China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on March 24, 2021, 01:29:17 PM
I hope this thread is archived and logged because some of you guys are going to lack back at your former selves and realise what a pillock you were.

South Africa is another good example.

23k daily cases now down to 1k daily cases.

That's the result of a lockdown, right?

WRONG. South Africa had not lockdown and it has the experts perplexed.

Lockdowns do not work.

So SA done nothing? Why do you lie so when it can be easily checked.

SA had a state for emergency from December through to start of March. They've been at their level 3 in all that time and lifted it for March to go back to level 1 when their cases had fallen. Their level 3 covers much same as outs but goes further in having 9pm curfews unless for essential reason. You couldn't buy alcohol at level 3. Lots of varying levels of restrictions and rules.

Reading your post above you think they just say on their hands!

Plus they required help from Cuba who flew medical teams in as all hospitals over run and they've a death rate of over 3%.

What do you define as lockdown? As I'm struggling to see anywhere that hasn't some form of lockdown or restrictions unless you look to Australia or NZ.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on March 24, 2021, 02:15:10 PM
I hope this thread is archived and logged because some of you guys are going to lack back at your former selves and realise what a pillock you were.

Lockdowns do not work.

So SA done nothing? Why do you lie so when it can be easily checked.

SA had a state for emergency from December through to start of March. They've been at their level 3 in all that time and lifted it for March to go back to level 1 when their cases had fallen. Their level 3 covers much same as outs but goes further in having 9pm curfews unless for essential reason. You couldn't buy alcohol at level 3. Lots of varying levels of restrictions and rules.

Reading your post above you think they just say on their hands!

Plus they required help from Cuba who flew medical teams in as all hospitals over run and they've a death rate of over 3%.

What do you define as lockdown? As I'm struggling to see anywhere that hasn't some form of lockdown or restrictions unless you look to Australia or NZ.

If you could stick to the facts rather than putting words in my mouth that would appreciated

South Africa did not have a lockdown. Their case numbers fell dramatically without severe restrictions.

This of course flies in the face of you and other lockdown zealots.

Sweden have not had a lockdown and comparatively have fared much the same as countries across Europe who have endured severe and draconian lockdowns.

We can put you back in the slow learners class when this is all over. I really hope this thread is preserved and we can remind us of the lads who like to deferentially take their orders from "experts" without engaging their brain.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Louther

You've been fishing for bites the last few days and sorry I bit but what you said is totally wrong and factually incorrect.

You've been destroyed yet again by posting lies and avoiding the truth.

When all this is done you should look for a job with some of the scummy tabloid papers who peddle the kind of narrative you thrive on.

You must have a shocking lonely existence when you have to rely on this board to feel important.

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on March 24, 2021, 02:33:00 PM
You've been fishing for bites the last few days and sorry I bit but what you said is totally wrong and factually incorrect.

You've been destroyed yet again by posting lies and avoiding the truth.

When all this is done you should look for a job with some of the scummy tabloid papers who peddle the kind of narrative you thrive on.

You must have a shocking lonely existence when you have to rely on this board to feel important.

I'm not looking for bites. I'm pointing out the idiocy of posters who here who don't seem to engage their brain on whatever "experts" say.

The latest one down south is that Covid isn't being spread in schools, it's being spread through play dates and of course the idiots swallow this on without questioning the logic or data behind it.

You seem to want to try and argue something I haven't said as you don't have any coherent argument on how countries who have not imposed draconian lockdowns have not fared any worse than countries who have.

Lockdowns do not work, that is established but maybe you want the right messenger to tell you that, one who you feel such deference to that you will not question him (or her).

Louther

What is your defination of lockdown? Cause we aren't in one judging by what SA done which you say wasn't a lockdown.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Angelo on March 24, 2021, 02:59:07 PM
Lockdowns do not work, that is established...

Quote from: Angelo on March 24, 2021, 02:24:21 PM
Sweden have not had a lockdown and comparatively have fared much the same as countries across Europe who have endured severe and draconian lockdowns.
Bullshit!

When you compare the Covid Mortality Rate per 100k of Population, you'll see that Sweden has fared far worse than its Nordic Neighbours, with whom it is best comparable:

Iceland - 8.20
Norway - 12.21
Finland - 14.64
Denmark - 41.47
Sweden - 130.75
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Of course Iceland had it somewhat easier for being an island, whilst Denmark had it harder being connected by land to mainland Europe.
Nonetheless, having a mortality rate 9 x times that of Finland to the east and 11 x times that of Norway to the west, both of which imposed lockdowns, tells a clear and unambiguous story.

Not only that, but Sweden didn't even escape the blow to its economy that lockdown causes - in fact it came off worse than its neighbours who did lockdown:

Sweden's GDP fell 8.6% during the second quarter of the year, according to its statistics body.
The fall is sharper than its neighbors — Denmark registered a 7.4% fall, and Finland a 3.2% fall. Statistics suggest Norway also fared better than Sweden.
Sweden decided not to pursue a nationwide lockdown, unlike most European nation. The statistics show this did not help its economy.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sweden-gdp-falls-8pc-in-q2-worse-nordic-neighbors-2020-8?op=1&r=US&IR=T
[August 2020 is the most recent, easily laid-out figures I can find, but I believe the trend continued throughout the year]

Further, I say "formal" lockdown, since it is misleading to consider that Sweden didn't institute any restrictions. For example, some lower age schools were closed and gatherings over a certain number were prohibited. There were many other recommendations re. social distancing and mask-wearing issued, whilst many people/organisations/companies observed voluntary restrictions. This latter was evidenced eg by a significant fall in public transport tickets bought and a fall in credit card transactions.

Yet despite this, as the failure of their inital "herd immunity" strategy became ever more evident (undeniable), the country was forced to admit this and issue further restrictions, eg:

Nov.2020 -
No-lockdown Sweden toughens up restrictions as coronavirus cases rise:
Sweden appears to be changing tack and implementing stricter measures as a second wave of infections takes hold and hospitalizations rise.
On Monday, it announced that public gatherings of more than eight people were no longer allowed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/17/sweden-toughens-up-coronavirus-rules-as-infections-and-deaths-rise.html

Dec.2020 -
Sweden's king has said his country "failed" to save lives with its relatively relaxed approach to the coronavirus pandemic.
Sweden, which has never imposed a full lockdown, has seen nearly 350,000 cases and more than 7,800 deaths - a lot more than its Scandinavian neighbours.
Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said he agreed with the king's remarks.
"Of course the fact that so many have died can't be considered as anything other than a failure," Mr Lofven told reporters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55347021

Jan.2021 -
What you can be fined for under Sweden's [latest] pandemic law:
Sweden's new pandemic law gives the government power to introduce extra measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus, and if you break these, you could face fines or other legal sanctions.

As of January 19th, the measures introduced under the law mostly applied to businesses rather than individuals. For example, shops, gyms and sports facilities are limited to a maximum of one person per ten square metres of usable space (not shelves or cash registers), and these limits must be stated in risk assessments and advertised on signs at every entrance, and stated in mandatory risk assessments.

https://www.thelocal.se/20210119/what-can-you-be-fined-for-and-for-how-much-under-swedens-pandemic-law/

Feb.2021 -
New closing time: Sweden's rolls out more coronavirus rules for restaurants

From Monday, all restaurants and cafés in Sweden will have to close at 8.30pm under rules that will shortly be put forward by the Public Health Agency.
The regulation will apply regardless of whether or not the venues serve alcohol. Sweden has previously banned bars and restaurants from serving alcohol after 8pm, but due to a loophole in the law they have been able to remain open much longer in the evening. They would now have to shut their doors completely at 8.30pm.

https://www.thelocal.se/20210224/swedish-prime-minister-calls-press-conference-new-coronavirus-measures/

"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Milltown Row2

Lockdowns do not work.

My neighbour and friend is from South Africa, his father has passed away and he has not been able to get home for over a year because of covid restrictions and lockdowns, you are a f**king pillock.

He said the place is coming down with covid, the same covid which killed his dad and the rest of his family suffered with the covid related health problems.

The problem you have is you are full of shit, you read a stat somewhere and take it as fact.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Retards will be retards.

They even go full retard from time to time.
i usse an speelchekor

Redhand Santa

Angelo has been made look very very silly the last few days when it come's to covid. I can't see any way back from him in the argument - his arguments were destroyed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 25, 2021, 07:31:06 AM
Angelo has been made look very very silly the last few days when it come's to covid. I can't see any way back from him in the argument - his arguments were destroyed.

He's just proved to be a WUM, even entered the golf thread and was caught out also

But I expect he'll dust it down and come back with more shite, when all you've got is four walls and a computer there's not much else to do
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2021, 07:43:24 AM

He's just proved to be a WUM, even entered the golf thread and was caught out also

But I expect he'll dust it down and come back with more shite, when all you've got is four walls and a computer there's not much else to do

He's been at it from January last year, there's days I come to this page and wonder who he has on the reel 😂

Angelo

Quote from: Evil Genius on March 24, 2021, 05:02:38 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 24, 2021, 02:59:07 PM
Lockdowns do not work, that is established...

Quote from: Angelo on March 24, 2021, 02:24:21 PM
Bullshit!

When you compare the Covid Mortality Rate per 100k of Population, you'll see that Sweden has fared far worse than its Nordic Neighbours, with whom it is best comparable:

Iceland - 8.20
Norway - 12.21
Finland - 14.64
Denmark - 41.47
Sweden - 130.75
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Of course Iceland had it somewhat easier for being an island, whilst Denmark had it harder being connected by land to mainland Europe.
Nonetheless, having a mortality rate 9 x times that of Finland to the east and 11 x times that of Norway to the west, both of which imposed lockdowns, tells a clear and unambiguous story.

Not only that, but Sweden didn't even escape the blow to its economy that lockdown causes - in fact it came off worse than its neighbours who did lockdown:

Sweden's GDP fell 8.6% during the second quarter of the year, according to its statistics body.
The fall is sharper than its neighbors — Denmark registered a 7.4% fall, and Finland a 3.2% fall. Statistics suggest Norway also fared better than Sweden.
Sweden decided not to pursue a nationwide lockdown, unlike most European nation. The statistics show this did not help its economy.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-sweden-gdp-falls-8pc-in-q2-worse-nordic-neighbors-2020-8?op=1&r=US&IR=T
[August 2020 is the most recent, easily laid-out figures I can find, but I believe the trend continued throughout the year]

Further, I say "formal" lockdown, since it is misleading to consider that Sweden didn't institute any restrictions. For example, some lower age schools were closed and gatherings over a certain number were prohibited. There were many other recommendations re. social distancing and mask-wearing issued, whilst many people/organisations/companies observed voluntary restrictions. This latter was evidenced eg by a significant fall in public transport tickets bought and a fall in credit card transactions.

Yet despite this, as the failure of their inital "herd immunity" strategy became ever more evident (undeniable), the country was forced to admit this and issue further restrictions, eg:

Nov.2020 -
No-lockdown Sweden toughens up restrictions as coronavirus cases rise:
Sweden appears to be changing tack and implementing stricter measures as a second wave of infections takes hold and hospitalizations rise.
On Monday, it announced that public gatherings of more than eight people were no longer allowed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/17/sweden-toughens-up-coronavirus-rules-as-infections-and-deaths-rise.html

Dec.2020 -
Sweden's king has said his country "failed" to save lives with its relatively relaxed approach to the coronavirus pandemic.
Sweden, which has never imposed a full lockdown, has seen nearly 350,000 cases and more than 7,800 deaths - a lot more than its Scandinavian neighbours.
Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said he agreed with the king's remarks.
"Of course the fact that so many have died can't be considered as anything other than a failure," Mr Lofven told reporters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55347021

Jan.2021 -
What you can be fined for under Sweden's [latest] pandemic law:
Sweden's new pandemic law gives the government power to introduce extra measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus, and if you break these, you could face fines or other legal sanctions.

As of January 19th, the measures introduced under the law mostly applied to businesses rather than individuals. For example, shops, gyms and sports facilities are limited to a maximum of one person per ten square metres of usable space (not shelves or cash registers), and these limits must be stated in risk assessments and advertised on signs at every entrance, and stated in mandatory risk assessments.

https://www.thelocal.se/20210119/what-can-you-be-fined-for-and-for-how-much-under-swedens-pandemic-law/

Feb.2021 -
New closing time: Sweden's rolls out more coronavirus rules for restaurants

From Monday, all restaurants and cafés in Sweden will have to close at 8.30pm under rules that will shortly be put forward by the Public Health Agency.
The regulation will apply regardless of whether or not the venues serve alcohol. Sweden has previously banned bars and restaurants from serving alcohol after 8pm, but due to a loophole in the law they have been able to remain open much longer in the evening. They would now have to shut their doors completely at 8.30pm.

https://www.thelocal.se/20210224/swedish-prime-minister-calls-press-conference-new-coronavirus-measures/

So we're only allowed compare Sweden with 4 other European countries.

Seem like an utterly ridiculous logic.

Angelo

Tweedledumb and Tweedledee have been two of the archetypal deferential types who do not seem to have the intelligence to question anything from an "expert". The term nodding donkeys comes to mind.

Tell me this, do both of you geniuses believe we eliminated winter flu this winter season?

Do both of you geniuses actually believe lockdowns have been successful?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 09:32:21 AM

Tweedledumb and Tweedledee have been two of the archetypal deferential types who do not seem to have the intelligence to question anything from an "expert". The term nodding donkeys comes to mind.

Tell me this, do both of you geniuses believe we eliminated winter flu this winter season?

I was the first case of Winter Flu this year felt a bit low all weekend there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 25, 2021, 09:32:21 AM

No, they haven't been done right at all, they were half arsed and we failed with track and trace also. I can't answer for someone else though.

Winter flu has been a success this year, we should follow some of these procedures every year and that will stop people dying from the flu. Using the measures we have been using has stopped the movement of the flu, people bringing the flu in has been reduced also. If you can't see that as a factor then you are dumber than I thought, and that's a low bar.

Do you feel that the lockdowns have not saved more lives had we just let her rip?