China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2021, 07:41:42 PM

It's perfect for casement. Oh wait...

They can use Casement for the All Ireland baling championship.

Meanwhile
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Capt Pat

Why are we not doing what New Zealand do? They have 30 cases in total at the moment and 4 today. All those cases are in managed isolation and quarantine. So there are no cases in the community in New Zealand. The last daily Irish figure I saw is 350 or so.

What are they doing? As far as I know when you have a few cases in a place you have a localised lockdown. You don't follow the Irish and British example of waiting for things to get out of control before implimenting lockdowns that never end.

In my opinion in terms of travel overseas I think you have plague rules. These are harsh and unfair but necessary. There should be basically no coming and going without quarantine. New Zealand are basically containing all their cases at the border. Why don't we do this? New Zealand are living covid free while Ireland and the rest of the world struggles.

Wildweasel74

Some crowd at Wembley, not a mask in site inside or out, and England bound to have worse stats for coronavirus, so how come some game are only allowed 200 people at, pure bollocks, Sinn Feinn will walk into the nxt govt.All they have to do is say nothing. Cause the resentment from the confusing Covid rules will end the current givt.

dublin7

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 29, 2021, 10:46:41 PM
Some crowd at Wembley, not a mask in site inside or out, and England bound to have worse stats for coronavirus, so how come some game are only allowed 200 people at, pure bollocks, Sinn Feinn will walk into the nxt govt.All they have to do is say nothing. Cause the resentment from the confusing Covid rules will end the current givt.

Cases are rising in the UK and I expect restrictions to be reintroduced. England wanted to limit the crowds in Wembley and UEFA told them they'd lose the games for semi final and final if they did. England backed down so this is the result. How that works out is anyone's guess, but it's a hell of a gamble

highorlow

How come covid and delta is spreading so much with everyone wearing masks ?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Armagh18

Quote from: dublin7 on June 29, 2021, 10:55:13 PM

Cases are rising in the UK and I expect restrictions to be reintroduced. England wanted to limit the crowds in Wembley and UEFA told them they'd lose the games for semi final and final if they did. England backed down so this is the result. How that works out is anyone's guess, but it's a hell of a gamble
Love to see it. Not a mission BoJo wants to keep lockdown much longer snd really no excuse at this stage.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2021, 10:57:05 PM

Are they though? It's pretty poor lately from what I can see.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Louther

Quote from: dublin7 on June 29, 2021, 10:55:13 PM

I can't see restrictions coming back in UK. They basically saying now that vaccines are available for everyone and that covid is going to be like the flu and a balance of risk and normalcy has to be found. They are opening up more rather than closing and people are just carrying on as normal - masks, restrictions etc are out the window. UEFA had no influence on capacity for today / each country sets own attendance but they made noise about quarantine for VIPs and guests for semi final and final and UK bowed to that.

You can be sure with them in it, they'll fill the place.

highorlow

QuoteAre they though? It's pretty poor lately from what I can see.

Ah, that's the reason. Go and tell NPHET
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on June 29, 2021, 11:26:39 PM
QuoteAre they though? It's pretty poor lately from what I can see.

Ah, that's the reason. Go and tell NPHET

Most people are double vaccinated and thinking they are fine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

For those that I see not wearing masks none look that unwell, coughing, sneezing, feverish etc. Are we really suggesting they are solely the vectors for "Delta". I've had my 2 jabs and I'm happy to look after myself from now on.

RadioGAAGAA

From Australia - it appears that it can spread between hotel quarantine rooms via the air-con systems.

Obviously each room is not independently HEPA filtered - but that is a very worrying degree of viral persistence.
i usse an speelchekor

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2021, 11:00:37 PM

Are they though? It's pretty poor lately from what I can see.

Very poor in Derry City the last while re masks. Beforehand you could be in a busy shop, maybe 1 without a mask, nowadays the percentage is much much higher.. Hence the spread

Solo_run

Two thirds of 2000 covid cases potentially linked to England Vs Scotland. 300+ cases were at the game.

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 30, 2021, 01:46:10 PM

From Australia - it appears that it can spread between hotel quarantine rooms via the air-con systems.

Obviously each room is not independently HEPA filtered - but that is a very worrying degree of viral persistence.
that's some magic virus.