hospital.  That is 0.00001% of the Irish population of 4.5 Million.
I hope to GOD they all have a full recovery, I wonder how many of the 46 had compromised immune systems, or underlying conditions.

How a govt can continue to shut down entire industries, how a govt will not allow fully vaccinated folks into outdoor stadiums, just beggars belief.
wonder what the mental toll will be on the owners and families of said businesses if they fail. What about the continued impact of older single people in rural Ireland would would stop in for a few pints evry now and again and have a chat with friends.

I am guessing they can't specifically identify Wembley as being the main reason but perhaps it is as a result of being in that general area where people would have had to check in. It was kind of stupid allowing it to happen considering Glasgow were experiencing high levels of the Delta variant. 

There is always going to be wave after wave now regardless of having the vaccine. The vaccine doesn't stop people from getting it so it is something we have to live with but obviously not everyone is vaccinated yet.

Rossfan

An in law of an in law got it last January, spent a long time in ICU and 5 months in total in Hospital.
He was the only one in the ICU at that time to survive.
He can barely talk now and needs crutches to walk and is in poor condition over all.
He's mid 60s.
But sure not being able to get in to a match is a serious problem according to some.

By the way NPHET were going to recommend indoor dining and drinking remain closed till end of September.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rossfan on June 30, 2021, 05:51:55 PM
An in law of an in law got it last January, spent a long time in ICU and 5 months in total in Hospital.
He was the only one in the ICU at that time to survive.
He can barely talk now and needs crutches to walk and is in poor condition over all.
He's mid 60s.
But sure not being able to get in to a match is a serious problem according to some.

By the way NPHET were going to recommend indoor dining and drinking remain closed till end of September.

Did that person and others pick up the virus outdoors watching a match?  If indoor dining in the south is to remain closed throughout the summer I highly doubt the NPHET lads will have the confidence to open things up in the autumn and winter which is the normal viral infection season