China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 09:32:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2021, 07:43:24 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 25, 2021, 07:31:06 AM
Angelo has been made look very very silly the last few days when it come's to covid. I can't see any way back from him in the argument - his arguments were destroyed.

He's just proved to be a WUM, even entered the golf thread and was caught out also

But I expect he'll dust it down and come back with more shite, when all you've got is four walls and a computer there's not much else to do
Angelo has been made look very very silly the last few days when it come's to covid. I can't see any way back from him in the argument - his arguments were destroyed.

Tweedledumb and Tweedledee have been two of the archetypal deferential types who do not seem to have the intelligence to question anything from an "expert". The term nodding donkeys comes to mind.

Tell me this, do both of you geniuses believe we eliminated winter flu this winter season?

Do both of you geniuses actually believe lockdowns have been successful?

You only need to look at the numbers to see that the current lockdown was both needed and has helped saved many lives. Deaths have gone from 25% above average at the start of the year to around normal in recent weeks, hospital numbers have dropped 90% and case numbers by something similar. This will hopefully have bought time for the vaccine to kick in leading to much less loss of life going forward.

We would be in an awful place now if we'd left everything opened in January and many hundreds more would have died with both covid and the effects of the health service being overwhelmed.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2021, 10:07:09 AM

He's just proved to be a WUM, even entered the golf thread and was caught out also

But I expect he'll dust it down and come back with more shite, when all you've got is four walls and a computer there's not much else to do

Tweedledumb and Tweedledee have been two of the archetypal deferential types who do not seem to have the intelligence to question anything from an "expert". The term nodding donkeys comes to mind.

Tell me this, do both of you geniuses believe we eliminated winter flu this winter season?

No, they haven't been done right at all, they were half arsed and we failed with track and trace also. I can't answer for someone else though.

Winter flu has been a success this year, we should follow some of these procedures every year and that will stop people dying from the flu. Using the measures we have been using has stopped the movement of the flu, people bringing the flu in has been reduced also. If you can't see that as a factor then you are dumber than I thought, and that's a low bar.

Do you feel that the lockdowns have not saved more lives had we just let her rip?

Who is advocating let her rip? Not me anyway so if you want to have that argument you better have it with someone else.

I feel lockdowns are causing more harm than doing good. Countries who haven't had draconian lockdowns since the first wave last year like Sweden, South Africa and India haven't really fared much if any worse at all than countries who did impose draconian lockdowns.

We are being told by the experts we had no winter flu this season.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/no-cases-of-flu-reported-in-ireland-during-thewinter-40223398.html

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/no-flu-cases-detected-in-england-this-year-to-date/

Do you believe this is true?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 25, 2021, 10:12:11 AM

You only need to look at the numbers to see that the current lockdown was both needed and has helped saved many lives. Deaths have gone from 25% above average at the start of the year to around normal in recent weeks, hospital numbers have dropped 90% and case numbers by something similar. This will hopefully have bought time for the vaccine to kick in leading to much less loss of life going forward.

We would be in an awful place now if we'd left everything opened in January and many hundreds more would have died with both covid and the effects of the health service being overwhelmed.

How can you say that?

Loads of people did die despite a severe lockdown being more or less in place since early October bar a week or two.

The numbers conclude lockdowns have been an overwhelming failure.

Milltown Row2

So if we didn't have lockdowns then we would have less deaths? I'm confused enlighten me on that one please.

And please stop bringing in South Africa, Its been a shit show from the start, you brought in India and that's also a shit show
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 10:14:24 AM

No, they haven't been done right at all, they were half arsed and we failed with track and trace also. I can't answer for someone else though.

Winter flu has been a success this year, we should follow some of these procedures every year and that will stop people dying from the flu. Using the measures we have been using has stopped the movement of the flu, people bringing the flu in has been reduced also. If you can't see that as a factor then you are dumber than I thought, and that's a low bar.

Do you feel that the lockdowns have not saved more lives had we just let her rip?

Who is advocating let her rip? Not me anyway so if you want to have that argument you better have it with someone else.

I feel lockdowns are causing more harm than doing good. Countries who haven't had draconian lockdowns since the first wave last year like Sweden, South Africa and India haven't really fared much if any worse at all than countries who did impose draconian lockdowns.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/no-cases-of-flu-reported-in-ireland-during-thewinter-40223398.html

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/no-flu-cases-detected-in-england-this-year-to-date/

Do you even read your own links?

No flu cases were detected in the last seven weeks thanks to 'changes in our behaviour', Public Health England (PHE) has said.

According to the latest PHE data, its respiratory datamart flu surveillance system detected no influenza positive samples between 28 December 2020 and 14 February 2021.

Just one positive flu case was detected out of 1,075 samples tested between 21 December and 29 December 2020.

The weekly flu reports also reveal that there were very few hospital or ICU/HDU admissions for flu within the same period – with just seven hospital admissions and one ICU/HDU admission between 21 December and 14 February.

PHE head of flu Dr Vanessa Saliba said both public health guidance and restrictions as well as high flu vaccination uptake have likely led to the low levels of flu circulating this season.

She said: 'The decrease in flu cases this year is likely due to changes in our behaviour, such as social distancing, face coverings and handwashing, as well as the reduction in international travel.

That's everything that I said earlier and you don't need a masters to understand how that would work
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2021, 10:18:24 AM
So if we didn't have lockdowns then we would have less deaths? I'm confused enlighten me on that one please.

And please stop bringing in South Africa, Its been a shit show from the start, you brought in India and that's also a shit show

Who said that?

And the UK is a shitshow too, so is Ireland, so if France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, the US.

All countries which have had draconian lockdowns for the most part of the past 12 month.

The thing is the countries who went the non-lockdown route have not fared compartively worse off over the past 12 months.

The impacts of lockdown's on people's lives, their livelihoods, their employment, their mental health, their physical well being, the impact of kids and vulnerable people with disabilities have been enormous.

The positive impacts of lockdowns seem to be almost negligible.

It's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 10:23:09 AM

Who said that?

And the UK is a shitshow too, so is Ireland, so if France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, the US.

All countries which have had draconian lockdowns for the most part of the past 12 month.

The thing is the countries who went the non-lockdown route have not fared compartively worse off over the past 12 months.

The impacts of lockdown's on people's lives, their livelihoods, their employment, their mental health, their physical well being, the impact of kids and vulnerable people with disabilities have been enormous.

It's the definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Fair enough point Angelo, although I genuinely do believe that this is the last lockdown in UK/NI. We are nearly there.

trueblue1234

Flu has been destroyed, destroyed I tell ya.

Why? Because the measures put in place for Covid also help prevent flu spreading. So I would fully expect flu levels to plummet.

Why do we not put these measures in place every year?

Because measures are proportionate to risk.

Why did we accept levels of death in 17/18? Are only Covid deaths important?

No, that was an outlier, and that level of deaths happened in normal circumstances without a lockdown.
There was a lockdown and we still nearly surpassed the highest "winter flu season" in 40 years.

I hope that expedited our discussion.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 25, 2021, 10:25:34 AM

Why? Because the measures put in place for Covid also help prevent flu spreading. So I would fully expect flu levels to plummet.

No, that was an outlier, and that level of deaths happened in normal circumstances without a lockdown.
There was a lockdown and we still nearly surpassed the highest "winter flu season" in 40 years.

You swallow that perception that we have eliminated flu this year, unequivocally without contention?

Covid was rampant over Winter but no flu existed.

I find that strange.

But hey when lockdowns don't work you can always create a new distracter and blame it on them - hmmmmm, let us call them variants.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 10:28:20 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 25, 2021, 10:25:34 AM

You swallow that perception that we have eliminated flu this year, unequivocally without contention?

Covid was rampant over Winter but no flu existed.

I find that strange.

But hey when lockdowns don't work you can always create a new distracter and blame it on them - hmmmmm, let us call them variants.

I'm really disappointed you didn't agree with me.  :'(
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

You can't teach stupid.

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on March 25, 2021, 10:33:33 AM
You can't teach stupid.

Maybe when they make it a subject you can follow your vocation. Until then......

Milltown Row2

Who said that?

New Zealand? Australia? do you feel their lockdowns were draconian?

In other news, since getting the vaccine my internet reception in the house has improved

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2021, 10:35:50 AM

Who said that?

New Zealand? Australia? do you feel their lockdowns were draconian?

In other news, since getting the vaccine my internet reception in the house has improved

New Zealand pursued a zero Covid strategy from the outset. That's a different matter, the only effective way to do zero covid was from the outset, no point closing the gate when the horse has bolted.

Most countries had draconian lockdowns in the first wave, I had no issue with it then as it was to buy time and put in place the mechanisms and resources to be able to move forward with but governments failed and lockdowns and spinning us yarns about variants are their only reaction to it. I've given you plenty of examples of countries who have not introduced draconian lockdowns since last summer, comparatively they have not fared any worse than countries who have been in draconian lockdowns since last October?

You don't find yourself questioning the benefits of lockdowns with that in mind?

Armagh18

No haircuts to midsummer? When every barber and hairdresser in the country is working off the books and claiming pandemic payments, they'll be loving it!!