China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Seems to be a lot of noise around Cummings and Boris at the minute. I am not sure where the furore about Boris saying he'd let the bodies pile up rather than have another lockdown came from but if he is recorded saying then ,even for him, I think he could be in trouble. As usual though it'll likely just be glossed over.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 26, 2021, 09:16:52 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 26, 2021, 12:23:34 PM
Irresponsible article there, mentions the lockdown like nothing is working and it's a major unexplained crisis.

Makes no mention to Covid running wild being entirely their own fault for the sake of a religious festival.

You can't help people who don't want to be helped.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-millions-of-indians-travel-to-celebrate-maha-kumbh-mela-despite-rising-coronavirus-rates-12273435

Whatever the country journalists especially in tabloid newspapers are falling over themselves to blame any surge on a more dangerous and deadly variant. The India situation is mostly to do with their super spreader event.

India was always going to be ravaged, questionable hygiene, very questionable cultural habits (in the midst of something like this), vastly overpopulated cities bordering on saturation. Perfect environment for Covid to ravage.

I feel sorry for those who didn't attend the Religious events and tried to do what was right, of course I'm sure the right vastly outnumbered the wrong but I've absolutely no sympathy for the Indian Govt letting these mass religious events go ahead in the current world climate, absolutely crazy decision to let millions gather for the sake of Religion, I get that Religion is very important to people....but, seriously.

They'll pay the price now, there won't be a country lets in someone from India through their borders for the foreseeable.

imtommygunn

Not to go into religion but my da is an example... if it was a choice between missing mass or put yourself in a position where you could catch covid but not miss mass he'd choose the latter every time. The biggest surprise for me is that he has been able to not go to mass during this though to be fair they do well with the drive through setup where I am from.

The bigger thing with the event is the people who put it on not the fact that people went to it. Especially in poorer countries religion is a big form of hope etc for people and it would be engrained in them to not miss these things.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on April 27, 2021, 09:25:39 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2021, 07:28:55 PM
If this is getting it right, I'm glad we got it so wrong!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/4/26/india-sets-new-covid-world-record-for-5th-straight-day-live-news

When you say we, who do you mean?

UK fucked up as well. Boris wanted the UK to take it on the chin, didn't care if the bodies were piled high and held off on the lockdowns and he's the highest death rate in all of Europe.

They fucked up test and trace and still are. The vaccine is their only saving grace and India helped produce quite a lot of them.

We as in getting the vaccine roll out right, everything else was a complete disaster for sure, but if he had have fucked that up then that government would have been binned, by all accounts on the polls (according to 5 live this morning) the tories are doing well, which does begger belief, but the English have a very short memory.

India have fucked up because their gods will save them and what will be will be said one lady on Channel 4 news last night, the government allowed these religious celebrations and by the very nature of the over populated cities the virus would rip right through it regardless of lockdowns.

On the news this morning on the way into work, even the Tory editor of their own paper is questioning Boris on the piling them high, which I firmly believe he said as that would be crass comment that he would come out with, whether he said it in a bluster type and actually not meaning it is up for debate.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Stamer is useless - that is why.

Boris doesn't care about anybody bar himself so nothing he could say would be much of a surprise.

smelmoth

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 27, 2021, 11:17:53 AM

Boris doesn't care about anybody bar himself so nothing he could say would be much of a surprise.

What do you reckon Starmer should do or should have already done?

imtommygunn

He's not firm enough. He does bits and pieces holding Boris to account but not enough. This government is atrocious - if he was in any way doing a good job surely labour would be at least catching up with them in the polls?

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 27, 2021, 11:55:41 AM
He's not firm enough. He does bits and pieces holding Boris to account but not enough. This government is atrocious - if he was in any way doing a good job surely labour would be at least catching up with them in the polls?

Starmer and Labour were polling alright until Johnson pulled the vaccine out of his arse.

The enormous Tory majority means it's a long game, with lots of swinging and bouncing all the way to 2024.

There'll be plenty of ammo for the opposition once the fog begins to lift on Covid and Brexit. Probably better to pick their moments a bit closer to election time.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 27, 2021, 01:19:55 PM
The enormous Tory majority means it's a long game, with lots of swinging and bouncing all the way to 2024.
If the Tories should win in 2024, then by the time the next election is due (2029), there won't have been a Labour government for nearly two decades (i.e. since May 2010).

The real problem for them is not the usual "swing and bounce" etc, or even their current problems in their traditional North of England heartland.

Rather it is that they've lost Scotland (possibly forever?) and are struggling in Wales, both of which have always been critical to their forming a government in the past.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

johnnycool

Quote from: smelmoth on April 27, 2021, 11:47:39 AM

He lets him away with his constant lying. Starmer is too nice and needs to put two feet into Boris at all opportunities.

He's even worse on Brexit.

Angelo

Starmer is just a Diet Tory. The British media will have no problem facilitating him when the Tories crumble.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 27, 2021, 01:57:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Ricketts on April 27, 2021, 01:19:55 PM
If the Tories should win in 2024, then by the time the next election is due (2029), there won't have been a Labour government for nearly two decades (i.e. since May 2010).

The real problem for them is not the usual "swing and bounce" etc, or even their current problems in their traditional North of England heartland.

Rather it is that they've lost Scotland (possibly forever?) and are struggling in Wales, both of which have always been critical to their forming a government in the past.

Yeah the SNP have murdered them in scotland. Haven't followed that closely what has gone on in Wales.

There does appear to be a bit more of a squeeze happening with Johnson and his lies at the minute. I imagine it will fizzle out but at least there is something.

Stamer for me is what Angelo says. He's a bit Tony Blair esque and is arguably more Tory than Labour.

smelmoth

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 27, 2021, 11:55:41 AM

Wishy washy stuff that. Anything specific that he should do?

smelmoth

Quote from: johnnycool on April 27, 2021, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on April 27, 2021, 11:47:39 AM

He lets him away with his constant lying. Starmer is too nice and needs to put two feet into Boris at all opportunities.

He's even worse on Brexit.

Labour's electoral fortunes hang on winning the pro Brexit north. What do you think he should do?

How exactly does he let Johnson away with lies? I agree Johnson is lying and up to this point anyway getting away with it. But is it Starmer that is letting him away with it?

smelmoth

Quote from: Angelo on April 27, 2021, 02:07:32 PM
Starmer is just a Diet Tory. The British media will have no problem facilitating him when the Tories crumble.

Explain?