China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Robbie Swann and Celebrity McBride would fair put you in bad form
All doom and gloom at the press briefing and is with the lowest death in a day in 5 months
Doom merchants both of them
Absolutely no positivity or hope from either

Franko

The bad man on the TV won't stop saying there's a pandemic going on.

Sometimes things are shit - and this is definitely one of those times.

Grow up.

johnnycool

Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2021, 05:50:54 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 23, 2021, 05:03:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2021, 04:48:57 PM
Confirmation that Level 5 restrictions to remain in place until April 5th.

Interesting to se what the North do.

How will it work with the majority of the North vaccinated and small minority in South vaccinated.

Shut the border?  :o

I must have missed that, where it this place?

The North of this island - the majority will be vaccinated long before the South of the island.

Then what?

By the 5th of April or have I misread you?

My dad whose 85 got his first jab a month ago isn't due his second till the 1st of April and he's in one of the first cohorts allegedly so his vaccination won't be complete till the 10th of April unless what I've read is wrong!

Armagh18

Quote from: Franko on February 24, 2021, 05:18:38 PM

Grow up.
Pandemic me hole

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnnycool on February 24, 2021, 05:27:04 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2021, 05:50:54 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 23, 2021, 05:03:20 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2021, 04:48:57 PM
Confirmation that Level 5 restrictions to remain in place until April 5th.

Interesting to se what the North do.

How will it work with the majority of the North vaccinated and small minority in South vaccinated.

Shut the border?  :o

I must have missed that, where it this place?

The North of this island - the majority will be vaccinated long before the South of the island.

Then what?

By the 5th of April or have I misread you?

My dad whose 85 got his first jab a month ago isn't due his second till the 1st of April and he's in one of the first cohorts allegedly so his vaccination won't be complete till the 10th of April unless what I've read is wrong!
Sounds about right. I got mine today and will get the top-up on 5th May. Provided I dont die from an adverse reaction.

Rossfan

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 24, 2021, 05:28:55 PM
Quote from: Franko on February 24, 2021, 05:18:38 PM

Grow up.
Pandemic me hole
Another LĂșdair for the ignore list.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Why won't people live in a fantasy land where there's no pandemic, if only everybody would do that things would be so much easier

It could be like Weekend At Bernie's

JoG2

Questions for those deciding not take the vaccine. Have you been asking, no, probably pleading (as I'd assume most Covid anti-vaxers are doing it re safety issues) with friends and family not to take it too (you'll be wanting to keep them safe, like yourselves) ? And, in your opinion, should the rest of us not take it during this vaccine roll out?

Angelo

Quote from: JoG2 on February 24, 2021, 08:12:40 PM
Questions for those deciding not take the vaccine. Have you been asking, no, probably pleading (as I'd assume most Covid anti-vaxers are doing it re safety issues) with friends and family not to take it too (you'll be wanting to keep them safe, like yourselves) ? And, in your opinion, should the rest of us not take it during this vaccine roll out?

Everyone should make their own mind up. Not my business to tell others what to do, nor is the right of zealots to impose their will on other people either.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Zealot seems to be the new buzzword of the frivolously offended

Simon will be happy he's back in vogue

seafoid

https://haaretz.com/israel-news/drop-in-israel-s-covid-infection-rates-halts-raising-concerns-of-renewed-outbrek-1.9566113... Drop in Israel's COVID Infection Rates Comes to a Halt, Raising Concerns of Renewed Outbreak New daily coronavirus cases were down to 3,500, only to jump up again

Smokin Joe

My wife is a nurse and got the vaccination two weeks ago. She started displaying symptoms 8 days after getting her vaccination, and she subsequently tested positive!

Lots of questions out of that obviously, but what is encouraging is that (so far) she has only had mild symptoms of a high temperature one just one day, was low in energy and had no appetite for a couple of days.  As of now you wouldn't know that she has any illness at all, so hopefully it stays like that
So while the vaccine didn't prevent her from catching it she seems to have gotten a really mild dose of it. And despite us sleeping together for 3 nights since her symptoms started I tested negative yesterday.

imtommygunn

Do they not say there's a 14 day window after getting it?

Our wee boy(1 year old) had it and how neither me nor my wife got it with him getting it is a big mystery to me.

GetOverTheBar

There has been quite a few of these type of stories anecdotally that I've come across. Same house, one gets it. The others don't.

Vitamin D seems to be something that is mentioned, that seems to be helping people. It's surely worth doing a bit of reading yourself on it, majority of us Irish would be lacking in it anyway and what harm could it do really to start looking after yourself a bit better?

lenny

Quote from: Smokin Joe on February 25, 2021, 12:16:16 PM
My wife is a nurse and got the vaccination two weeks ago. She started displaying symptoms 8 days after getting her vaccination, and she subsequently tested positive!

Lots of questions out of that obviously, but what is encouraging is that (so far) she has only had mild symptoms of a high temperature one just one day, was low in energy and had no appetite for a couple of days.  As of now you wouldn't know that she has any illness at all, so hopefully it stays like that
So while the vaccine didn't prevent her from catching it she seems to have gotten a really mild dose of it. And despite us sleeping together for 3 nights since her symptoms started I tested negative yesterday.

It takes 3 weeks for the vaccine to be effective. You're not really protected at all for the first 14 days after getting it.