China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mario on March 18, 2021, 08:23:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 07:54:06 AM
Seasonal as in weather? Explain Brazil India all those countries like South Africa that, weather or seasonal wise is better than here and they have high numbers all year round?

Once the kids go back and they carry out the testing in schools the numbers will rise smackhead, hopefully it won't rise to much to put the stages back.

The numbers are down now because we've been 'caged' up for over 80 days and the vaccine is going to reduce the hospital admissions, having seen how well the lockdown worked in reducing other seasonal illnesses then surely it would mss as Ke good sense to have a mini lockdown.

If no lockdowns we'll need a booster to help with any mutations of this virus.

Europe already arranging vaccine passports, ferry companies demanding them also before cruises allow passengers on. This is positive
I thought Brazil and Indias numbers were quite low when adjusted for population. Brazil is 25th on deaths per 100k with a president that didn't believe in lockdown. India are 118th, I accept testing and record keeping might not be great but if it was a significant number it wouldn't go unnoticed like it is now. Climate has to be a driver here

How's the numbers in Spain and Italy? Are they going into a 3rd wave? Did we have high numbers just in the winter?

I get being outdoors is a factor that you are less likely to be in close contact and that there other things like colds and flus meant spreading was easier, but you can catch this any time of the year, I don't think the virus knows when its the summer or not.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

6th sam

Quote from: Mario on March 18, 2021, 08:23:49 AM
Seasonal as in weather? Explain Brazil India all those countries like South Africa that, weather or seasonal wise is better than here and they have high numbers all year round?

Once the kids go back and they carry out the testing in schools the numbers will rise smackhead, hopefully it won't rise to much to put the stages back.

The numbers are down now because we've been 'caged' up for over 80 days and the vaccine is going to reduce the hospital admissions, having seen how well the lockdown worked in reducing other seasonal illnesses then surely it would mss as Ke good sense to have a mini lockdown.

Europe already arranging vaccine passports, ferry companies demanding them also before cruises allow passengers on. This is positive
I thought Brazil and Indias numbers were quite low when adjusted for population. Brazil is 25th on deaths per 100k with a president that didn't believe in lockdown. India are 118th, I accept testing and record keeping might not be great but if it was a significant number it wouldn't go unnoticed like it is now. Climate has to be a driver here

There is probably seasonal element to the virus , as among other things outdoor life and ventilation lessen risk of spread compared to indoors . However comparison of countries is difficult as viral numbers are dependent on many things, including testing regimes , logistics and cultural attitudes around illness

clarshack

The numbers are down now because we've been 'caged' up for over 80 days and the vaccine is going to reduce the hospital admissions, having seen how well the lockdown worked in reducing other seasonal illnesses then surely it would make good sense to have a mini lockdown.

P&O Cruises still require mask wearing and social distancing even though everyone on board will have been vaccinated twice. how is that positive? surely if everyone is vaccinated there is no need for masks and social distancing.

GetOverTheBar

The numbers are down now because we've been 'caged' up for over 80 days and the vaccine is going to reduce the hospital admissions, having seen how well the lockdown worked in reducing other seasonal illnesses then surely it would make good sense to have a mini lockdown.

I think we are approaching the time when opinion starts to sway towards, it's time to get life back on track.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 18, 2021, 10:03:35 AM

I think we are approaching the time when opinion starts to sway towards, it's time to get life back on track.

I think Europe should worry more about vaccinating before any talk of passports!

Angelo

The point of insanity of this for me is reopening international travel when domestic society is not allowed to reopen.

It's the absolute height of madness if you are allowed travel around Europe freely yet you can't get your haircut and have to walk around outside with a mask on your face.

I can't see the mask thing sticking. I really have to question the actual impacts of masks anyway, this was brought as mandatory I'd say in Sept? Open to correction here. Compliance with it has been very high from what I've seen. Yet since its introduction as mandatory cases have sky rocketed.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

6th sam

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:14:34 AM
The point of insanity of this for me is reopening international travel when domestic society is not allowed to reopen.

It's the absolute height of madness if you are allowed travel around Europe freely yet you can't get your haircut and have to walk around outside with a mask on your face.

I can't see the mask thing sticking. I really have to question the actual impacts of masks anyway, this was brought as mandatory I'd say in Sept? Open to correction here. Compliance with it has been very high from what I've seen. Yet since its introduction as mandatory cases have sky rocketed.

Mask wearing , washing and distancing reduces spread, it can't prevent spread completely. However if there wasn't mask wearing spread would have been quicker and wider. The concern being that in those circumstances the NHS couldn't cope . Post vaccination there needs to be mature reflection on the approach to this pandemic, and learn for the future. Economic and societal wellbeing would be under serious pressure with  another lockdown . Comprehensive statistical analysis of Covid and its restrictions should determine how we deal with ongoing pandemic concerns

Milltown Row2

You don't have to wear a mask outside. It's not mandatory.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:26:24 AM

Yet.

Wait until we reopen in the summer months. It is mandatory in some European countries at present.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:27:32 AM

Yet.

Wait until we reopen in the summer months. It is mandatory in some European countries at present.

Yet???????? You said it was ffs!

Angelo

Quote from: 6th sam on March 18, 2021, 10:25:43 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:14:34 AM

Mask wearing , washing and distancing reduces spread, it can't prevent spread completely. However if there wasn't mask wearing spread would have been quicker and wider. The concern being that in those circumstances the NHS couldn't cope . Post vaccination there needs to be mature reflection on the approach to this pandemic, and learn for the future. Economic and societal wellbeing would be under serious pressure with  another lockdown . Comprehensive statistical analysis of Covid and its restrictions should determine how we deal with ongoing pandemic concerns

Is this proven?

Have you seen the videos where experts tell you the wear you have to wear your mask? Basically they say unless you follow all the steps described that masks aren't really effective and from watching the video I can say the majority of people do not follow those rules.

This is from the WHO.

Clean your hands before you put your mask on, as well as before and after you take it off, and after you touch it at any time.
Make sure it covers both your nose, mouth and chin.
When you take off a mask, store it in a clean plastic bag, and every day either wash it if it's a fabric mask, or dispose of a medical mask in a trash bin.
Don't use masks with valves.

How many people do you see put their mask into a clear plastic bag after use and wash it every day do you think? I'd say less than 10%.

People comply with masks not really because they believe they are saving lives or stopping the spread by doing so but for fear of being ostracised and set on for not complying.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:28:28 AM

Yet.

I talked about it in a hypothetical sense - if being the key word.

I predict when society reopens in the summer months we will be mandated to wear masks in city streets etc. It is mandatory in many European countries presently.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on March 18, 2021, 10:33:15 AM

Yet.

I predict when society reopens in the summer months we will be mandated to wear masks in city streets etc. It is mandatory in many European countries presently.

Angelo has a fair point here. Looks like everyone will be off to Turkey soon for their summer hols, no passport vaccine, no restrictions and back home before you can get a pint in the local.

Mad.

Milltown Row2

Yet.

Just so that I can get it right here, you don't have to wear a mask outside, that's the current set up and has been that way since last year.

Your other points are correct but you are telling fibs on the mask wearing. Your whole ethos is about stating facts and deal with just the facts, your are talking out of your hole though when you bring in false statements.

The government have got it wrong on so many levels and hopefully they'll be pulled on it when there is an equiry into how it was handled at the start.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2021, 10:55:09 AM

Yet.

Just so that I can get it right here, you don't have to wear a mask outside, that's the current set up and has been that way since last year.

Your other points are correct but you are telling fibs on the mask wearing. Your whole ethos is about stating facts and deal with just the facts, your are talking out of your hole though when you bring in false statements.

The government have got it wrong on so many levels and hopefully they'll be pulled on it when there is an equiry into how it was handled at the start.

I'm not telling any fibs, I'm giving my opinion that the same suit will be followed on one of or both sides of the border this summer as is the case in European countries whereby mask wearing will be made mandatory in outdoor public spaces. You can agree or disagree with that, I don't care but that's the way I see it going this summer.