China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on April 04, 2021, 09:46:42 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2021, 09:33:36 AM
Quote from: Angelo on April 04, 2021, 09:03:40 AM
Cases fall and rise regardless of lockdowns.

You look at the likes of South Africa, India and Sweden who have not engaged in draconian lockdowns since last summer. How much worse have they fared than countries like Germany, Italy and France who have had draconian lockdowns in that time?

Probably better if truth be told.

Eventually the slow learners will realise this.

Are they rising in the north? The only thing rising in the North is vaccinated people.

Vaccine roll out in Germany/France is slow, numbers are high, let's see when they have rolled out big numbers with the vaccine.

But you'd rather no lockdowns and no vaccine, talk about a slow learner

I'm not against vaccines but I'd be very wary of them myself. If I was in an at risk category I would certainly be willing to take it as the benefits outweigh the risks but for my demograph there is no upside to it and the AZ one in particular would likely seem more dangerous than anything.

According to this I have a 1 in 167,000 chance of dying from Covid and a 1 in 5,500 chance of being hospitalised. I haven't tested positive for Covid in a year of its existence or maybe I've had it without knowing.

https://qcovid.org/Home/AcademicLicence?licencedUrl=%2FCalculation

Vaccinate the vulnerable groupings and get on with it.

What's the odds of you catching Covid and spreading it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

The flu season that one
Ya know the people that really starts coming to the fore from November right through to March and then dies down to very manageable cases throughout the rest of the year
Although we will never stop flu cases in ye summer months but we just get on with it
That season

imtommygunn

Why are France in another lockdown then if it's seasonal? Our numbers went down during the harshest parts of winter.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2021, 09:59:00 AM

You look at the likes of South Africa, India and Sweden who have not engaged in draconian lockdowns since last summer. How much worse have they fared than countries like Germany, Italy and France who have had draconian lockdowns in that time?

Are they rising in the north? The only thing rising in the North is vaccinated people.

Vaccine roll out in Germany/France is slow, numbers are high, let's see when they have rolled out big numbers with the vaccine.

I'm not against vaccines but I'd be very wary of them myself. If I was in an at risk category I would certainly be willing to take it as the benefits outweigh the risks but for my demograph there is no upside to it and the AZ one in particular would likely seem more dangerous than anything.

According to this I have a 1 in 167,000 chance of dying from Covid and a 1 in 5,500 chance of being hospitalised. I haven't tested positive for Covid in a year of its existence or maybe I've had it without knowing.

I haven't got it a year in.

Asymptomatically - probably the same as a vaccinated person as you generally wouldn't know you'd have it.

Symptomatically I would do my isolation period so again probably the same as a vaccinated person.

So I would say there would be little difference really.

As for the odds of me catching Covid. I haven't caught it yet that I know of.

You also seem to ignore the fact that evidence says vaccines do not stop contraction and transmission of Covid. They merely serve to reduce the level of severity of the virus on you.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Smurfy123

There wasn't 1 single flu recorded this year. Do you not think the positive covid cases were in fact a flu?
Why didn't our cases go through the roof when we opened up in June last year? We had affectively every single thing open in June July august and September?
Work that one out

Milltown Row2

So you think Covid is flu?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 04, 2021, 10:18:25 AM
There wasn't 1 single flu recorded this year. Do you not think the positive covid cases were in fact a flu?
Why didn't our cases go through the roof when we opened up in June last year? We had affectively every single thing open in June July august and September?
Work that one out

The lads who bang the drum about lockdowns working were all held back in the slow learners class.

The penny might eventually drop.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on April 04, 2021, 10:16:01 AM

Asymptomatically - probably the same as a vaccinated person as you generally wouldn't know you'd have it.

Symptomatically I would do my isolation period so again probably the same as a vaccinated person.

You also seem to ignore the fact that evidence says vaccines do not stop contraction and transmission of Covid. They merely serve to reduce the level of severity of the virus on you.

So with all those odds you've used and links you've put up you can't give me odds on spreading it?

dublin7

Work that one out

So you're saying the medical professionals don't know the difference between flu and Covid?

I know the NHS/HSE have their problems, but I didn't realise they have staff working for them that don't know what they're doing

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2021, 10:35:52 AM
Quote from: Angelo on April 04, 2021, 10:16:01 AM

So with all those odds you've used and links you've put up you can't give me odds on spreading it?

I can't spread if I don't get it.

Getting the vaccine neither stops me from contracting it or transmitting it.

Milltown Row2

How do you know you haven't had it and then give it to someone?

GetOverTheBar

Really had enough of this all now. After the fiasco of last night. Basically you can do what you want criminally now but the rest of us can do nothing that try to abide by the rules.

Embarrasing scenes in the North last night. People were willing to look past the Rangers thing, can't see the message being heeded any longer.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on April 04, 2021, 10:34:31 AM
Work that one out

The lads who bang the drum about lockdowns working were all held back in the slow learners class.

The penny might eventually drop.

Angelo you've been referring to flu's and no flu's recorded, just new variants of Covid.

What do you mean exactly?

Am I too assume from your references that, Covid is just a new flu variant that has mutated to becoming more life threatening to the worldwide and not just in the winter months?

Or that Covid is actually flu and we should have just treated it as such and continued with limited restrictions?
Or Covid is real and not flu at all and with a closed border attitude we could have saved more lives?

Plus seasonally,  is it just in the winter months that it's worse or do we take in Autumn and Spring? 

imtommygunn

Work that one out

1. No
2. Don't know. Variants a factor I imagine but I don't know the answer and tbh not too many do.
3. No we didn't. Restaurants limited, many working from home, bars limited, how many packed stadiums did you see? The list goes on and on there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 04, 2021, 12:15:28 PM
Really had enough of this all now. After the fiasco of last night. Basically you can do what you want criminally now but the rest of us can do nothing that try to abide by the rules.

Embarrasing scenes in the North last night. People were willing to look past the Rangers thing, can't see the message being heeded any longer.

There has been loads of protests, last nights was just another example of people not giving a shit, but opening the pubs won't make it any better.

I'd open today if there was to be no more lockdowns. Can you guarantee that the admissions will continue to fall if we open up?