China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2021, 10:09:56 AM
Quote from: LoutherAt any stage 6 weeks ago did someone say we have to open by 5th July what do we need to do now to make that happen? Maybe with variants that wasn't as apparent but surely forward planning should assume such a scenario and plan as if it will happen. Was any real effort made to made indoor activities safer six weeks ago? Guidance issued?

NPHET can issue guidance, but the relevant authorities will make little effort to enforce it and you'll have a load of publicans who want to run drinking sessions whining.

Quote from: Louther on June 29, 2021, 09:40:25 AM
I can wait 2 weeks but it's the outlook that would concern me. They always seem to find a reason to keep closing or not opening but offer little planning to get things moving. Vaccines seemed the magic solution but apparently not.

Vaccines are the solution, but not everyone is vaccinated yet. The new variant is twice as transmissible as the original, so you need more vaccination to stop it. We will have more vaccination but it takes time to do everyone.

In sporting terms, this is a bit like someone with an injury who the doctor said would be able to play and who when the time comes the doctor says he will have to wait a few more weeks. You don't want a Michael Murphy to go back playing and then have to come off again. But whatever disappointment there is, it does not mean that the doctor is trying to stop the player playing again.

Yes, people will ignore guidance but majority will and put effort into it like we see with the outdoor areas. You can't not do something because some % won't follow it. You then have something to work off as opposed to nothing and it's this do nothing situation that is frustrating people.

Yes, vaccines are the way forward but you have to balance the risks to those unvaccinated and the people who are vacinnated. If they said we can do the 60plus over next two weeks, give us that, fair enough. But why wasn't this decided 4 weeks ago?

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2021, 10:10:59 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 29, 2021, 10:08:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2021, 09:24:35 AM
My daughter is working in a bar in Belfast these last few nights, says the place is full of ones from down South, obviously fed up and heading to Belfast for nights out
No coincidence test the higher case rates are being found in Newry & Derry areas atm either I'd imagine, 2 border Cities with a bit of nightlife about them.

There have been recent clusters in Kilkeel and Castlewellan, hardly party central.
And what? Clusters are clusters, regular higher numbers are a trend. Not sure what you are trying to defend ??? Cross border partying is through the roof

imtommygunn

The longer the south keep these restrictions in place then the longer border towns and the likes of Belfast will thrive. Belfast is bunged with people up from down south on weekends.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 29, 2021, 11:18:22 AM
The longer the south keep these restrictions in place then the longer border towns and the likes of Belfast will thrive. Belfast is bunged with people up from down south on weekends.
Sure you love to see it.

Mario

From the north but unfortunately I booked my wedding over the border before covid, paying €000's at the time so it's not easy to move. Now on our 4th date, due at the end of the month. 50 invites sent out last week and now this news. Honestly at the end of my tether with it all, we are going ahead regardless but at this stage it is a massive blow to potentially have to cut our numbers in half with 3 weeks to go, after all the cuts we've already made.

I know this doesn't impact most people and yes there are more serious things to worry about during a pandemic but this has caused so much stress to couples trying to get married for the last 15 months.

After i'm married I hope to never have to look at Tony Holohan, Sam McConkey and Michael Martin again. Never thought id say this but I nearly appreciate how Stormont and the UK have handled this (post the initial wave).

thebigfella

Quote from: Mario on June 29, 2021, 11:49:26 AM
From the north but unfortunately I booked my wedding over the border before covid, paying €000's at the time so it's not easy to move. Now on our 4th date, due at the end of the month. 50 invites sent out last week and now this news. Honestly at the end of my tether with it all, we are going ahead regardless but at this stage it is a massive blow to potentially have to cut our numbers in half with 3 weeks to go, after all the cuts we've already made.

I know this doesn't impact most people and yes there are more serious things to worry about during a pandemic but this has caused so much stress to couples trying to get married for the last 15 months.

After i'm married I hope to never have to look at Tony Holohan, Sam McConkey and Michael Martin again. Never thought id say this but I nearly appreciate how Stormont and the UK have handled this (post the initial wave).

This is your problem and not the pandemic  ;)

Louther

Bonkers stuff it seems. They keeping all closed until 19th July until they come up with a system to allow vaccinated people indoors for hospitality.

Off bad ideas, this is the baddest of them of all.

Not a clue how to operate a normal business or work in the real world do any of these clowns have. Public service at its very best  ::)

Flights be full overseas, motorway heaving to the north.

Louther

Extension of weddings to 50 is to go ahead it seems. Fingers crossed for you.

mackers

Any indication if there's going to be revised numbers allowed to watch outdoor sport this morning??
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Louther

Quote from: mackers on June 29, 2021, 12:24:51 PM
Any indication if there's going to be revised numbers allowed to watch outdoor sport this morning??

Some increases from 100 to 200 and 200 to 500 it seems depending on venue. At local level for club games this isn't an issue, seen over 200 at u13 games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Louther on June 29, 2021, 12:16:34 PM

Was at a wedding here in the North last week, 120 at it and it was a brilliant night, carried on to the next day at another hotel and to date, a week later, no positive results form anyone who attended
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Over 3,000 cases in Scotland yesterday.
"Hasn't gone away ya know"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Proposal to allow the fully vaccinated eat & drink indoors. The un-clean or lepers in society can stay at home, welcome to the Banana Republic. Blantant & dangerous  discrimination, personally I have no issues getting the vaccine, this however would make me re-consider if it happens.

Mario

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2021, 12:40:16 PM
Quote from: Louther on June 29, 2021, 12:16:34 PM

Was at a wedding here in the North last week, 120 at it and it was a brilliant night, carried on to the next day at another hotel and to date, a week later, no positive results form anyone who attended
Yeah I was at one 2 weeks ago with 140 at it. Makes it all the more sickening we booked over the border.

Yeah I see rumours of 50 to get the go ahead, lets hope so, because I don't fancy dealing with my other half if it's not the case. Tony Holohan's life will be in danger from crazed brides to be!

Taylor

Quote from: Rudi on June 29, 2021, 12:43:33 PM
Proposal to allow the fully vaccinated eat & drink indoors. The un-clean or lepers in society can stay at home, welcome to the Banana Republic. Blantant & dangerous  discrimination, personally I have no issues getting the vaccine, this however would make me re-consider if it happens.

Do you mean if they bring the rule in that you have to be vaccinated to eat/drink indoors you wont be getting the jabs but that if they dont bring the rule in then you will get the jabs?

While not personally knowing you Rudi if that is your logic it doesnt make much sense to me