Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 04:37:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 04:08:38 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 03:44:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 03:31:58 PM
The consultant said to me stop worrying what you read in the news, we are open and carrying out surgeries. Even Poots had his surgery. The screenings are happening also, just not at the rate it should be or has been. But you'd rather have people die of Covid as well

What's the point in discussing this with you? I've not said anything of the like. I think we should be looking at the big picture and when you don't like the FACTS presented to you, I get that in return.

You are a child.

I've put valid points forward and once again you have tried to debase a discussion that people should be having with your arrogance and abusiveness.

You have given no solutions, no other way out of it other than close the nursing homes. You're the child here

I have given what I believe we should have done many times. We should be living with reasonable restrictions. For me lockdowns have too many wide ranging and long term problems associated with them. I've outlined those problems, I've substantiated them and rather than discuss them - you casually dismissed them and then when they were backed up with facts you decide to hysterically claim I want people to die of Covid.

That's why I called you a child and you're parroting me on that in typical child like behaviour. Grow up.

We're gambling on vaccines being a silver bullet, the news coming out of Israel is worrying over half the population vaccinated with at least one dose and the virus is back on the rampage again.

There's no magic solution to it. People are going to die, be impacted on physically and mentally by both Covid and the response to quelling Covid and you want to suppress discussion on the impact of Covid. You want to carry that suppression out by being abusive and insulting.

What reasonable restrictions?

The same reasonable restrictions we lived with during last summer.

Limited capacity, hand hygiene, social distancing, masks etc.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Corkscrew

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 02:36:06 PM
So lockdowns didn't reduce hospital admissions, deaths and cases?

Go ask the nuns in the Northern Kentucky monastery mentioned below of what they now think about lock downs and vaccines. The Coincidence Theorists are in full flow. 

"Earlier this month WKRC Local 12 in Kentucky reported how two nuns died and 28 out of the 35 nuns at a Northern Kentucky monastery tested positive for COVID just two days after receiving their first experimental mRNA COVID injections.

The leadership of the monastery, as well as the local media, were shocked at the "outbreak" of COVID and resulting two deaths, because the monastery was not open to visitors, and the residents had not traveled outside of the monastery.

If ever one wanted to find a totally locked down facility with no exposure to the outside world, a monastery is about as locked down as one can get.

Nevertheless, following what we have consistently seen in our news reports where a religious belief in vaccines prevents one from thinking logically and even considering the possibility that these experimental, non-FDA approved mRNA injections could have anything to do with the deaths or COVID outbreaks, the experimental injections they received just two days before were never even considered to be the cause of the deaths or illnesses".

Cunny Funt

Weekly update for the ROI

Cases 4574 (972 fewer than last week)
Reported Deaths 185 ( 7 fewer than last week)

In hospital 554 (190 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 133 (15 fewer than a week ago)

lenny

Quote from: Corkscrew on February 28, 2021, 05:02:55 PM

Go ask the nuns in the Northern Kentucky monastery mentioned below of what they now think about lock downs and vaccines. The Coincidence Theorists are in full flow. 

"Earlier this month WKRC Local 12 in Kentucky reported how two nuns died and 28 out of the 35 nuns at a Northern Kentucky monastery tested positive for COVID just two days after receiving their first experimental mRNA COVID injections.

The leadership of the monastery, as well as the local media, were shocked at the "outbreak" of COVID and resulting two deaths, because the monastery was not open to visitors, and the residents had not traveled outside of the monastery.

If ever one wanted to find a totally locked down facility with no exposure to the outside world, a monastery is about as locked down as one can get.

Nevertheless, following what we have consistently seen in our news reports where a religious belief in vaccines prevents one from thinking logically and even considering the possibility that these experimental, non-FDA approved mRNA injections could have anything to do with the deaths or COVID outbreaks, the experimental injections they received just two days before were never even considered to be the cause of the deaths or illnesses".

It's well known by now by most people that the vaccine doesn't protect you until about day 21. This story doesn't ring true at all but if these nuns are showing symptoms 2 days after getting the vaccine it means they were probably infected 10-12 days before their vaccine. It's very hard to completely avoid contact with the outside world, I'm sure there were people arriving to supply food or to do maintenance work etc. All it takes is for one to get infected.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2021, 05:50:19 PM

It's well known by now by most people that the vaccine doesn't protect you until about day 21. This story doesn't ring true at all but if these nuns are showing symptoms 2 days after getting the vaccine it means they were probably infected 10-12 days before their vaccine. It's very hard to completely avoid contact with the outside world, I'm sure there were people arriving to supply food or to do maintenance work etc. All it takes is for one to get infected.

Well known?

Do you countenance that the vaccine could possibly have been something to do with the deaths or just a coincidence?

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 05:52:49 PM

Well known?

Do you countenance that the vaccine could possibly have been something to do with the deaths or just a coincidence?

The vaccine doesn't give people COVID. That isn't my opinion, it's a fact. Therefore there is zero chance that the 28 nuns who've tested positive got it from the vaccine.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 04:40:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 04:37:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 04:08:38 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 03:44:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 03:31:58 PM
The consultant said to me stop worrying what you read in the news, we are open and carrying out surgeries. Even Poots had his surgery. The screenings are happening also, just not at the rate it should be or has been. But you'd rather have people die of Covid as well

What's the point in discussing this with you? I've not said anything of the like. I think we should be looking at the big picture and when you don't like the FACTS presented to you, I get that in return.

You are a child.

I've put valid points forward and once again you have tried to debase a discussion that people should be having with your arrogance and abusiveness.

You have given no solutions, no other way out of it other than close the nursing homes. You're the child here

I have given what I believe we should have done many times. We should be living with reasonable restrictions. For me lockdowns have too many wide ranging and long term problems associated with them. I've outlined those problems, I've substantiated them and rather than discuss them - you casually dismissed them and then when they were backed up with facts you decide to hysterically claim I want people to die of Covid.

That's why I called you a child and you're parroting me on that in typical child like behaviour. Grow up.

We're gambling on vaccines being a silver bullet, the news coming out of Israel is worrying over half the population vaccinated with at least one dose and the virus is back on the rampage again.

There's no magic solution to it. People are going to die, be impacted on physically and mentally by both Covid and the response to quelling Covid and you want to suppress discussion on the impact of Covid. You want to carry that suppression out by being abusive and insulting.

What reasonable restrictions?

The same reasonable restrictions we lived with during last summer.

Limited capacity, hand hygiene, social distancing, masks etc.

Limited capacity? What's that entail?

We still hand hygiene and we still social distance and we still wear masks, we did it from March through the summer September and beyond. That was a mixture of lockdown no lockdowns and we still have big numbers.

How can we bring the hospital admissions down? The summer drop off came about being lockdown for 3 months when a lot of people were crossing the street to avoid people.

Are looking at the Sweden model as a limited lockdown life?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 04:29:38 PM
Over 50% of the Israeli adult population now vaccinated with at least one dose and Covid is back on the rise there.

that means that half of adult and all children are not.

quote]I think there are big question marks on how effective this Covid vaccine is. Governments all across the Western World have thrown their lot in with vaccines and this is a worrying development.[/quote]

All the evidence suggests that these are very effective vaccines. Research continues on treatments and testing approaches as well. However, the vaccines will be most effective if numbers are dampened down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2021, 06:28:58 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 05:52:49 PM

Well known?

The vaccine doesn't give people COVID. That isn't my opinion, it's a fact. Therefore there is zero chance that the 28 nuns who've tested positive got it from the vaccine.

Wow.

That's an interesting insight to the rationale of a dogmatic person. How do you know that for fact? Do you realise that a lot of vaccines work by infecting people with a mild dose of a virus to trigger their immunity to it? The absolute level of ignorance you display is so scary here.

Now that's not what I asked either but thanks for confirming the level of logic and dogmatic thinking I'm dealing with.

What I asked was:

Now, are you willing to answer that question or are you just going to answer questions that are not asked?

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on February 28, 2021, 06:44:32 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 04:29:38 PM
Over 50% of the Israeli adult population now vaccinated with at least one dose and Covid is back on the rise there.

that means that half of adult and all children are not.

quote]I think there are big question marks on how effective this Covid vaccine is. Governments all across the Western World have thrown their lot in with vaccines and this is a worrying development.

All the evidence suggests that these are very effective vaccines. Research continues on treatments and testing approaches as well. However, the vaccines will be most effective if numbers are dampened down.
[/quote]

Incorrect. Circa 60% of the adult population have one vaccine dose, circa 40% of the adult population have 2 vaccine doses.

And yet the vaccine cases are on the rise again.

So that evidence is contradictory to the claims being emitted.

Are you saying that the rise in positive cases are down to children so? Or is that just a stab in the dark?

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 06:30:38 PM

We still hand hygiene and we still social distance and we still wear masks, we did it from March through the summer September and beyond. That was a mixture of lockdown no lockdowns and we still have big numbers.

How can we bring the hospital admissions down? The summer drop off came about being lockdown for 3 months when a lot of people were crossing the street to avoid people.

Are you playing obtuse now? This is pathetic stuff from you but it's all we can accept.

Bars, restaurants, cinemas, sporting events, weddings, funerals have had limited capacities since Covid came in so why are you feigning ignorance now on what that means? It's clear how you want to debase every single thread on this forum into outright silliness and absurdity.

And more lies form you. Masks were not encouraged by governments in the west until I'd say Sept/Oct - they were only made mandatory at that time so once again when faced with the truth you want to throw complete lies and misinformation into the mix.

And once again you revert to Covid tunnel vision. After you casually dismissed the mental health, the wellbeing of children, domestic abuse victims from being considered in the action we take.

This should not be Covid, this should be about society and what benefits society the most, we need to consider all our citizen, their needs, the impacts on society both now and the future. You want to just consider the sole aspect of Covid though and you casually dismiss anything not directly related to it.

trailer

Remember when Mary told Joseph she was a virgin and "God" impregnated her?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on February 28, 2021, 06:57:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2021, 06:30:38 PM

Are you playing obtuse now? This is pathetic stuff from you but it's all we can accept.

Bars, restaurants, cinemas, sporting events, weddings, funerals have had limited capacities since Covid came in so why are you feigning ignorance now on what that means? It's clear how you want to debase every single thread on this forum into outright silliness and absurdity.

And more lies form you. Masks were not encouraged by governments in the west until I'd say Sept/Oct - they were only made mandatory at that time so once again when faced with the truth you want to throw complete lies and misinformation into the mix.

And once again you revert to Covid tunnel vision. After you casually dismissed the mental health, the wellbeing of children, domestic abuse victims from being considered in the action we take.

This should not be Covid, this should be about society and what benefits society the most, we need to consider all our citizen, their needs, the impacts on society both now and the future. You want to just consider the sole aspect of Covid though and you casually dismiss anything not directly related to it.

So, cause I've low intelligence, are you saying that having those places open, restaurants bars cafes with limited capacity (2 meter rule) is ok?  Is that during that eat out to help out period that drove the cases through the roof? Dead on. Are you favouring the Swedish approach?

And I was back in work in June wearing a mask, and no one was allowed in unless they had one also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Almost a full year of Covid. What will we remember about it ?

Corkscrew

Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2021, 07:02:52 PM

Remember when Mary told Joseph she was a virgin and "God" impregnated her?

So you figure that the nuns are lying, even the two dead ones and WKRC Local 12 etc fell for it?