China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on May 20, 2021, 10:52:37 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 20, 2021, 10:43:07 AM
But there is already evidence of Long Covid. Some pretty grim reading on the impacts of it on people. It's not theoretical. And it seems to be hitting the younger age groups as well.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-20/long-covid-one-in-seven-younger-people-suffer-symptoms-up-to-six-months-after-catching-coronavirus

That's not long term.

If you have had a proper flu in the past you will know that it takes months to get back to 100%.

Long Covid is a complete and utter joke and the oxegen a hypochondriac or a lazy person needs.

Just nonsense. Like all ailments there will be people taking the piss. But your clamour to play down covid is transparent.
There's data coming out linking long Covid with damage to organs. You don't believe in it.  That's fine. I just don't find that creditable at all.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

dublin7

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on May 20, 2021, 11:19:33 AM
A family.member is a doctor and has worked with long covid patients. she was sceptical and there are people who didnt have covid claiming long covid but it is very real and will have long term impacts on previously healthy people, she has seen the impacts on people lungs, heart etc.

I have a work colleague with underlying health issues who got covid. He has recovered from covid (having spent a few months in hospital), but has suffered non-reversible damage to his lungs that he will have to deal with for the rest for his life.

Comparing the long term effects of covid against flu is like comparing night against day

armaghniac

Covid could age you 10 years in terms of damage to parts of your body.

There is also the example of the 24 year old twins in India who died, I'm sure that that their familiy would like to hear Angelo's theories about young people being unaffected.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on May 20, 2021, 12:00:54 PM

There is also the example of the 24 year old twins in India who died, I'm sure that that their familiy would like to hear Angelo's theories about young people being unaffected.

So can smoking, infact, I edited this bit, it's probably more than 10 years.

Yet there hasn't been one single message from our Govt(s) that maybe it's not a good idea to slowly kill ourselves in the midst of a pandemic, that you know, attacks the Respiratory system.

Why?

Franko

But there is already evidence of Long Covid. Some pretty grim reading on the impacts of it on people. It's not theoretical. And it seems to be hitting the younger age groups as well.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-20/long-covid-one-in-seven-younger-people-suffer-symptoms-up-to-six-months-after-catching-coronavirus

That's not long term.

If you have had a proper flu in the past you will know that it takes months to get back to 100%.

Long Covid is a complete and utter joke and the oxegen a hypochondriac or a lazy person needs.

How many months does it take to get back to 100% if you've suffered from non-reversible lung damage?

trueblue1234

Quote from: dublin7 on May 20, 2021, 11:56:04 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on May 20, 2021, 11:19:33 AM
A family.member is a doctor and has worked with long covid patients. she was sceptical and there are people who didnt have covid claiming long covid but it is very real and will have long term impacts on previously healthy people, she has seen the impacts on people lungs, heart etc.

I have a work colleague with underlying health issues who got covid. He has recovered from covid (having spent a few months in hospital), but has suffered non-reversible damage to his lungs that he will have to deal with for the rest for his life.

Comparing the long term effects of covid against flu is like comparing night against day
Let's not underplay Flu either. It can have serious long term effects as well. Which is why people should be encouraged to take the flu vaccine as well.

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on May 20, 2021, 12:19:04 PM

That's not long term.

How many months does it take to get back to 100% if you've suffered from non-reversible lung damage?

I was unaware Covid was the only thing that causes non-reversible lung damage.

Was also unaware how we suddenly have so many respiratory experts on the forum?

Or maybe we just have chaps like you speaking authoritatively on things they neither know about or understand?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on May 20, 2021, 12:00:54 PM

This is the disingenuous and purely speculative nonsense that has become par the course for the zealots on here.

Forget the truth, forge the facts, forget things we actually and just engage in hysterical and unproven speculation to pedal your agenda.

imtommygunn

QuoteLong term effects of Covid and long term effects of vaccines cancel each other out.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2021, 01:27:35 PM
QuoteLong term effects of Covid and long term effects of vaccines cancel each other out.

They are both unknown.

I don't know how many times you have to be told that using them as an argument is self-defeating. I can repeat it over and over again but I can't do anymore if you're still struggling to accept something so basic and self-explanatory.

PadraicHenryPearse

long covid effects are not unknown. see my previous post.

imtommygunn

There's a poor girl who was meant to work with us is still down with it 8 months later - she's 21, fit, doesn't drink and doesn't smoke. Denying it exists is either just being argumentative or stupid tbh.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on May 20, 2021, 01:30:46 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2021, 01:27:35 PM

They are both unknown.

I don't know how many times you have to be told that using them as an argument is self-defeating. I can repeat it over and over again but I can't do anymore if you're still struggling to accept something so basic and self-explanatory.
Documented medical evidence of irreversible damage to organs is long term damage. Claiming it's not is just bizarre.

Angelo

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on May 20, 2021, 01:39:03 PM
long covid effects are not unknown. see my previous post.

They are unknown.