China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on May 11, 2021, 11:16:32 AM
QuoteYou sound really annoyed that the vaccine is sorting out this pandemic.I really don't understand that view point.

To infer that from what I have stated is nonsense.

To state that the vaccine is sorting out this "pandemic" is correct to a certain extent, particularly among the elderly.
Opposing voice = Conspiracy Theorist

Well said, + 1 and all that..

Anyone that wouldn't want to protect the elderly is a cnut in my view.

Vaccinating everyone is the way forward, as you have said in your post the vaccine is sorting out this pandemic, well said, anyone that thinks not getting vaccinated and not at risk of spreading the virus is a dick

In your view we should have just give up on the elderly, the nursing homes and hospitals and went about as nothing happened , surprised your mate didn't throw in words like you're a Nazi or his fav, Zealot (shakes head)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Why are they overcrowded?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: highorlow on May 11, 2021, 11:16:32 AMplus we have all these "new variants" around.

If we are 80% vaccinated by end of June and the vaccine sorts this out why can't we get back to normal fully at this stage?
If someone gives me an acceptable scientific reason to not be back to full "normal" by the end of June I would like to hear from them.

"We" don't have all these "new variants" around. Various parts of the world have new variants.

Its in our best interests to keep those variants as far from these shores as possible - as there is always the chance it compromises the vulnerable that have been vaccinated and pushes us back toward square one. Thus, if you ask for "full normal" I'd say grand by end of June (in NI, prob not ROI quite yet vaccinations aren't where they need to be) - but full normal is internal to island only and not jetting off to the four corners of the world.

With regards why its different now from 12 months or even 9 months ago - 20 year old Jimmy isn't asymptomatically carting home the virus to his parents (who are more vulnerable) who in turn also pass it on to his grand parents (who are extremely vulnerable). Now the grandparents are vaccinated and probably the parents are too. Its not too hard to fathom really.

As to why cases aren't up in the age group, who knows. Could be signs of virus burnout - most viral mutations increase transmissability with a reduction in lethality. So even more of the younger generations may be shrugging it off with only brief symptoms.

Lockdowns absolutely were required. As the majority were too stupid to take the right precautions and behave sensibly when advice was more nuanced. Therefore a "one-size fits all"  (aka don't give the stupid room to do it wrong) was a necessary evil.

You'd think you'd take one look at whats happening in India right now and realise just why lockdowns here were needed. Its hard to fathom how anyone could be so fukking thick they couldn't realise that.
i usse an speelchekor

Captain Obvious

Farrandeelin

How dangerous is this Indian variant? 61 cases of this strain reported in the south yesterday I see on twitter this morning. Will it cause the govt to delay anything, or worse still another lockdown in the middle of the summer?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 16, 2021, 09:23:46 AM
How dangerous is this Indian variant? 61 cases of this strain reported in the south yesterday I see on twitter this morning. Will it cause the govt to delay anything, or worse still another lockdown in the middle of the summer?

Sure it's only a mild dose of the flu, best ignored..

I jest, rapid testing and tracking needs to be done, needs to be contained

sid waddell

The danger is in its transmissibility

The Kent variant was a lot more transmissible than the original version

And this is a lot more transmissible again

Which means at a population level its more serious for the public health situation than a hypothetically more lethal variant with the same transmissibility of original Covid

We in the Republic are well behind the UK in vaccination terms, so it's more of a worry for us than for them, though that is not to say it's not a worry for the UK

If you have three to four million people unvaccinated, it has the potential to cause serious harm - possibly not on the scale of January, but serious harm all the same

And it poses real problems in terms of opening society

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2021, 09:31:38 AM

Sure it's only a mild dose of the flu, best ignored..

I jest, rapid testing and tracking needs to be done, needs to be contained
The truth is it isn't going to be contained

We're sleepwalking into a very wide spread of the Indian variant

In the Republic, I would suggest that 7-8k cases per day at some point over the next month or two is far from an impossibility

bennydorano

Is (or has he already) Bojo going f**k up his vaccination victory lap by letting the Indian variant get a strong foothold? English Nationalists will forgive him for pretty much anything bar denying them their promised freedoms. All for the sake of an Indian trade deal.

armaghniac

Potentially good news from Australian research, anti viral kills 99.9% of the Covid19 in mice.
https://www.miragenews.com/researchers-develop-direct-acting-antiviral-to-561245/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

Variants aren't the problem it's the amount of people mixing before a good portion of this population is vaccinated. In India they had many millions celebrate the hindu festival with little care towards the spread of covid.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RadioGAAGAA

How dangerous is this Indian variant?

It doesn't seem to be a problem.

But at the rate govts and stupid people around the world keep making a f**k up of it - its only a matter of time before a variant comes along that is a problem.
i usse an speelchekor

highorlow

QuoteIt doesn't seem to be a problem.

You would say that....cause you appear to be right about everything.....

Quote"We" don't have all these "new variants" around.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

trailer

The Indian variant is more transmissible there no evidence to suggest it more lethal. The vaccines work against it. Most people in hospital in England are entitled to the vaccine and choose not to get it.

Get vaccinated and this all goes away.

Interesting the vaccine up take is less in poorer areas and areas with poorer educational outcomes.